BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

05-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #23
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Buu View Post
Agreed. He's dumping a crapload of money into that 328i and he will never get either the performance or the resale value to show for it. He should've just cut to the chase and got a used M3.
hey douchebag.
      05-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
RNE90
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 LCI

So just because some one has a 328 they shouldn't mod it? the guys with modded 335? i guess they should have just got an m3? the guys with a modded m3 guess they should have got m5. so on and so on. when some people buy a car (me included) they incorpate the price of modding the car as well. wether i bought a 328, 335, M3, civic FRS, STI, etc. im still going to mod it. so no buying the 328 and modding it is not the same as buying the m3.

2011 E90 LCI BSM | Eibach | Alufelgen CS7 | AFE | BMS PBX | M-Tech | ACS | Performance Kidney Grills | LUX V3 | H&R
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #25
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

That's the Franken'M'obile
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #26
killakill
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 M3,6th Gen Camaro SS

I seen his car in real life. Hands down best looking e90 out there. Excellent seller his car looks better than a stock e90 m3 without doubt.

Last edited by killakill; 05-17-2013 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #27
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG M3 (SOLD), '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNE90 View Post
So just because some one has a 328 they shouldn't mod it? the guys with modded 335? i guess they should have just got an m3? the guys with a modded m3 guess they should have got m5. so on and so on. when some people buy a car (me included) they incorpate the price of modding the car as well. wether i bought a 328, 335, M3, civic FRS, STI, etc. im still going to mod it. so no buying the 328 and modding it is not the same as buying the m3.
Relax, there's nothing wrong with modding your car. But is it really neccessary to go as far as putting M emblems, M vents and M body panels when the car is not really an actual M? Its almost no different then having a replica Ferrari with a Fiero underpinning underneath.

Last edited by WRXXX; 05-17-2013 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #28
RNE90
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Relax, there's nothing wrong with modding your car. But is it really neccessary to go as far as putting M emblems, M vents and M body panels when the car is not really an actual M? Its almost no different then having a replica Ferrari with a Fiero underpinning underneath.
I agree with you i hate when people have non representative badges on their car. even if the car is fully converted it just isnt right. but in the case of this 328 he isnt rocking any M badges or claiming he has an M car. he just converted it in the best way he could

2011 E90 LCI BSM | Eibach | Alufelgen CS7 | AFE | BMS PBX | M-Tech | ACS | Performance Kidney Grills | LUX V3 | H&R
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #29
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG M3 (SOLD), '17 M2

Quote:
I agree with you i hate when people have non representative badges on their car. even if the car is fully converted it just isnt right. but in the case of this 328 he isnt rocking any M badges or claiming he has an M car. he just converted it in the best way he could
I can't really tell from the pics but it looks like he has M emblems on the side vents. And if its not, then parts like the hood with bulge and vents looks pretty similar to an M from far away. At least on an M3 it serves a real purpose to fit on top of the engine and have more air flow. But on a 328i That's like the fake hood scoops you see on mustangs and Impreza's.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with modding the car to make it go faster, stop better, sound better etc... I get it. What I don't get (and I assume most people here) is why make a normal car look faster then it really is?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #30
RNE90
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
I can't really tell from the pics but it looks like he has M emblems on the side vents. And if its not, then parts like the hood with bulge and vents looks pretty similar to an M from far away. At least on an M3 it serves a real purpose to fit on top of the engine and have more air flow. But on a 328i That's like the fake hood scoops you see on mustangs and Impreza's.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with modding the car to make it go faster, stop better, sound better etc... I get it. What I don't get (and I assume most people here) is why make a normal car look faster then it really is?
Yea i see were your coming from personaly i wouldnt change the hood and fenders but to some people to get to that ultimate agressive look thats what they have to do. most of the after market hoods avalible for our cars are fugly as hell.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #31
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Yea i see were your coming from personaly i wouldnt change the hood and fenders but to some people to get to that ultimate agressive look thats what they have to do. most of the after market hoods avalible for our cars are fugly as hell.
Yeah, but when people do that to civics and integras, it's called "rice". How is it any different when you put fake M3 parts on a 328i to make it look like you have an M3?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
You guys are looking at performance instead of aesthetics, and think a person doing this to their car are trying to be posers pretending to have V8's under the hood...which is not the case with everyone.

Its clear that the M3 has the nicest body style. Wider fenders, beautiful side mirrors, front bumper, hood, etc. A person that mods their car with M3 aesthetics is simply valuing the design. They dont stick on an M3 badge and start revving at people on a red light. Its not about pretending to be an M3, its about investing in your car to make it look just how you want.

I had a 328i (pics in my sig), and bought the M3 front bumper, because I loved it with that CF lip. It does not mean I was pretending to own an M3, nor did I ever badge it as an M3. I would have bought the M3 side mirrors as well, but they were too expensive to justify it.

Obiwan's car would not have been that expensive to mod. Ron at Streetxtreme provides the best prices with top service and quality. And since Obiwan is a returning customer, I am sure he got a great deal on installing the body parts. Wrapping the car costs around $1700 at Restyle it. And he saves on paint costs. Its definitely a hell of lot less expensive than buying an M3. And the mods are done gradually when you have cash on hand. So its not a big chunk of money to finance in comparison to buying an M3.

I don't see a problem with aesthetically modding your car to mirror the best looking BMW on the road today.

Anyhow, after I had my fun with the 328i, I wanted some power and bought a used M3. I still miss my 328i though, had lots of fun with it....just decided I wanted more power.
either their prices went up, or somebody i know, is getting scammed.
Appreciate 0