BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

09-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #177
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
No. People simply listed features the iPhone is without. There was no qualitative evaluation of why or how those said features serves them better. So, they too are extremely subjective. Cheers!

That's like saying a 90" panel tv is better than a 60" because it's simply bigger. Lol
I hope Apple pays you for this. Really.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #178
sterz85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
I hope Apple pays you for this. Really.
I'm pretty sure he's trollin.

One thing I've noticed abut this thread so far is that is has been pretty civil. The android/windows community hasn't come in saying the iPhone 5 sucks or anything even close to that.

Aside from stating that hardware/software on the iPhone 5 is nothing new to the Android community, it's been mostly iPhone people defending the iPhone.

iPhone users, welcome to LTE. It's awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #179
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterz85 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's trollin.
In his base M3 no less.

Quote:
iPhone users, welcome to LTE. It's awesome.
Absolutely. Single most important upgrade IMO. I'm glad Apple went ahead and let us know we actually want that in a phone now that they've come around to including it. You know, because there was no need or want for LTE before Apple decided it was time....

But yeah, this thread was pretty civil. Ignore the guy, he's either a troll or a complete idiot, just look up his participation in the ridiculous base M3 thread or the TM/GZ thread. Either a great troll or just really stupid.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #180
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Trollin? How about dropping the silly internet terms for a moment, eh? I said what I said whether you agree or not. When someone calls into question the paper-thin opinions of other, people always turn to these labels. Please. Android may be a great phone. That's awesome for you. But again, you're actively posting in an iPhone 5 thread. Zing!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #181
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
In his base M3 no less.
And My base Ducati. LOL Weak insults that amount to nothing.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #182
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

^ See he's serious. I told you guys!

See here for Exhibit A

See here for Exhibit B

Those are only the two I've accidentally run into. I'm sure there's more hilarity but I don't care to search it out. Just ignore him. As you see in the other threads, he just doesn't quit. If he was a troll, he'd be a damn good one. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case.

We actually had a good discussion going before he arrived, so if we can carry that on, that would be nice.

Last edited by ragingclue; 09-14-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #183
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Says the guy who thinks he can insult someone's M3 in the OT section of an M3 subforum. LOL .
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #184
sterz85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi

Quote:
update your ignore list
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #185
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Or buy an Iphone 5
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #186
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Says the guy who thinks he can insult someone's M3 in the OT section of an M3 subforum. LOL .
OT is not in the M3 subforum fyi..

I can get to it from e90...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=743989&page=9
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #187
48Laws
Banned
Rep

You can also get it from any search engine directly and cached? And?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #188
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
update your ignore list
Done. Pretty crazy, before that I hadn't added a single person to that list in four years on here.... Pretty mind-blowing when considering how many trolls and turds roll through here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
OT is not in the M3 subforum fyi..

I can get to it from e90...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=743989&page=9
It's common to all bimmerpost subforums AFAIK, but your common sense has no place here. Apple said so.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #189
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Wow! You turn people's arguments flat on their face and they have hissy fits and cry about an ignore list. And we're only talking about phones. Imagine the hot topics? LMFAO!

Well, off to my base M3 and base Ducati.......
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #190
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

I wonder which LTE radio chipset is responsible for Apple finally accepting the tech.... They must have made great efficiency strides in the past few months for that phone to get lighter, gain a bigger screen, and gain LTE while not expecting terrible battery life.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #191
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws
Someone said in the previous pages that Apple should stop suing and start innovating. But the irony in that entire statement is that Apple saw it necessary to sue to protect their brand. The old adage, "Imitation is the best form of flattery" applies here. And Apple won to boot! Everyone wants to be floored or amazed at every creation Apple makes which is actually more evidence the consumer expects an awesome product! Did the consumer get amazed this go around? Opinions vary.... After growing up watching Michael Jordan, for example, amaze me on the court, his style became less amazing yet still inspiring and and still rich in talent? Did he get worse at his game? No! We as fans just kept raising the bar. That's all.
Yeah, I think people were amazed, or pleased enough, to rack up enough sales to push back the shipments several weeks within the first hour of pre-order sales.

