BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #45
mrvedit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Success with test pipes and Alex's tune

I finished installing the Rogue Engineering test pipes (w resonators) and Alex's Stage 2 tune. Total success and I'm very pleased with the results.
Perhaps someone has posted dyno results, but it feels like a good 10-15% increase in torque. Ran it up to 8000 RPM; no codes.
The car even drives smoother at light throttle; I used to have a bit of a surge at very low RPM and that seems to be gone.

I was concerned about the sound with the test pipes and someone's comment that even with resonators it would be raspy, but I don't hear much difference and it is still one of my quieter cars. (The F80 is much louder at all times.)
The rest of the exhaust is stock and see little reason to change it as Cat-back systems rarely improve performance.

I was a bit concerned with the fit of the Rogue test pipes. While the ends go straight back and parallel with the sides of the car, the OEM pipes flare out a bit resulting in a 1 or 2 degree misfit. However the super HD band clamps seem to handle that small angle difference just fine.

Considering that people spend $2000+ on a cat-back exhaust system which might barely improve performance, the $1000 for test pipes and Alex's tune is a very cost effective improvement.

In short, Alex @ Alpine Motorsports has another very satisfied customer.

Thank to everyone who suggested Alex to me in posts and PMs.
2006 Corvette (streetable track car)
1986 535i "24 Hours of Lemons" also streetable
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #46
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

^ Great review, thanks. Would you be able to video some short clips? I'd love to hear a stock setup with just the addition of RE resonated pipes.
Appreciate 0