BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

08-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Foolclear
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

$1000 over ED invoice

i have offer this dealer out of my state 1000 over ED invoice on M3 coupe with no options and it came out to be $56,503.

i heard on this forum 1000 over invoice won't have much hassle but i called many dealers and only this one accepted the offer, many didn't even bother calling me back if they will or not.

49,500 ED invoice
1,300 GG
1,000 offer
825 destination
3683 TAX 7%

= 56,503 (out the door) there doesn't have a Document fee? is it because
the TTL i have to do at my state? most dealer charge $399

are they suppose to tax gas guzzler tax? that just don't make sense.

i ask the sales person about the state tax since i don't live in his state, he said that i have to pay the tax there and it will be credited to my state is this correct has anyone brought a car out of state and have any experience with this?

anyone think the price is ok or i can get lower?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
NoSoupForU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 LCI 335i

wait, are you actually going to Munich to pick it up or did u get a dealer to give u 1k over ED invoice for a US delivery?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Foolclear
Enlisted Member
Rep

i am going over to Munich to pick it up and i believe u have to go to Munich to get that ED invoice price otherwise its 53,900 or something like that
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 01:25 AM   #4
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolclear View Post
i have offer this dealer out of my state 1000 over ED invoice on M3 coupe with no options and it came out to be $56,503.

i heard on this forum 1000 over invoice won't have much hassle but i called many dealers and only this one accepted the offer, many didn't even bother calling me back if they will or not.

49,500 ED invoice
1,300 GG
1,000 offer
825 destination
3683 TAX 7%

i ask the sales person about the state tax since i don't live in his state, he said that i have to pay the tax there and it will be credited to my state is this correct has anyone brought a car out of state and have any experience with this?

Gto to this thread http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290096 And ask one of the guys that just ordered one. There was a GG tax in 2009 but I'm not sure there is in 2010. I remember hearing BMW & a couple other manufactures were exempt this year, but didn't pay that much attention since it doesn't apply to me. If there is no tax, don't see how the dealer can keep the $. If there is a tax, then it's already in the #'s

GL

Last edited by Moxie; 09-06-2009 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
dolby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Gto to this thread http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290096 And ask one of the guys that just ordered one. There was a GG tax in 2009 but I'm not sure there is in 2010. I remember hearing BMW & a couple other manufactures were exempt this year, but didn't pay that much attention since it doesn't apply to me. If there is no tax, don't see how the dealer can keep the $. If there is a tax, then it's already in the #'s

GL - Mike
Here s some info on the GG Tax. No mention of 2010 yet.

http://epa.gov/fueleconomy/guzzler/
- 2009 E90 M3 - Jet Blk on Blk mDCT
- 1987 E30 325is - track car conversion in progress
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
NoSoupForU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 LCI 335i

The last I heard you could get ED invoice from these guys
http://www.bmwsonline.com/www.bmwson...Ws_Online.html

Thats the best deal I've seen so far.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

I know ED pretty well. Let me get you straight:

GG tax adds to the final after tax price of you car not before otherwise you pay tax on tax. You probably misunderstood the offer but if not the CA thinks he can play with you in which case don't even bother and go somewhere else.

state tax and title will vary from state to state so there is no general answer. Make sure they know every step.

why is the offer for a bone stock M3 if that's what you want fine otherwise there is no reason not to get the options you want for an ED

You can get ED invoice if you shop around if you know how to be firm and put the numbers down. also what works is if you have one offer and get a counter offer for ED invoice.

Quote:

49,500 ED invoice
1,300 GG
1,000 offer
825 destination
3683 TAX 7%

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
Foolclear
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks for the replies

the only reason i am giving him 1000 over ED invoice is because he's just closer to where i live 1 and a half hour drive to IN.

i was thinking about BMWONLINE.com with david but it would take a few trips and i would have to take days off work.

oh yeah the CA told me that after i did the ED the car will be Sent BACK to the Dealer in which it was Brought from is this true??? I heard from some post that u can send it back to any USA dealer? man if so this CA is trying to bullshit me!

the other options i want are the Sliverstone 2 and the fox Red, i didn't tell the CA because i called a whole bunch of dealer and see who would go for the 1000 over ED invoice. i will add it on when the final price is done.

i'm a noob at putting the Number down and Being firm. LOL
i just tell them straight on the offer and see if they accept, bunch of dealer didn't even call back on the 1000+ ED offer.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
thanks for the replies

the only reason i am giving him 1000 over ED invoice is because he's just closer to where i live 1 and a half hour drive to IN.

i was thinking about BMWONLINE.com with david but it would take a few trips and i would have to take days off work.

oh yeah the CA told me that after i did the ED the car will be Sent BACK to the Dealer in which it was Brought from is this true??? I heard from some post that u can send it back to any USA dealer? man if so this CA is trying to bullshit me!

the other options i want are the Sliverstone 2 and the fox Red, i didn't tell the CA because i called a whole bunch of dealer and see who would go for the 1000 over ED invoice. i will add it on when the final price is done.

