BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
EXXEL Distributions
View Poll Results: Who is in the right?
Woman 5 31.25%
Skater 6 37.50%
not clear 1 6.25%
both 0 0%
neither 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-02-2015, 02:52 AM   #1
grimlock
Colonel
560
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Woman vs Skater

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:05 AM   #2
grimlock
Colonel
560
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

the security guard
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:10 AM   #3
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
5684
Rep
4,609
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Wow, she's a cool old lady
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2015, 04:07 AM   #4
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1482
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
the security guard
1st video:

If those skateboard kids were warned not to come here, or has a sign, they are trespassing. Kids will get cited. If the lady was owner of property or manager of property, she has all the rights. (eta: I guess depends on the state law) However, I would've just called the local police quietly.

2nd video:
Security guard is a agent of the property. If they said get out, they gotta get out. If not, they are trespassing.
I've seen idiot law students who got detained by security guard and got cited by police after. It was funny that those kids were saying "I am a law student! I am a law student!"
I've overheard from Cop and security guard that they were planning to notify their Dean as well.
__________________
Beware of Jeff Oliver at Highland Expedition Outfitters (aka HEO or HEOutfitters) located in Cosby TN.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 05:47 AM   #5
ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
ipso_facto's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK, East Midlands

iTrader: (0)

For the first video :

This looks like the front of an office or college block, or possibly some flats. I would be doubtful that the lady is the owner of this property. Acknowledge of course, that she could be the owner of one of the flats - if these are flats.

She is not dressed in a security guard's uniform, so I would be doubtful that she is responsible for the security of this block. I see no security pass, badge or emblem to indicate a position of authority.

What she seems to do, is purposefully body check the skater. She does not warn him that this is what she is going to do. She steps purposefully into his path, fronting her shoulder, to block his way.

The skater then checks on her wellbeing, when she has been knocked to the floor.

After he departs - I think maybe he can see her anger (guess) - she then proceeds with some further aggression on the person filming the skater. She throws some fairly obscene verbal profanity in their direction.

At no point do we hear a retort of verbal abuse, from either the skater or the camera operator.

A 3rd-party feels the need to get engaged, as the camera operator is being attacked by the lady.

The location did not seem to be busy. There was not a high volume of people, in any immediate danger from the skater's actions.

I am uncertain what possible harm the skater could be causing to the steps.

Of course, we do not see a lengthy piece of filming either before, or after the altercation. On the basis of what we see here alone : I believe that the lady was the aggressor and in the wrong.

If she had some form or authority over the property : as already stated : ask them to leave firmly but politely. If this fails, then call the authorities.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
-17
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Running away from an ocean vagina

iTrader: (0)

Woman always right
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
grimlock
Colonel
560
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
1st video:

If those skateboard kids were warned not to come here, or has a sign, they are trespassing. Kids will get cited. If the lady was owner of property or manager of property, she has all the rights. (eta: I guess depends on the state law) However, I would've just called the local police quietly.

2nd video:
Security guard is a agent of the property. If they said get out, they gotta get out. If not, they are trespassing.
I've seen idiot law students who got detained by security guard and got cited by police after. It was funny that those kids were saying "I am a law student! I am a law student!"
I've overheard from Cop and security guard that they were planning to notify their Dean as well.
seems like every home owners corporation has one of these people, who wander around public areas dictating to people their own business..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #8
grimlock
Colonel
560
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto View Post
For the first video :

This looks like the front of an office or college block, or possibly some flats. I would be doubtful that the lady is the owner of this property. Acknowledge of course, that she could be the owner of one of the flats - if these are flats.

She is not dressed in a security guard's uniform, so I would be doubtful that she is responsible for the security of this block. I see no security pass, badge or emblem to indicate a position of authority.

What she seems to do, is purposefully body check the skater. She does not warn him that this is what she is going to do. She steps purposefully into his path, fronting her shoulder, to block his way.

The skater then checks on her wellbeing, when she has been knocked to the floor.

After he departs - I think maybe he can see her anger (guess) - she then proceeds with some further aggression on the person filming the skater. She throws some fairly obscene verbal profanity in their direction.

At no point do we hear a retort of verbal abuse, from either the skater or the camera operator.

A 3rd-party feels the need to get engaged, as the camera operator is being attacked by the lady.

The location did not seem to be busy. There was not a high volume of people, in any immediate danger from the skater's actions.

I am uncertain what possible harm the skater could be causing to the steps.

Of course, we do not see a lengthy piece of filming either before, or after the altercation. On the basis of what we see here alone : I believe that the lady was the aggressor and in the wrong.

If she had some form or authority over the property : as already stated : ask them to leave firmly but politely. If this fails, then call the authorities.
I'm wondering like you whether she is purposely treading into the path of the easy to spot skater - perhaps her intention was to make him alter his course or forcefully acknowledge her presence. It is a wide open are, I highly doubt her destination required her to cross his path.. rather it seemed like she was looking for trouble. Then there's the issue of whether he should be skating there..
I dunno, this kind of stuff seems to happen a lot - pedestrians stepping in front of cars to prove a point.
But it seems like most people believe the lady has a point..

edit: viewed the poll wrong.. ppl think skater is right

Last edited by grimlock; 01-04-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #9
jwzimm
Colonel
jwzimm's Avatar
United_States
609
Rep
2,779
Posts

Drives: '16 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (17)

The issue here also involves the damage that these kids do to the property. He was clearly planning to grind down the railing of those stairs. Have you seen what these kind of things look like after a summer of abuse by these idiots? Then the handrailling can cause injury to those trying to use it as it is supposed to be used. The owner of the property has to spend money to repair this vandalism.

In the second video the lady is also correct. She is trying to explain to these kids why they cannot do that on private property. They don't seem to hear her though and just mock her. It is really frustrating to see this lack of respect for authority and ones elders.

btw, I am 32 and I was a kid once (and not too long ago actually) so I am not just being crotchety.
__________________
2008 Honda S2000 - Current
2016 F80 M3 - SOLD!!
2011 e92 X-Drive Coupe - SOLD!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #10
grimlock
Colonel
560
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Haha, this cop is a riot

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1482
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
seems like every home owners corporation has one of these people, who wander around public areas dictating to people their own business..
Our HOA does. It worked out great. One of the lady found a wanderer with *possibly* has a pepper spray and stun device approaching children in the neighborhood. That lady posted about 20-25 letters on a bullitin and mail boxes.

Well, I am sure if there were wanderer, he would be scared to come back now.
__________________
Beware of Jeff Oliver at Highland Expedition Outfitters (aka HEO or HEOutfitters) located in Cosby TN.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST