BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

03-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Pure

New M3 Production Tracking

Hi Guys,

Just was looking for some help. I have ordered my new E92 M3 a few weeks ago, which is the source of much excitement (I am driving the wife nuts already)

After lots of Googling and searching, I have found that the North Americans can track their vehicle all the way thru the process. This includes point of order and allocation, production date, actual production, and shipping. The key information that they need to supply is either a VIN or production number.

I have tried using the bmwusa.com website to track my car, however when I attempt to add a car with my production number I get "Unable to find requested vehicle" which is kinda expected.

There appears to be lots of threads about new vehicle tracking, including the massive sticky thread created by Jason. But nothing really related to Australia.

I know that Australia cars can be tracked once they are built and have been assigned shipping details. But the level of details is minimal compared to the US.

So what I wanna know is can we get details like the North Americans all the way thru the process? I have my production number, but not my VIN - as it’s my understanding that VIN is allocated when the vehicle is built. Which BTW is mid next week.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

just call your dealer
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Greetings! Hey my Aunt and Uncle live in Adelaide! Once your car starts production, it will be issued a vin#. Ask your dealer for it. Once it finishes production and ships out, your dealer will know what ship it's on. There are many shipping websites that can be used to track the ship. 2 words, Be patient! It will drive you nuts tracking it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
just call your dealer
I didnt want to annoy them too much, its been along enough purchasing process with them. But on the other hand, they are getting a crap load of cash out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Greetings! Hey my Aunt and Uncle live in Adelaide! Once your car starts production, it will be issued a vin#. Ask your dealer for it. Once it finishes production and ships out, your dealer will know what ship it's on. There are many shipping websites that can be used to track the ship. 2 words, Be patient! It will drive you nuts tracking it!!
All the cool kids live in Adelaide

I think that my production day is Wednesday next week. I placed order a few weeks ago, and the anticipation is killing me. I have wanted a M3 for so long, and now its finally happening. Its the old case, of I want it now.I have never had to wait this long for a car. With an ETA of late May/early June.

It is interesting that the North American market get the extra production tracking that we dont (Unless I am missing something) And considering how much more we pay here too.

Its gonna be a long 3 months..........
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnooper View Post
It is interesting that the North American market get the extra production tracking that we dont (Unless I am missing something) And considering how much more we pay here too.

Its gonna be a long 3 months..........
BMW don't any sleep over the Australian market. Their main concern is the US market and they will bend-over-backwards to keep them happy.

Harass your sales rep. After all, you're the customer and paying them big $$$. Having said that, ordering and buying the car is the car is the honeymoon, and it's the marriage (ownership and maintenance) that needs to work for you. So start building the relationship with the sales reps and others within the dealership. Even if you screw up they will help.

I have a very good relationship with the dealership and BMW Australia.
      03-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
BMW don't any sleep over the Australian market. Their main concern is the US market and they will bend-over-backwards to keep them happy.

Harass your sales rep. After all, you're the customer and paying them big $$$. Having said that, ordering and buying the car is the car is the honeymoon, and it's the marriage (ownership and maintenance) that needs to work for you. So start building the relationship with the sales reps and others within the dealership. Even if you screw up they will help.

I have a very good relationship with the dealership and BMW Australia.
So went and spoke with the sale rep and also meet the person that does the vehicle ordering and tracking today. Both extermely helpful, and they have already sent the first update. Production booked for Wednesday next week.

They are going to email be updates and they occur.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Nice purchase, what colour and options did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Nice purchase, what colour and options did you go with?
Yeah things got pretty out of control here;

M Drive
M-DCT (so the wife can drive it)
Dynamic Damper Control
Exterior Mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle
Comfort Access System
Black Leather Carbon Structure
Electric sunblind
Seat Heating
High-beam Assist
Adaptive Headlights
Music Interface to Smartphones
Internet Functionality
Competition Package
Novillo Leather - Black
Metallic Paintwork - Space Grey
Individual high end audio

So its pretty loaded. I figure if you are going to do it, may as well get every thing you want.

