BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

06-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Very interesting 800 HP, 800 tq 2010 Camaro

Yesterday I was bored at work so I googled "2010 Camaro tune". After a few clicks I ended up at vert reputable tuner site (I forgot the name). They offer 4 different tuners to 2010 camaro from 500 hp and 500tq to 800 hp and 800tq plus many other upgrades The pricing will be avalable soon according to the site.

I can not imagine drving a 800hp car. I have to say that I am tempted because I think 2010 Camaro is a very sexy car. With some tune and some minor suspension upgrades I is a vert attractive car.

Any thougths???
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Yesterday I was bored at work so I googled "2010 Camaro tune". After a few clicks I ended up at vert reputable tuner site (I forgot the name). They offer 4 different tuners to 2010 camaro from 500 hp and 500tq to 800 hp and 800tq plus many other upgrades The pricing will be avalable soon according to the site.

I can not imagine drving a 800hp car. I have to say that I am tempted because I think 2010 Camaro is a very sexy car. With some tune and some minor suspension upgrades I is a vert attractive car.

Any thougths???

Nope!
      06-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Jiroj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325xi E90

will never take that around the corner...I don't think it turns very well...
      06-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysE9ty View Post
      06-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

It's an engine that has been tuned/modified for years.. just transplanted in a new body. Not surprised at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysE9ty View Post
No, it's horrible, handles like a sled without rails, a boat in rough seas, blah, blah, blah....

All the while beating the E46 M3 around the ring by a couple seconds and the 335 by 7. Pretty impressive for its size.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysE9ty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
No, it's horrible, handles like a sled without rails, a boat in rough seas, blah, blah, blah....

All the while beating the E46 M3 around the ring by a couple seconds and the 335 by 7. Pretty impressive for its size.
/END BMW FANBOY COMMENTS DUE TO MASSIVE OWNAGE

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
/END BMW FANBOY COMMENTS DUE TO MASSIVE OWNAGE
I agree. The Camaro's ring time is faster than the e36M3 and 7 seconds slower than the e60 M5 which everyone raves about its handling. Also the Camaro weighs more than M5 with less 80 less hp. No too bad at all, IMO. And before the fanboys come with the "7 seconds is a lot" comment ; the CTSV is 13 seconds faster than the M5.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan0102 View Post
hahahaa 800tq? it will be fun to see if anything happens when you put your foot on the pedal with the traction on...
Probably just leave black lines on the street everywhere you go.

I kind of like that idea.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I agree. The Camaro's ring time is faster than the e36M3 and 7 seconds slower than the e60 M5 which everyone raves about its handling. Also the Camaro weighs more than M5 with less 80 less hp. No too bad at all, IMO. And before the fanboys come with the "7 seconds is a lot" comment ; the CTSV is 13 seconds faster than the M5.
It's also much much cheaper to mod the Camaro SS than it is to mod the M5, and with some simple bolt ons, you have an M5 killer.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #11
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
It's also much much cheaper to mod the Camaro SS than it is to mod the M5, and with some simple bolt ons, you have an M5 killer.
LOL... Why are those 2 cars even mentioned in the same sentence..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #12
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post

Any thougths???
ZR1 powered Camaro!
      06-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #13
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I like the look of the new Camaro from the outside. I ordered one before I got the M3 but then I got the M3 and cancelled it because I didn't feel like waiting. I didn't get a chance to actually sit in one until this past weekend and I was EXTREMLY glad I got the M3. That car has one of the worst interior quality I've seen. Its so bad it should be illegal. Its worst then a scion. I didn't expect it to be a luxury quality but that shit is just below average. I knocked on the dash and it was hollow like there wasn't anything behind it no airbag or anything it seemed. I've never done that in anything except my Ford E250 Work van. It literally upset me. And for those smart people that claimed the camaro somehow handles better then an E46 M3 or 335 it isn't it had a better time because it had more power very simple... 93-126hp difference kinda helps. Sorry but power being equal both cars will still rock the Camaro nice try tho.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #14
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

AFter watching Transformers. I've fallen for it, down with Handling! :P

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #15
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

Once again the BMW fan bois chime in about something they have no clue about...

"Oh it handles like a boat, it's a Chevy, nothing compares to the amazing BMW handling, nothing surpases that blue and white badge in anything because my salesman plugged all this into my head"

Camaro SS

Skid Pad: 0.92G
Braking 60-0: 107.8 ft

335i Sport

Skid Pad: 0.88G
BRaking 60-0: 114 ft

And I don't think I should even bring out the stock performance numbers regarding power.