To each his own, I could care less if you have an iPhone or SG3. As I said before, you are either for or against the iPhone, and those opposed are just as vehement in their views as are the fanboys. No one on this forum will convince me the iPhone or Android whatever is the way to go, I will base my decision on personal choices, not other folks choices.

Recent article stated, from an independent survey, that Apple will probably sell in the neighborhood of 200 million iPhones by end of 2013. As such, I would speculate the iPhone has its place in the market, has a loyal following, and must be doing something right!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #192
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue
I wonder which LTE radio chipset is responsible for Apple finally accepting the tech.... They must have made great efficiency strides in the past few months for that phone to get lighter, gain a bigger screen, and gain LTE while not expecting terrible battery life.
I guess the iPad3 that has LTE that's been out a while shouldn't factor into the equation, seeing you are only arguing about specific cell phones. Your position is mute, to say Apple final included LTE in the iPhone5. You're quite funny really, making your arguments in favor of the galaxy or whatever, and come down hard on anyone with an opposing view. To spare myself wasting more time reading your useless drabble, I'll just place you on my ignore list.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #193
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baremeg55 View Post
I guess the iPad3 that has LTE that's been out a while shouldn't factor into the equation, seeing you are only arguing about specific cell phones. Your position is mute, to say Apple final included LTE in the iPhone5. You're quite funny really, making your arguments in favor of the galaxy or whatever, and come down hard on anyone with an opposing view. To spare myself wasting more time reading your useless drabble, I'll just place you on my ignore list.
LOL really? Are you 12? Did you even read my posts? Where do I take the Galaxy's side? Point it out for me. Go ahead. I'll wait. I even said at one point that the iPhone is the best off the shelf phone for the average smartphone user, how is that taking Samsuck's side?

Maybe you're not aware that the reason why LTE wasn't included in previous smartphones, to include those made by Apple, was because of immense battery drain.... That was only a few months ago. It's actually a very valid question. But you probably had no idea. I should probably only post about this stuff in the tech subforum, so as not to offend those who are completely ignorant of stuff like that. Oh and the iPad3 has a much bigger capacity for battery than the iPhone could (size duh), meaning it can stand far more drain. But yeah I don't really need to explain that to you, do I? I guess I do because my very relevant question somehow came off as an insult to your poor self.

Is this an iPhone fanboi thread or are we actually discussing the phone and how it relates to the industry? It's a discussion. If you fanbois want to get together for a circle jerk, make your own "iPhone circle jerk thread" and have at it.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #194
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
apple said they made their own chipset that combines the two chips into 1. Most LTE phones have two separate chips. One for Edge/3g and the other one LTE. By making all of that in one chip, they said it was more efficient.
      09-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #195
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
apple said they made their own chipset that combines the two chips into 1. Most LTE phones have two separate chips. One for Edge/3g and the other one LTE. By making all of that in one chip, they said it was more efficient.
Cool, you got any links for this? I know they said something about their new revolutionary SoC but I didn't get any details, I wonder if that was part of the buzz.

I wonder how they're managing heat... In any case, that's awesome that the LTE functionality is finally becoming efficient, and we're already at about the maximum usable screen size, so from here, battery life should have a better chance of increasing in future releases. That is good, battery life is starting to get a little bit ridiculous in some of these flagship phones.

I wonder if they patented the combined radio (that's 50% serious inquiry and 50% joke).
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #196
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Cool, you got any links for this? I know they said something about their new revolutionary SoC but I didn't get any details, I wonder if that was part of the buzz.

I wonder how they're managing heat... In any case, that's awesome that the LTE functionality is finally becoming efficient, and we're already at about the maximum usable screen size, so from here, battery life should have a better chance of increasing in future releases. That is good, battery life is starting to get a little bit ridiculous in some of these flagship phones.

