BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

EXXEL Distributions

02-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #23
M3Ron
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Sedan-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
+1. My contribution from last fall...

Signes - Did you happen to be in Boulder yesterday? Saw an '08 M3 Coupe (Jerez Black with Black interior) at a shopping center off of Baseline drive.

Car and colors looked fantastic! Can't tell from your pic. if that's the color scheme but yours looks great. I've got a Jerez Black/Fox Red on order. Great to see an M3 out there regardless of whose it is!
      02-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Was there this morning but not yesterday (and I have a sedan.) I like my JB/Black combo but think you have gotten the best with JzB and FR - love the FR interior. I had cinnamon on my E46 and REALLY miss it. Looking forward to seeing the new ride.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #25
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Sounds like a plan, I'll join RM BMW CCA.

Car is "being transported to port of exit." Hope it isn't too long a wait for a ship!

It seems like the RM ranks are swelling. Will make for some fun drives.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

DCStep - Nice ride! Look forward to seeing it live. Great color combo.

M3Ron - just curious, how was Murray on your order? I've had great experience with them for service, but last 2 car purchases, they weren't interested in dealing at all.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #27
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoCane View Post
DCStep - Nice ride! Look forward to seeing it live. Great color combo..
Thanks. One of my partners, in St. Louis, has the JB/black with sunroof, etc. almost exactly like your car.

I'm from the "wide right" school, so it'll be extra fun getting together at some RMBMWCC events. I spent a lot of time on the field at the old Orange Bowl, playing football in highschool and with the band in college. It's a great place, at least when the 'Cane's fans aren't throwing stuff at you.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #28
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Take it your partner likes his choice?

"Wide Right", oh no! LOLOLOL. It's funny, a little over 3 years ago I went to work for a FL-based firm, so there are a lot of 'Noles, Gators, and 'Canes. But around here, I say I went to UM and people say, "Really, Michigan?" I still go to games, but the Canes are a far cry from the dominating years.

Yeah, we'll have fun jawing at events, between the cars and the schools, plenty to talk about.

CHRIS

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Yes, my partner loves his Jerez Black M3. He's got the carbon-look leather trim, like have on mine. I'm curious to see your lighter trim and thinking that it might be a nice relief from the all-black scheme. My Silverstone II silver is a really unique shade of silver that I'm enjoying a lot.

I probably couldn't work in FL again. The Canes/Noles/Gators infighting seems to have escalated exponentially since I last worked there in the 1970s. When I go back to Jacksonville once or twice per year at least half my extended family has something ugly to say. Of course, my wife doesn't help because she'll jump on a gator at the drop of a hat. (She's more accepting of Canes for some reason). I try to avoid talking about religion, politics and State of Florida football.

See you around.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
M3Ron
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Sedan-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoCane View Post
DCStep - Nice ride! Look forward to seeing it live. Great color combo.

M3Ron - just curious, how was Murray on your order? I've had great experience with them for service, but last 2 car purchases, they weren't interested in dealing at all.
Surprisingly, I found the other dealers in Colorado to be somewhat difficult to deal with. I really (probably naively) expected to be welcomed with open arms walking in to buy a car since the statistics show car sales are plummeting. I did not have unrealistic expectations on pricing.

Two of them gave quotes that were non-negotiable ($2k off of MSRP - way high compared to what others are purchasing the car for nationally) and seemed to be living in the past as if they (still) had a hot commodity. Seemed rather odd to me since I didn't see many people in their shops looking to purchase cars and the '08's were not moving at all. Each time I went back, the same '08's were still there despite some massive discounting.

Truth is, they were really looking to move their '08's and really had no interest in custom ordering an '09 despite the fact they would make a profit (albeit, less than the $5k they were making in their heyday). I have nothing bad to say about them, just somewhat disappointed and surprised by their lack of interest in the sale.

That said, it was quickly apparent that Murray was easily the best to work with, was the most realistic regarding current economic conditions and was very eager for the sale. It was an easy decision for me and I would highly recommend them. My salesman is Richard Schutt, their internet/fleet sales manager, and he is fantastic. Also got to talk the deal over with the owner. Both were very personable and easy to work with. I highly recommend Murray.

Happy shopping!

Ron
      02-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #31
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

My experience was that Murray was a little delusional about both the trade and discount on the new car. I liked the guy I dealt with (Meddie) but they were $5500 lower on my trade than Schomp. Yes, $5500 even after pushing it pretty hard. I got about the same discount off of MSRP with Schomp (very close though), so overall I wound up close to $5k better going through Schomp. It was out of my way but a pretty good experience - my sales guy was Van Saukam, very attentive to his customers and a good guy to deal with. Schomp is a volume dealer and you feel it sometimes, but at the end of the day a fair deal which is all you can expect in our market.