People say the redneck ruined the Camaro for them, well I say the ignorant snob driving a 3 series with the attitude that rivals that of people in Bentleys ruined BMW for me...

Or the fucking Guidos...

The things that come out of these guys mouths are only rivaled by concentrated stupidity.

If there was a car stupid drink it'd be called "BMW Drivers"

Ingredients: "90% Stupidity/Ignorance from concentrate"
gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #16
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post

"Oh it handles like a boat, it's a Chevy, nothing compares to the amazing BMW handling, nothing surpases that blue and white badge in anything because my salesman plugged all this into my head"

Camaro SS

335i Sport

And I don't think I should even bring out the stock performance numbers regarding power.

People say the redneck ruined the Camaro for them, well I say the ignorant snob driving a 3 series with the attitude that rivals that of people in Bentleys ruined BMW for me...

Or the fucking Guidos...

The things that come out of these guys mouths are only rivaled by concentrated stupidity.

Yeah the 3 Series CPO market has really introduced a lot of douchebags who can afford $30,000 cars.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:

Camaro SS

335i Sport

Or the fucking Guidos...

different tires than the run flats on the 335 can make a big difference.
      06-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #18
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender514 View Post
different tires than the run flats on the 335 can make a big difference.
A huge difference as I shall explain below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

You just compared production car times on a course that is over 7 minutes long between a car with 8 year old tire technology and a car with cutting edge top of the line tires that are basically R comps. Good job

Quote:
While yes there are ignorant BMW drivers who mouth off stupid things, you would definitely fall into this category (even though you are not mouthing off in a pro BMW way) as you obviously have no idea what YOU are talking about.

The Camaro SS comes with pirelli P zero tires, 245f/275rs none the less, these ARE the grippiest street tire there is at the moment. And tires make a HUGE difference when talking about skid pad times and lap times.

For the idiots comparing ring times to an e46 m3 with continental sport contact tires (These are considered bargain tires nowadays), you need to use your head a little, the difference in tires alone on a course that is over SEVEN MINUTES long will equate to lap time reductions in the double digit range with no problem at all.

So quit calling the BMW fanbois ignorant when it is in fact yourselves who need to get a clue.
      06-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
O-cha has got some serious points there. Not to mention the overall feel of the car is why a lot of people choose a BMW and you can't really quantify that.

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #20
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post
O-cha has got some serious points there. Not to mention the overall feel of the car is why a lot of people choose a BMW and you can't really quantify that.
I don't think anyone is doing an all out comparison of the e46M3 or M5 and the Camaro, because they are entirely different cars each with their strengths and weaknesses. But its hard to defend the statement that Camaros can't handle at all when its times beat the e46s around the Ring. Sure, its not an Elise, but it handles pretty well for a 4000lbs muscle car. We are all BMW owners here, so there's no need to feel the defend BMWs honor.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #21
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
A huge difference as I shall explain below.

You just compared production car times on a course that is over 7 minutes long between a car with 8 year old tire technology and a car with cutting edge top of the line tires that are basically R comps. Good job

While yes there are ignorant BMW drivers who mouth off stupid things, you would definitely fall into this category (even though you are not mouthing off in a pro BMW way) as you obviously have no idea what YOU are talking about.

The Camaro SS comes with pirelli P zero tires, 245f/275rs none the less, these ARE the grippiest street tire there is at the moment. And tires make a HUGE difference when talking about skid pad times and lap times.

For the idiots comparing ring times to an e46 m3 with continental sport contact tires (These are considered bargain tires nowadays), you need to use your head a little, the difference in tires alone on a course that is over SEVEN MINUTES long will equate to lap time reductions in the double digit range with no problem at all.

So quit calling the BMW fanbois ignorant when it is in fact yourselves who need to get a clue.
Calm down Beavis.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #22
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

I guess everyone is forgetting an VERY important thing : Camaro SS is about $31000. Yes it is not top of the line car as whole but when you factor in the price I think it is one the best cars in the world. If you can spent let's say 8-10K on a Camaro SS (new suspension, upgraded interior, performance upgrade...) then you will have a incredible fast (easly over 550hp) and beatiful car for about $40K. Then compare it to your lovely $45K 328 which can not even keep up with Accord V6...

Any response from BMW fan boys?????
Appreciate 0