I wasnt going to pay the extra for the sunroof, as I deletes the carbon fibre roof. The M-DCT was a big cost with a list price of $7,300 inc GST and LCT. But it kinda makes sense for me to have it.

They are got a M3 Pure II on the showroom that I went and had a "play" in yesterday. It so good to reconfirm that I ordered the right thing. Now I just got wait for it to get here.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yeah things got pretty out of control here;

M Drive
M-DCT (so the wife can drive it)
Dynamic Damper Control
Exterior Mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle
Comfort Access System
Black Leather Carbon Structure
Electric sunblind
Seat Heating
High-beam Assist
Adaptive Headlights
Music Interface to Smartphones
Internet Functionality
Competition Package
Novillo Leather - Black
Metallic Paintwork - Space Grey
Individual high end audio

So its pretty loaded. I figure if you are going to do it, may as well get every thing you want.

I wasnt going to pay the extra for the sunroof, as I deletes the carbon fibre roof. The M-DCT was a big cost with a list price of $7,300 inc GST and LCT. But it kinda makes sense for me to have it.

They are got a M3 Pure II on the showroom that I went and had a "play" in yesterday. It so good to reconfirm that I ordered the right thing. Now I just got wait for it to get here.
I'm surprised you ordered space grey, the M's look more sedate in SG more of a gentlemans express in my opinion.

Just curious regarding the internet functionality option, have you actually used it? I do believe some owners on here had purchased their cars with it yet it wouldn't work in australia?

I agree regarding the sunroof, the cf roof is really sensational it looks so much better with it! I also love the carbon leather, definately my favourite trim
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
I'm surprised you ordered space grey, the M's look more sedate in SG more of a gentlemans express in my opinion.

Just curious regarding the internet functionality option, have you actually used it? I do believe some owners on here had purchased their cars with it yet it wouldn't work in australia?

I agree regarding the sunroof, the cf roof is really sensational it looks so much better with it! I also love the carbon leather, definately my favourite trim
I not really one for standing out in a crowd. So the space grey made sense. My last 3 cars have been blue and I wanted a change, 2 cars before that where white, I don't like red, and black is way too hard to keep clean.

Actually the white was the only one I considered. I reckon the grey shows the lines and curves better.

As far as the Internet, haven't played with it, but its Bluetooth via my phone so should be ok. And it's not the end of the world if its not. Its a $200 item. So from a percentage point of view it bugger all
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
matts325i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Carrera S

Another Adelaide order here. I ordered LM Blue for mine. DCT, novillo, metallic paint. So not too many options for me but i have plans for the brakes and suspension, if I could have got a good deal on EDC probably would have taken it but alas no.

I went with blue because I've had so many grey beemers and needed a change, although I do love SG I had an e92 325i in SG in 2007! My 1m was white but that colour never really excited me.

I've ordered a few BM's (most recently an F30 328) and had to follow all of them, I'll dig up and PM you the sites you can use to track your car, but you will need the VIN from your sales person, and in Aus we can't track it through production but they can.

Hate to say it but the Internet is too clunky to be all that useful, I had it in the 1m and didn't order it this time.

Sounds like our cars will be arriving at Adelaide Motors around the same time.

Cheers

Quote:
I not really one for standing out in a crowd. So the space grey made sense. My last 3 cars have been blue and I wanted a change, 2 cars before that where white, I don't like red, and black is way too hard to keep clean.

Actually the white was the only one I considered. I reckon the grey shows the lines and curves better.

As far as the Internet, haven't played with it, but its Bluetooth via my phone so should be ok. And it's not the end of the world if its not. Its a $200 item. So from a percentage point of view it bugger all
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hey guys, Sydney order here.

My dealer gave me reference number that I could put into the shipping company website. This gave me the approximate shipping schedule and a ship name.

I then put the name into http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and i can see exactly where its at.

Running two days behind but due to land in Sydney on the 9th of April so getting very excited. It was built mid Feb BTW.

Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_M View Post

My dealer gave me reference number that I could put into the shipping company website. This gave me the approximate shipping schedule and a ship name.

I then put the name into http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and i can see exactly where its at.

Running two days behind but due to land in Sydney on the 9th of April so getting very excited. It was built mid Feb BTW.

Congrats on the car!
It is an understatement to say that the excitement is building ha! Good on you guys and enjoy the car. If this is your first /// cars you will love the focus, handling and the control ... and the confidence you get through driving such a machine. Welcome to the /// family
      03-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
It is an understatement to say that the excitement is building ha! Good on you guys and enjoy the car. If this is your first /// cars you will love the focus, handling and the control ... and the confidence you get through driving such a machine. Welcome to the /// family
First M car for me and the excitment is out of control. Its even effecting my sleep. I wake up thinking about it. I wish that was a joke, but its not.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I'm coming from an e39 and e60 M5 however this is my first M/// I have bought new. Very happy to be going back to 6MT after the crap SMG.

I just try not to think too much about it until it arrives otherwise I would probably lose sleep as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Congrats on the car!
Hey Aus_M, just a quick one. Whats the website that you speak of? I have my VIN and Production Number, and the car have been built and is now at status 190.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
matts325i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Hey Aus_M, just a quick one. Whats the website that you speak of? I have my VIN and Production Number, and the car have been built and is now at status 190.

Hey mate, I suspect that he is talking about the W&W Track and Trace link:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customer...LaunchPage.htm

Once your car has been assigned to a ship you can enter your VIN into the Cargo ID. Mine isn't showing up yet. I suspect we'll see it allocated in the next few days.

Cheers,
M
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts325i View Post
Hey mate, I suspect that he is talking about the W&W Track and Trace link:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customer...LaunchPage.htm

Once your car has been assigned to a ship you can enter your VIN into the Cargo ID. Mine isn't showing up yet. I suspect we'll see it allocated in the next few days.

Cheers,
M
Hey Matt,

Yeah been watching that too. Mine hasnt turned up either. Spoke with the dealer this morning and still at status 190 - which in on route from the factory to Bremerhaven. Mine hit 190 on the morning Thursday last week. I would think with the Easter break, they should appear at the other end in the next day or so and hopefully get assigned to a ship not long after. According to the schedule, the next ship leaves on Apr-08. Cross fingers both our cars are on that.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #19
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hey Matt,

Yeah been watching that too. Mine hasnt turned up either. Spoke with the dealer this morning and still at status 190 - which in on route from the factory to Bremerhaven. Mine hit 190 on the morning Thursday last week. I would think with the Easter break, they should appear at the other end in the next day or so and hopefully get assigned to a ship not long after. According to the schedule, the next ship leaves on Apr-08. Cross fingers both our cars are on that.
Its turned up. Booked on the MORNING CINDY leaving from ZEEBRUGGE and not BREMERHAVEN,

Anyone know why? according to the site the car is already at the ZEEBRUGGE port.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #20
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I'm coming from an e39 and e60 M5 however this is my first M/// I have bought new. Very happy to be going back to 6MT after the crap SMG.

I just try not to think too much about it until it arrives otherwise I would probably lose sleep as well.
What's your view on your E60 M5?

It has always been a hero car for me, and i would love to upgade my 335i for one!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #21
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm not a massive fan of the e60 M5. I love the engine but the gearbox and weight ruin it for me. After a month or two you do begin to get along with the box more but its more about learning t olive with it than loving it.

For me it just burns a lot of fuel and is a big big car. I feel an M3 gets more more fun with less cost and a better look. Not as nice inside but everything else suits me better.

I would go an M3 over an e60 any day but everyone's different.

On another note my Feb build car has just landed in Aus if people are wondering how long it takes. I guess its time for a thread soon.....
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #22
Active
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMWM235i and 2013 E92 M3

Quote:

Congrats on the car!
Just out of interest which dealer did you purchase the car from? I was out at Rushcutters bay today discussing the soon to arrive Pure Edition
Appreciate 0