BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

10-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
couldn't-think-of-a-name
United_States
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy an M3

$63K for an M3

Before tax title and fees does this sound like a good deal for an 09 sedan with DCT, Tech Pkg, Moonroof and Cold Weather Pkg? It would be around 67K after taxes and fees.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
couldn't-think-of-a-name
United_States
Rep

Thanks
I think I may do it this week. I'll keep you updated.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Ronin13
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, RRS Supercharged, S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldn't-think-of-a-name View Post
Before tax title and fees does this sound like a good deal for an 09 sedan with DCT, Tech Pkg, Moonroof and Cold Weather Pkg? It would be around 67K after taxes and fees.
If these are the only options, Edmunds shows invoice at $59,730. It seems like people are doing a little better than 3k over in some markets on 09's. Search around for posts on other members prices.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
couldn't-think-of-a-name
United_States
Rep

Edmunds has it at 61,595 for invoice.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
couldn't-think-of-a-name
United_States
Rep

With Park Distance added
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Ronin13
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, RRS Supercharged, S2K

OK, that sounds better. Maybe there is another option in there like the premium package. Was there any other options besides Park Distance, DCT, Tech Pkg, Moonroof and Cold Weather?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

I would not pay a penny over invoice.... i think it's a buyers market. I know it's a buyers market... I am trying to sell two vehicles and can't sell at crazy reduced prices.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

The E90 DCT is a RARE car. They only made something like 47 E90 DCT's for 2008, so if you can get one, and really want one, jump on it. You should be able to get a little more off. Maybe $1000 over invoice since it's a rare car. Also keep in mind, the special financing will likely end Friday.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
couldn't-think-of-a-name
United_States
Rep

Only made 47?

From what I've seen on Edmunds and KBB as well as the Sticky here with the confidential prices it looks like that is invoice.

Thanks for the help fellas. Please keep posting ideas and thoughts on this. I'd just like to get a rough idea of what everyone thinks.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

If you can get it at invoice, just get it before the end of the special finance/lease deals.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 07:00 AM   #11
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I think you can definitely get invoice. Don't let them talk to you about how 2009s will drop production by 2/3rds and there won't be many / blah / blah. Simply walk in and say you will pay invoice now. If they say anything else, leave a card with your phone number and tell them "call me when you change your mind. Now I am going to go check out a Lotus Exige SC240 that I know I can get at invoice".
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
tzsgti
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldn't-think-of-a-name View Post
Only made 47?

From what I've seen on Edmunds and KBB as well as the Sticky here with the confidential prices it looks like that is invoice.

Thanks for the help fellas. Please keep posting ideas and thoughts on this. I'd just like to get a rough idea of what everyone thinks.

NONONONONONO. Dont listen to him. That was for 2008. There will be plenty of 2009 DCT E90s coming out. I would try for invoice but either way thats not a bad price for a 2009. The real diffrence between a 2008 and 2009 is the money you are saving on the financing.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #13
couldn't-think-of-a-name
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzsgti View Post
NONONONONONO. Dont listen to him. That was for 2008. There will be plenty of 2009 DCT E90s coming out. I would try for invoice but either way thats not a bad price for a 2009. The real diffrence between a 2008 and 2009 is the money you are saving on the financing.
That's what I'm thinking. $67,000 final price with taxes and fees seems like a hell of a deal!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #14
A97Snipe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 Jerez Blk

I think that is a good deal for an 09 with options as outlined. Seems like you are getting roughly $3,500 off MSRP. That was about as much as I could get dealers in Chicago to discount on the 09s for an ordered car. There were a couple that offered to match that amount. But with tax and guzzler, i think it's solid. You can always try to get another dealer to match. but I have also noticed that some dealers in Chicago are really, really a). clueless b). bad. So dont underestimate that part of the equation (i.e. you want a dealer who knows what they are doing when they service the beast)

good luck ...and Just Do IT!
      10-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #15
couldn't-think-of-a-name
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plnwu View Post
I think that is a good deal for an 09 with options as outlined. Seems like you are getting roughly $3,500 off MSRP. That was about as much as I could get dealers in Chicago to discount on the 09s for an ordered car. There were a couple that offered to match that amount. But with tax and guzzler, i think it's solid. You can always try to get another dealer to match. but I have also noticed that some dealers in Chicago are really, really a). clueless b). bad. So dont underestimate that part of the equation (i.e. you want a dealer who knows what they are doing when they service the beast)

good luck ...and Just Do IT!
Thanks and I think I will. I didn't understand what you meant though...Are you saying that dealers matched the $3500 off? And you think the $67K is a solid deal as in an excellent deal? Thanks again for the response. Did you get an M3? If so, what color and options?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #16
A97Snipe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 Jerez Blk

