BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-15-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
frankc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 E36 M3/4, 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

FS: Custom Trunk Subwoofer Enclosure for ???

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 50.00

Item Interest
This subwoofer and enclosure were laying in the trunk of my E90 M3 when I purchased it (not connected). I assumed it fit the E90 but I wasn't much interested in it, so I removed it when I got the car home and never touched it again.

So today I'm getting around to posting a few items for sale, and when I got to the sub, I thought it would be good to snap a photo showing how it fits into the left cavity of the trunk (glad I did). I was surprised that it doesn't fit very well at all - it appears to be for another car. Perhaps an E92? Can anyone tell from the photo what chassis this enclosure might be for?

Anyway - I don't know who manufactured the fiberglass enclosure, but the sub is a JL Audio 12W1v2-4. More details on the sub can be found here:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-aSJfs7...-12W1v2-4.html

I'm asking $50 for this thing given its unknown fitment, but shipping would probably get pricey.

Btw, I plugged it into my home audio system and confirmed that the speaker does work.

Thanks for any help on this one.

Attached Images

Last edited by frankc; 03-02-2021 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0