I wonder if they patented the combined radio (that's 50% serious inquiry and 50% joke).
not sure.. i know the A6 is actually a new different architecture as well that hasn't been released yet. Its dual core, but different then the other dual cores(such as the one as the 4S).

" Apple is the first company to commercially deploy the Cortex dual core A15 processor. This is a very advanced, efficient chip based on a 32 nanometer process. Manufactured by Samsung, it uses High-k Metal Gate (HKMG) technology. Clock for clock, it’s said to be 40 percent faster than the older Cortex A9 used in the A5 in the iPhone 4S"

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...-quad-core-but
      09-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #197
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baremeg55 View Post
Yeah, I think people were amazed, or pleased enough, to rack up enough sales to push back the shipments several weeks within the first hour of pre-order sales.

To each his own, I could care less if you have an iPhone or SG3. As I said before, you are either for or against the iPhone, and those opposed are just as vehement in their views as are the fanboys. No one on this forum will convince me the iPhone or Android whatever is the way to go, I will base my decision on personal choices, not other folks choices.

Recent article stated, from an independent survey, that Apple will probably sell in the neighborhood of 200 million iPhones by end of 2013. As such, I would speculate the iPhone has its place in the market, has a loyal following, and must be doing something right!!!
I totally agree. And I also acknowledge that we all can be a bit annoying when it comes to what we treasure. All I can say is my house is laced with Apple products and the only money I spent on them was the initial purchase. They run exceptionally well and are very durable considering the design. No crashes or malware to worry about or safeguard against.

This little thing is actually funny but very true...LOL

Quote:
Yeah, I may just be another Apple fanboy among the rest, but when I argue about something, I don't just flame, I think straight and get my facts right. After having used an iPhone for a month now (and having 3 family members with Android-based OS phones), I loved my iPhone from day one, and still love it up until now. But, what really distinguishes the iPhone and iOS from Android-based phones? Well, that's simple...

1. It's All About the Apps.

The iPhone's App Store contains hundreds of thousands of apps, free and paid. It might have even hit a million, I'm not quite sure, but they are of high quality, and get this: all compatible with the iPhone. Now, while Android may have a good amount of apps, it doesn't mean all of them are compatible with your device. Here is a list of the phones compatible with Angry Birds:

http://www.uberphones.com/2010/11/an...tibility-list/

You're probably thinking that there are more Android-based phones than that, and there sure are. When you buy an iPhone 4, you're 100% guaranteed that the phone WILL work with the phone, no lists, mods, or hacks required. Simply because there is only one version of iOS; no Vanilla or HTC kernel incompatibility. The only incompatibilities you'd have to worry about on the iPhone is retina-display ready apps, or apps that are just so damn old that they'll crash on 4.2.6. So far, zero problems with any app on my iPhone 4, not one single crash so far, even on jailbroken apps.

2. Open source or Not Open Source? That is the question.

Yeah yeah, Android is open, iPhone isn't. Big whoop, it's better that way; we're protected from malware and you're not. We also have the advantage of no crap, low-quality applications flowing through App Store. While neither Android phones nor iPhones can access root, both are capable of doing so using 3rd party tools. The difference? One can brick, the other can't. Take a guess which one can brick? Android would be the correct answer. As you'd probably have to be an idiot to brick your Android phone in the first place, it is 100% possible to do so, and is 100% irrecoverable if you flash over the recovery partition of the NAND flash memory; no recovery tool can ever help you there. Meanwhile, the iPhone, if somehow in a long mile, is "bricked" (100% impossible), you can access a built-in DFU mode to restore the iPhone to it's original firmware, despite how much the OS has been contorted and removed. Yeah, if you flash the DFU partition you're done, but the only way to do that is by doing it on purpose.

3. Flash?

Android has flash; too bad it's been replaced by the cleaner, faster HTML-5 used on the iPhone 4. I can't think of one website that I'd actually go to to implement Adobe Flash Player. Yeah there's flash games, but who the hell would play flash games on a mobile phone, when you have App Store with games everywhere? I mean, an Android user might need flash because all the App Market games suck (I can name one good Android game: Angry Birds), but an iPhone user has a plentiful amount of games sitting right in front of them self, as do I. If an iPhone user REALLY needed flash, then just download SkyFire web browser, which supports all flash content, it's not that big of a deal. There's also iSwift, a brand new app in App Store which can play flash games. If someone is crazy about flash and absolutely NEEDS it, download Flash ported to iPhone then (titled Frash in Cydia). It doesn't work in 4.2.6 simply because there's no demand for it; Flash is dead!

4. Choose Wisely, Grasshopper.

Do you want the HTC Incredible, Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, Droid 2, HTC Evo 4G, etc. OR, do you want an iPhone? When you buy the current iPhone, there's no choosing. You buy the iPhone 4 with the hardware specifications and build quality it has, and you be happy with it. When you buy an Android phone, you have to find one that isn't made out of crap materials, it has to have a decent amount of processing power, and you have to choose between no keyboard or on-screen. Even if you we're to buy a previous iPhone, there's only 4 to choose from; there's not much to go crazy about, and it's a heck of a lot easier to choose. Phone's don't release sporadically throughout the year making you feel outdated, they only release once a year to keep up with your upgrades. While other phones might have dual-core processors and 4G as of right now (above the iPhone 4's A4 1GHz processor), I'd rather be able to use my phone than charge it every 6 hours. iPhone competitors are trying to step ahead too quickly, which will cause the battery life to decrease dramatically, all on account of the fact that the technology of the current 4G and processing chips are all still power hungry.

5. When does YOUR update come out?

The Android updates are nice and all, but... why don't the updates ever seem to be released at the same time as all the other ones? It took quite a while for the Verizon HTC Incredible to receive the 2.2 Froyo update, with other carriers getting it first and after. Some phones don't even have 2.2 yet, they're still stuck on older firmwares! As of currently, Gingerbread is released on one or two phones right now, but I really can't comprehend why they can't just get them all timed together and release them on all the phones all at the same time! There's always the method of flashing homebrewed Gingerbread ROMs onto the phone, but then there's always the risk of bricking, and it's also not the official firmware, causing a good amount of bugs. With the iPhone, the update will always be compatible with your phone (with the exception of older iDevices), and they will ALWAYS be released on the same day throughout all devices; no stupid delays.

6. Sync your phone to...

As of right now, there's still no PC/Mac based applications that can sync your applications, contacts, music, photos and videos. On day one of firmware 2.0 of the iPhone, this was all possible, so why does the Android still not have a syncing method? The only known way to "sync" your apps is through the internet, where you will have to literally re-download every single app you've previously had. There are PC/Mac apps, though, to sync your music, photos and videos, but why can't they just make application syncing possible? I mean, sure, there might be methods through rooting, but that's, first off, dangerous to the well-being of your Android phone, and secondly, you have to go out of your way just to sync your phone's applications to the computer.

I'm sure there are more reasons, and I'll write them down as I think about them. But as of right now, here's 6 great reasons on why the Android OS based phones really just... suck!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #198
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Interesting. I was hoping someone had the details on the CPU already but I guess I'll have to wait. Details on the radio will be nice too, and I actually am interested as to whether or not it's patented so as to keep the efficiency of such a design out of other manufacturers' hands...

It's so odd how Samsung and Apple sue the shit out of each other and make life miserable wasting all that money challenging each other.... when Samsung provides so many critical components for the iPhones over the years. I wonder how the most recent suit (over LTE) will turn out. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel on this patent BS.

With the emergence of WP8 and the sort of agreement M$ and Apple have (i.e. none of this patent merry go round), maybe M$'s unimpeded progress will eventually force Apple to revolutionize the product again as opposed to just adding features to an existing design.

It's funny, the fanbois applaud Apple for what a great innovation the packaging of the iPhone was.... Which I agree with.... And then they go on to say they don't mind suffocating innovation, which essentially could avoid the emergence of the next sort of revolutionary step, the next iPhone so-to-speak. It's so incredibly hypocritical.
Appreciate 0