BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

04-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #23
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Alright guys thanks a ton for the opinions. I'm ordering up a UUC Corsa. Will post before and after videos!
Best bet - PM kitw, our resident exhaust expert, with your specific criteria. He'll give you his top 3 choices. He's had a Corsa, along with his other 20-odd M3 exhaust combinations on his E90, E93, and current E92.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
AE did go on to later to admit there might be a tad bit of drone. From my reading here the only two exhausts that seem to get nearly universal agreement on no drone are the M perf, corsa, and Dinan and only the corsa will fall into his price point.
I actually PM'ed Kit previously about the AE, and he said stay away from it due to excessive drone.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #24
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Thanks Chowster. Confirms my decision!
      04-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #25
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Corsa, no drone
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

corsa sounds sick but is def the ugliest exhaust around
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #27
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
+1. Or buy my Eisenmann Race. Very tame, zero drone.
lolol .. such a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Sweat View Post
I got my Bastuck for $850 used and shipped to me. Tone is the same as stock, but louder. I like it so far.
Very cool, I'll check this out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkboyz68 View Post
Actually the RPi GTC catback exhaust without the xpipe is pretty tame. i had on the RPi GTC catback till my breakin service then added the RPi cat delete/x pipes because it was too quiet.
Awesome feedback, that's what I needed to hear. I'll probably avoid it . I want quiet.. but not stock quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
I would put Corsa high on the list. Not the prettiest but great noise and zero drone. I've got the OEM mod but I did that just as a stop-gap until I decide on an aftermarket one.
Seems a little loud. Anyone else have this installed? It has great sound though.
got OEM mod installed too and love it. no drone. maybe on 6th gear if you try and look for it around 2k range. windows closed you really can't even tell when doing normal driving. I wanted a m perf. exhaust but price wise was just out of range, rather spend that on other things...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #28
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
got OEM mod installed too and love it. no drone. maybe on 6th gear if you try and look for it around 2k range. windows closed you really can't even tell when doing normal driving. I wanted a m perf. exhaust but price wise was just out of range, rather spend that on other things...
I'll be doing this with my stock exhaust once it's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
corsa sounds sick but is def the ugliest exhaust around
Yeah I'll probably just powdercoat the tips. OEM is pretty ugly too so it's not exactly a step down.
      04-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
Pacofong
PAF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 GTS edition

Try miesterschaft GT2 & fabspeed xpipe ! It's give you amazing sound !
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #30
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

kinda liking that milltek sound, and i really like the cost and look. also that it seems to be on the quiet side

anyone have any clips of this with a cat delete or x pipe?
      04-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #31
ailikesiliu
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90m3 997.2gt3rs

I'd say Corsa, or a used eisenmann sport.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #32
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
kinda liking that milltek sound, and i really like the cost and look. also that it seems to be on the quiet side

anyone have any clips of this with a cat delete or x pipe?
id like to hear the oem exhaust mod and catless.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #33
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
id like to hear the oem exhaust mod and catless.
i have the OEM exhaust with TTP and its a rasp machine. cant imagine fully catless and oem muffler will sound good...IMO

I am 99 percent sure I am about to order the milltek and pair with the TTP and see what happens.

the milltek seems very quiet, and i loved the sound and look on the audi s4 and also the e46. hope it sounds good with the TTP

and the tips seem very tucked in on the e92, so hopefully it will fit ok on the e90. if not, i can have a shop slightly shorten the tips if needed.
      04-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

okay kenny keep me posted on this. i have the challenge sport so not fully catless. basically the same set up as you with HFC secondaries. im a little raspy but sounds good on the track.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #35
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
I would pick used Eisenmann Race but they are a little bit out of your price range. It was the best sounding exhaust I've ever own. I would not have switched to Akra Evo if it wasn't because I got tired of droning (I had the exhaust for almost 3 years) Next up will be Remus Race, sound level is close to Eisenmann Race but it has a higher pitch, really nice when you upshift and downshift the car. My friend is selling his Remus at a good price, check it out

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675004
      04-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #36
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
I would pick used Eisenmann Race but they are a little bit out of your price range. It was the best sounding exhaust I've ever own. I would not have switched to Akra Evo if it wasn't because I got tired of droning (I had the exhaust for almost 3 years) Next up will be Remus Race, sound level is close to Eisenmann Race but it has a higher pitch, really nice when you upshift and downshift the car. My friend is selling his Remus at a good price, check it out

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675004
Way too much drone. Too loud for my tastes. Thanks though. Already have a Corsa on order.
      04-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Quote:
No offense to you or your friend but the Remus exhausts are junk. The fitment is terrible and I hate the way they sound. The fitment is objective, but obviously the sound is subjective. I dislike the Eisenmann race too, but liked my Eisenmann Sport a lot.

Sound wise, feel free to disagree, but fitment-wise, hope you have a lift, stands and a decent measure of time to make it fit right. Remember that fitment changes when the exhaust heats up too.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #38
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Jet Black, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw
Quote:
No offense to you or your friend but the Remus exhausts are junk. The fitment is terrible and I hate the way they sound. The fitment is objective, but obviously the sound is subjective. I dislike the Eisenmann race too, but liked my Eisenmann Sport a lot.

Sound wise, feel free to disagree, but fitment-wise, hope you have a lift, stands and a decent measure of time to make it fit right. Remember that fitment changes when the exhaust heats up too.
Junk? Really? I would say its far from "junk" and it falls within OP price range. As far a fit and installation your obviously talking out your ass. I don't know jack about tools and have never even messed with modding a car but I installed this system aided only by a DIY guide from this forum and some basic tools in an hour. The Remus Race system sounds incredible and I'm quite happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #39
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

I have Corsa and could'nt ask for more ,the sound is just amazing with no drone and for people who say it's ugly , they're probably just jealous because it sound better then anything else , it's not as beautiful as the performance exhaust but at least the tips are not too big and cheesy like a lot of exhausts out there and the cans look badass to me ,at the end ,for the price , it's a f***en deal !!

here's a review by an expert
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=corsa
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #40
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Jet Black, ZCP

Remus Race

Name:  IMG_1583.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  176.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #41
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Try looking at Bastuck, looks great, no drone, not too loud.
      05-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #42
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Went with Corsa! Very pleased.

See thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11911630

Last edited by stefan; 05-07-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0