i'm a noob at putting the Number down and Being firm. LOL
i just tell them straight on the offer and see if they accept, bunch of dealer didn't even call back on the 1000+ ED offer.
David at BMWONLINE.com can also ship the car to you for a nominal fee and you'd get the car at ED Invoice [you can do everything by E-Mail and FedEx, No Trips required]
BTW, if you took re-delivery at the PCD in Spartanburg, SC (BMW Performance Center), then you could have two phenomenal experiences (ED & PCD), then just drive the car home to IN

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #10
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-BMW View Post
David at BMWONLINE.com can also ship the car to you for a nominal fee and you'd get the car at ED Invoice [you can do everything by E-Mail and FedEx, No Trips required]
BTW, if you took re-delivery at the PCD in Spartanburg, SC (BMW Performance Center), then you could have two phenomenal experiences (ED & PCD), then just drive the car home to IN
What he said! 100% correct-I just got my E92 this way except had to bail on PCD for work reasons.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
DemoDave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Interlagos Blue

Yup. I spoke with Dave at BMW Online and he confirmed "at invoice". I ended elsewhere because the shipping cost was the same as I ended up paying over invoice. So for me it was a wash.

Start with Dave for pricing and go from there.

On the tax thing. I paid tax out of state on another car and CA gave me credit.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
red998
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG '10 6MT

Quote:
Sorry i just want to clarify something.
So u r saying David can get ED invoice price for a car that is delivered here to America without setting foot in germany? or do u mean u get the ED invoice price for a car and u pick it up in germany?

And some are mentioning 1000 over ED invoice- does that mean they are getting 1000 over ED invoice on cars 2010 models that are here in the dealership? or cars that they are ordering for ED experience?

i have 2 offers which are similiar 65K for cars that here already.
that is with gas guzzler tax in it, i think its 800 over invoice.
Probable 1500 deduction if i finance through bmw. What are your thoughts?
i figure i would like to order it but it may take longer...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
gnomedll
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: None yet

Why don't you give him a call ?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:

49,500 ED invoice
1,300 GG
1,000 offer
825 destination
3683 TAX 7%

Pretty good deal IMO, but get the dealer to send you a complete fee breakdown in advance. If you're in TN you're no more than 8 or 9 hours tops from the performance center, so take redelivery there if you can and you can buy the car from any dealer in the country. Otherwise it will need to be picked up at the selling dealer or shipped to you (which will probably eat up much of your savings using BMWsonline).
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #15
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by red998 View Post
Sorry i just want to clarify something.
So u r saying David can get ED invoice price for a car that is delivered here to America without setting foot in germany? or do u mean u get the ED invoice price for a car and u pick it up in germany?

And some are mentioning 1000 over ED invoice- does that mean they are getting 1000 over ED invoice on cars 2010 models that are here in the dealership? or cars that they are ordering for ED experience?

i have 2 offers which are similiar 65K for cars that here already.
that is with gas guzzler tax in it, i think its 800 over invoice.
Probable 1500 deduction if i finance through bmw. What are your thoughts?
i figure i would like to order it but it may take longer...
Recommend you study the ED Wiki at: http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery
Since by your questions you don't seem to understand the Euro Delivery (ED) process; BTW, ED Invoice is even less than US Invoice

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
red998
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Recommend you study the ED Wiki at: http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery
Since by your questions you don't seem to understand the Euro Delivery (ED) process; BTW, ED Invoice is even less than US Invoice
I am aware of how it works. i was trying to make sense of what others are saying as it is not clear. My understanding is u can t get ED pricing on a car that is here stateside. ED pricing, the discount is only valid if u go to Munich and sign the papers. From what i was reading on the forum at times it sounds like people are getting ED invoice pricing on cars that dealers have in stock here.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #17
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am aware of how it works. i was trying to make sense of what others are saying as it is not clear. My understanding is u can t get ED pricing on a car that is here stateside. ED pricing, the discount is only valid if u go to Munich and sign the papers. From what i was reading on the forum at times it sounds like people are getting ED invoice pricing on cars that dealers have in stock here.
ED requires signing the papers in Munich. Where did you see something that confused you about getting ED invoice without doing ED. Someone may have negotiated a below US invoice price on a left over or demo which seemed similar to ED invoice but I honestly can't think of another way you'd get the impression that you can get the ED price without the ED part.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #18
red998
Lieutenant
Rep

My point exactly, from what i have read and from david aviles i understood you can only get that price if u go to munich and sign papers. I guess some must have done a great job negotiating on the price.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #19
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My point exactly, from what i have read and from david aviles i understood you can only get that price if u go to munich and sign papers. I guess some must have done a great job negotiating on the price.
I think you may be missing the point that with ED it's a 2010 car that you ordered to your specifications and if someone is getting a similar price here its on a leftover 09. I don't think anyone is getting over $4k below US invoice on an ordered car or 2010.
Appreciate 0