BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #45
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.psd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
My point is: why do we as a society care if someone decides to be ejected from their vehicle?

We do in universal care countries because we all pay for the care of the dumbass... in the US, not so much. Or not?
Let’s say you and I get into a head-on collision. I’m wearing a seatbelt. I’m fine. You’re not. You bust through your windshield, through mine, directly into my face. Now I’m annoyed because there’s Canadian all over me. Not in the good way either.

I can’t think of a single other reason why.
LOL not that you wouldn't like being that close to me...

But me thinks that if we collide head-on and I make my way out the windshield straight onto you, you are probably dead and won't care lol
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #46
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Quote:
Curious to see what kind of BS laws you have where you live.

I was thinking about the "nanny state" that more and more is being implemented, punishing parents for educating their kids for example.

Whenever you have MORE state, more BS laws are created.
In Canada, you have to wear a helmet when riding a bike and a seatbelt when driving. It makes sense for the state to control these things since everyone pays for healthcare should you get injured.

I never understood why the US mandates seat belts, for example. Seems like a BS law.

Whatcha got?
Good thread! But what's wrong with mandating seatbelts? Getting ejected is never fun.

But to your point, I think not wearing your seatbelt is a Primary Offense in most states, which is usually used to pull people over to find other (often more serious) offenses.
My point is: why do we as a society care if someone decides to be ejected from their vehicle?

We do in universal care countries because we all pay for the care of the dumbass... in the US, not so much. Or not?
I dunno, I think a lot of people would unnecessarily die if there were no seat belt laws.

In fact, I think that's exactly what happened in the past, and why the law exists.

However, washing mules on the sidewalk? Now that's perfectly safe.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #47
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Curious to see what kind of BS laws you have where you live.

I was thinking about the "nanny state" that more and more is being implemented, punishing parents for educating their kids for example.

Whenever you have MORE state, more BS laws are created.
In Canada, you have to wear a helmet when riding a bike and a seatbelt when driving. It makes sense for the state to control these things since everyone pays for healthcare should you get injured.

I never understood why the US mandates seat belts, for example. Seems like a BS law.

Whatcha got?
Good thread! But what's wrong with mandating seatbelts? Getting ejected is never fun.

But to your point, I think not wearing your seatbelt is a Primary Offense in most states, which is usually used to pull people over to find other (often more serious) offenses.

I dunno, I think a lot of people would unnecessarily die if there were no seat belt laws.

In fact, I think that's exactly what happened in the past, and why the law exists.

However, washing mules on the sidewalk? Now that's perfectly safe.
My contention was exactly that: why does the state have to be a nanny a dictate what you need to do so that you are safe from your own dumbassery? Where does it stop?

I'm glad we don't have that law here, my ass needed cleaning and I washed it on my driveway.

Or is that not the sidewalk?
Or is a mule that different from an ass?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #48
DieselOG
Spaceship Man Bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: DIEsel

Just in case any of you are ever up my way please remember it is illegal to walk from Minnesota to Wisconsin with a duck on your head, local law enforcement will not accept "I didn't know" as an excuse
      10-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #49
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselOG View Post
Just in case any of you are ever up my way please remember it is illegal to walk from Minnesota to Wisconsin with a duck on your head, local law enforcement will not accept "I didn't know" as an excuse
Walking to Wisconsin, and breaking the law!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DieselOG1673.50
________4157.00
      10-19-2018, 11:00 PM   #50
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Where I live the law states that liberals whine when law abiding citizens purchase guns. Wahh
      10-19-2018, 11:07 PM   #51
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Stealing an alligator is punishable by up to ten years in jail... also “fake” wrestling matches are illegal though that law is clearly not enforced as WWE makes regular stops in New Orleans.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #52
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Can't buy gun till 21

Can buy marijuana at 18

Plastic straws are illegal

Clinics hand out free needles.