BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

09-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC with Eisenmann Sport Review

DonDon has posted a seperate review already but I wanted to post my thoughts as well.

DonDon and I had the Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFCs installed last Friday at their shop in Ambler, PA. What a great bunch of guys. From the time that we got there to the time that we left, they made us feel at home and really took care of us. We were able to watch the system installed and well as get a great tour of their shop. Jeremy was great to deal with and made it all happen for us quick and simple.

I have an 09 E90 with an Eisenmann Sport exhaust, AA Tune, AA Power Pulley, and Macht Schnell Air Filter. The exhaust piece itself is two pieces with the HFC in one section and the Xpipe with resonators as the second peice behind that. All fitment and finish of the pipes themselves as well as the welds are top notch. Comparing them to the OEM really makes you wonder what BMW was thinking in putting a system like that in their M cars.

The install went smoothly and once the car was off the lift, I took it for a quick spin to see how the car ran. WOW....you can instantly feel the increase in power in the car. It is truly amazing. We all look for mods that give us power and this one definitely delivers without a doubt. If I were to start over from the beginning, this would be the first mod that I would do performance wise as it really does deliver at a very reasonable price. The car is so much more powerful all over the rev range. The revs are freerer and quicker to climb as the engine is breathing much better now.

Sound wise it is great. Not that much louder than my Einsenmann Sport alone. When you get on the gas though, the sound is much more aggressive and raw. It is a bit louder, but as a comparison, it is still quiter than a Eisenmann Race in my opinion. For those that are looking for a bit more sound from the Eisenmann Sport, this is the item for you. If you daily drive your car also, this fits your bill.

I have posted a bunch of pics below of the stock system, the Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC combo as well as come install pics of our cars on the lift getting the work done.

Again, my thanks to Jeremy and Jay as well as the whole Fabspeed team for their hospitality on Friday.

I am glad to answer any questions that anyone has.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ben335; 10-21-2009 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Thanks for the review!

I have a Meisterschaft GT and always wanted to free up some power with X-pipe and HFCs but was worried it would get considerably louder. Since it's not too much louder I might follow this as well. Fabspeed makes some great products!
      09-29-2009, 04:07 AM   #3
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Someone needs to pair this up with the Vanguard system and do a review!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
Jeremy@Fabspeed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
If anybody has a Vanguard System and is interested in the Fabspeed HFC please feel free to pm me. If you can post up a video after install to give us feedback and soundclip I will take care of you
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
john@wickedparts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Going round and round

Quote:
Heck yeah. Maybe it should be you sir!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Nice & silver. They will turn into "GOLD" in no time.
      09-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Nice review and photos. We just installed this same setup today at IND. The Fabspeed with the Eisenmann Sport is a perfect combo
      09-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Do you (or for that matter anyone else) have pictures of the intersection between the stock headers and cat pipes? I am wondering if you guys have the stock donut gasket in there (causing a gap between the flanges) or if Fabspeed took it out? I am running with the gasket in place so that is why I ask...
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Im impressed by the quality of Fabspeed X pipe, at least how it looks from pictures.

Btw, that AW M3 is lowww...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
pjrn007
Spook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT SSII

Thanks to Ilia and Nate at IND. Love the exhaust note...can't decide whether to drive with the windows up or down!
      09-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Do you (or for that matter anyone else) have pictures of the intersection between the stock headers and cat pipes? I am wondering if you guys have the stock donut gasket in there (causing a gap between the flanges) or if Fabspeed took it out? I am running with the gasket in place so that is why I ask...
See the pics. That is the only that I have of the connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMANYCARS View Post
Nice & silver. They will turn into "GOLD" in no time.
They already turned gold on the drive back to DC from PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
Im impressed by the quality of Fabspeed X pipe, at least how it looks from pictures.

Btw, that AW M3 is lowww...
Yeah, it is low. I took that picture on purpose to show how low it is on the dyno. I laid the camera on the floor to take that pic. He is lowered on KW Clubsports.
Attached Images

09-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed View Post

If anybody has a Vanguard System and is interested in the Fabspeed HFC please feel free to pm me. If you can post up a video after install to give us feedback and soundclip I will take care of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by john@wickedparts View Post
Heck yeah. Maybe it should be you sir!
Please gentlemen don't make me pull out my wallet, my wife will kill me. Very soon, if not extremely soon I will pick both these up w/ a tune. Just picked up another set of aftermarket wheels and my Ericsson bumper. But yes, the Vanguard w/ Fabspeed is my ideal setup to replace my Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #13
Jeremy@Fabspeed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Please gentlemen don't make me pull out my wallet, my wife will kill me. Very soon, if not extremely soon I will pick both these up w/ a tune. Just picked up another set of aftermarket wheels and my Ericsson bumper. But yes, the Vanguard w/ Fabspeed is my ideal setup to replace my Eisenmann.
Whenever you are ready to go just say the majic word! I will definately take care of you.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #14
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Quote:
If anything get the Fabspeed HFC and X Pipe first. I guarantee you will not be disappointed with the sound or the hp increase. If I had to start modifying my car again this would definitely be the first mod that I would do.
      09-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #15
Shake-N-Bake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW/FR e92 M3

Congrats Ben that looks awesome. Do you happen to have a video up of it yet? I was thinking of going the same route with the Fabspeed X-Pipe, HFCs and Eisenmann Sport exhaust.

Jeremy can you please PM me the price. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #16
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake View Post
Congrats Ben that looks awesome. Do you happen to have a video up of it yet? I was thinking of going the same route with the Fabspeed X-Pipe, HFCs and Eisenmann Sport exhaust.

Jeremy can you please PM me the price. Thanks.
You'll love this mod. Here is a link of my car on the Dyno. Go towards the end of the video and you can see my gray E90.

http://www.fabspeed.com/videos/BMW%2...Dyno%20Run.wmv

Here is DonDon's car taking off. He has an Eisenmann Race.

I will take some clips of the car revving and some of take off and get them up by tonight.
      09-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
umalip
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

hey ben, is it loud in the car when driving, or is there drone? also, while your are driving, highway or city, if you are on the phone, can people hear you or vice versa? do you have to roll up your windows to talk to people on the phone?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by umalip View Post
hey ben, is it loud in the car when driving, or is there drone? also, while your are driving, highway or city, if you are on the phone, can people hear you or vice versa? do you have to roll up your windows to talk to people on the phone?
It is not loud in the car while driving, no drone with the Sport exhaust. The volume only increases while really getting on the gas and then it is limited to the outside. You hear it more with the windows down, but it is still very managable. I just had a conversation on my Bluetooth while driving and had no problems doing so. I always roll up my windows to talk via hands free as it is too noisy with the windows down regardless of any mods due to wind noise.
      09-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
umalip
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

good to know, i was really worried about it just being too loud.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjrn007 View Post
Thanks to Ilia and Nate at IND. Love the exhaust note...can't decide whether to drive with the windows up or down!
DOWN!
      09-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #21
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by umalip View Post
good to know, i was really worried about it just being too loud.
def not too loud. I had to sell my Eis Sport cause it wasn't loud enough with this setup.... although the tone of the two combined really is amazing.
      09-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed View Post
Whenever you are ready to go just say the majic word! I will definately take care of you.
Jeremy did you leave the stock donut gasket between the header and cat in place or was it taken out? Getting the car dynoed this Saturday to compare to my stock run so hope I get some decent numbers.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0