Gebhardt still kicks everyone's butt for service.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #32
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Co's is worth a try. Talk to Ed Stussie and tell him that Dave Stephens recommends that you talke with him.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #33
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ron View Post
Surprisingly, I found the other dealers in Colorado to be somewhat difficult to deal with. I really (probably naively) expected to be welcomed with open arms walking in to buy a car since the statistics show car sales are plummeting. I did not have unrealistic expectations on pricing.

...it was quickly apparent that Murray was easily the best to work with, was the most realistic regarding current economic conditions and was very eager for the sale.
Ron
That's very interesting, Ron. That's exactly how I felt, but just the opposite at Murray, twice over 6 years. They seemed that they couldn't care less whether they sold me a car or not, almost like they didn't see me a a real buyer. I do agree with you though, when I met with Richard Schutt, he was very, very nice and candid. Impression: good guy. Just couldn't do anything. When they valued my car, it was laughable, and I had Mannheim auction numbers. On the flip side, Schomp bent over backwards for my car. It was a lease, but they treated it as a trade because it was in such immaculate condition. They were sure they could sell it. Both Schomp and Gephardt were very understanding of economy and eager to sell (Won't bore you with details as to why Schomp got it in the end, but George Tice at Gephardt is a real solid guy). My CA at Schomp is Paul Owens, also stand-up.

Interesting how the dealers all seemed to treat us differently, but ultimately we got the same service, just at different dealers. The bottom line... we all got, or are getting our Ms!!!! Mine is awaiting a ship.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #34
codykerst
The New Guy!
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Space Grey on Black

Space Grey 08 coupe
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #35
codykerst
The New Guy!
Rep

Anybody know of any meets coming up?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #36
Canyon Junkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ron View Post
Signes - Did you happen to be in Boulder yesterday? Saw an '08 M3 Coupe (Jerez Black with Black interior) at a shopping center off of Baseline drive.

Car and colors looked fantastic! Can't tell from your pic. if that's the color scheme but yours looks great. I've got a Jerez Black/Fox Red on order. Great to see an M3 out there regardless of whose it is!

I live in Boulder and have a JB/Blk sedan. That may have been me. I've only seen a few other new M3s in Boulder. I've seen a Melbourne Red e92 and a couple grey e90s. One of them had a ski rack on it.

Love the picture. I took the M3 up to Snowmass and over Independence last Summer after it was broken-in. Fun road.
      02-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #37
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codykerst View Post
Anybody know of any meets coming up?
None yet but we need to think about it once the weather is better in April/May. I want to do it once the snows are off, doing a run through the mountains on my winter marshmallows wouldn't be fun...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #38
codykerst
The New Guy!
Rep

anybody have snowtires on the 19"s if so how do they do and what kind did you find?
everywhere i call doesn't have any!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #39
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
anybody have snowtires on the 19"s if so how do they do and what kind did you find?
everywhere i call doesn't have any!

Did you try Tire Rack. They had them in early January.

I bought some 18" take-offs because of the broader selection of 18" snow tires, but there were 19" tires avaialble a few weeks ago.

Dave
      02-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #40
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels E46 M3 View Post
09 space gray m3 coupe
Quote:
Space Grey 08 coupe
We're one of you guys at Schomp on Sat at about 2:00p, purple decal on rear glass, right side. I was leaving, driving by and saw the ride, nice!

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #41
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

Hey guys, sparkling graphite E90 here. I've only seen one or two E9xs on the road...
At any rate, it looks like there are enough E9x owners now to do a SIG drive. I'm planning on doing the RMC club drive on May 24th and I'm also organizing a separate drive on June 7th up into the mountains with a number of people that I work with (bunch of gearheads and car guys...). Let me know if anyone is interested in the June drive and I'll send you info on that.

Otherwise there have been the monthly "Coffee and Cars" and "Cars and Coffee" meets down south. There is also a first saturday morning of each month meet in Lafayette (at the coffee shop at 95th and Arapahoe, right by the YMCA) that's up here in the north.

Current: '18 AW Performance Edition m240i
Gone: '15 Mineral Grey m235i || '07 Silver Grey M Coupe || '11 Space Grey 328i XDrive || '08 SparkG M3 || '01 LSB M3 || '01 TiAg 330ci
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #42
ericld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 M3, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels E46 M3 View Post
im located just west of denver....

09 space gray m3 coupe
Do you have a purple sticker of some sort on the side window of your space gray? i saw a car like yours on C-470 a few months back.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #43
ericld
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I am here in Denver, but I'm about to become a non-owner. I've had such a bad service experience, repeated, with Ralph Schomp that I don't want to own the brand anymore.

I could try Murray but schomp is right by my house.

Incidentally the service issues were not on my M3 but rather on my 09 X5 diesel. They cant fix my rocking drivers seat or my auto liftgate. SOOOO annoying. I dropped a few f-bombs in that joint within the last few weeks, for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #44
ericld
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I keep seeing a black coupe in the Glenmoor Parking lot. (golf course, Bellview and University)
Appreciate 0