Yes, I personally think $3500 is an excellent deal. That is as low off of MSRP as I got any dealer in Chicago to go (except for the clowns at Westmont where they didnt even realize the car came in Jerez Blk!). Once I had that in hand, I went back to other dealers and one matched, two said no way will they go that low on an ordered car w/the options I wanted.

You'll have others tell you they did better. But remember it depends on options you get. And you can usually always do better if the car is already on the lot than versus an order (the M5 deals I was offered were sort of sick -- no one is buying that car apparently).

And yes...my lovely Sedan apparently hit the shores of Charleston, SC today on the Southern Highway car carrier. Should be at the dealer late next week!
      11-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
scarhead
Rep
Drives: M3

Don't think this is an exceptionally great deal. Sorry. It is a good deal because anything thousands below MSRP for a vehicle such as this is a good deal, but not exceptional. An exceptional deal, as I got and my neighbor got, would be an M3 spec'd as the thread creator mentioned at straight invoice. I purchased a sedan and my neighbor purchased a coupe at invoice. We took the price sheet, presented here as a sticky, and built the car with invoice prices. The dealer and salesman will still make money based on fees. It is possible, think about it. I'm assuming most people here are businessman. Would you rather sell a product and make a small amount of money or not sell a product and make no money? There are dealers in the Chicago area that still have 2007 models with 200 miles on their lot that never sold. I'll quote a general manager at a dealer in the area. "I'm not going to turn away the opportunity to make a few hundred dollars on selling a number of cars rather than a few thousand dollars on one or two cars." Out of respect to this individual I won't say who it was though, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #18
jaay11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Dinan 2

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtom3 View Post
I would not pay a penny over invoice.... i think it's a buyers market. I know it's a buyers market... I am trying to sell two vehicles and can't sell at crazy reduced prices.
+1

Major dealers just reported a HUGE loss for October. They are hurting and will when you walk through the door. Make an offer (Invoice + $500) and walk.....my guess is they'll call you.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #19
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarhead View Post
Don't think this is an exceptionally great deal. Sorry. It is a good deal because anything thousands below MSRP for a vehicle such as this is a good deal, but not exceptional. An exceptional deal, as I got and my neighbor got, would be an M3 spec'd as the thread creator mentioned at straight invoice. I purchased a sedan and my neighbor purchased a coupe at invoice. We took the price sheet, presented here as a sticky, and built the car with invoice prices. The dealer and salesman will still make money based on fees. It is possible, think about it. I'm assuming most people here are businessman. Would you rather sell a product and make a small amount of money or not sell a product and make no money? There are dealers in the Chicago area that still have 2007 models with 200 miles on their lot that never sold. I'll quote a general manager at a dealer in the area. "I'm not going to turn away the opportunity to make a few hundred dollars on selling a number of cars rather than a few thousand dollars on one or two cars." Out of respect to this individual I won't say who it was though, sorry.
I am in the Rockford area just north of the city near WI boarder. I am going to order an 09 in March, it would certainly be helpful of you to give me a heads up on what dealers to seek out and which dealers to avoid. Unfortunately the only dealer in town is Lou Bachrodt and I dont think they have alot of experience moving //M cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #20
Seth_Horwitz
Tired of feather footed //M drivers
Rep
Drives: 330ci, 911 Turbo X50

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarhead View Post

Until this market, that wouldn't be true for M cars, and probably won't be again in the future. Dealers are only given a limited number of M3s, which used to be a bad thing for them, so they wanted to maximize profits on each car as "it's an M3, of course it will sell." They couldn't sell more units at a smaller profit because they couldn't get more units. Right now they happen to have more M3s than they can sell, but this isn't a regular occurrence.
Appreciate 0