BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-18-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback

The fear of a trade war is finally hitting Wall Street...

It took a lot to convince them that Trump would follow through on a trade war with no plan. But they're getting it now.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Dji futures are only 350 down so hold your horses.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer7818.00
Sea-Tac667.50

06-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
TomHudson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Maybe we all need a kick in our complacency, especially Canada.
We need to get all our resources to the international market, despite what all the tree huggers say.
We also need to reduce the taxes we impose on ourselves (Canada) to adjust for the impact of Tariffs.
Appreciate 3
RABAUKE4091.00
MrRoboto730.00
Joekerr1973.00

06-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

not so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
Maybe we all need a kick in our complacency, especially Canada.
We need to get all our resources to the international market, despite what all the tree huggers say.
We also need to reduce the taxes we impose on ourselves (Canada) to adjust for the impact of Tariffs.
This sounds like "Make Canada great again." to me (see "hewers of wood and drawers of water"). In the short term, if Trump screws up NAFTA and the auto sector we're in recession. But we should double down on focusing on the jobs of the future, especially green jobs.
Appreciate 1
Lups10008.50

06-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
This sounds like "Make Canada great again." to me (see "hewers of wood and drawers of water"). In the short term, if Trump screws up NAFTA and the auto sector we're in recession. But we should double down on focusing on the jobs of the future, especially green jobs.
...Canada's always been great
Appreciate 2
Lups10008.50
Sea-Tac667.50

06-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #6
Azn Ninja
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

As long as trade wars doesn't affect the Weed markets I am fine with them bickering over silly things.
      06-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #7
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

well Lups...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Dji futures are only 350 down so hold your horses.
The panic won't really begin until the combination of inflation and reduced output sets in - I'd say August at the earliest.
Appreciate 1
Lups10008.50

06-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #8
Lups
Rep

Quote:
The panic won't really begin until the combination of inflation and reduced output sets in - I'd say August at the earliest.
This won't take so long. Corporate earning season is here and then they do those pesky prognosis.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #9
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

even peskier when it's part of your job Lups...

Quote:
This won't take so long. Corporate earning season is here and then they do those pesky prognosis.
Ask me how I did in 2008. I retired early rather than becoming the point man on strategy in a billion dollar public company.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #10
dmk08
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I thought America was too but apparently at some point it was no longer great. No one can say what "Making America Great Again" really means. I guess it means no more black men in the white house.
Appreciate 3
Lups10008.50
MrRoboto730.00
minn193062.50

06-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #11
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Ask me how I did in 2008. I retired early rather than becoming the point man on strategy in a billion dollar public company.
How did you do in 2008?

It's good to hear here from the pro's but in this I would rather follow my estimate than yours since yours is more optimistic than mine.

We'll see in a month or two who's more right, I'd bet on you.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #12
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Bravo pour la Francophonie - vive le Canada et Angela Anaconda et Dudley Do-right !

Name:  Unknown.png
Views: 261
Size:  3.1 KB
Appreciate 1
Lups10008.50

06-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #13
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Bravo pour la Francophonie - vive le Canada et Angela Anaconda et Dudley Do-right !

Attachment 1846494
Don't you dare siding with those hockey cheaters and milk criminals!! I thought you were cool and now you're all kissy kissy with those folks!

Come on man!
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac667.50

06-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #14
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

I'm no pro...

Quote:
How did you do in 2008?

It's good to hear here from the pro's but in this I would rather follow my estimate than yours since yours is more optimistic than mine.

We'll see in a month or two who's more right, I'd bet on you.
Thankfully we were a smaller private multinational at the time. I did get the market right though - I was 95% cash then, I'm 95% cash now. We may agree more than you think. The only hope I see is that Republicans in Congress will grow a spine and bring this narcissistic prick to heel. He is only fomenting this trade war because he can.
Appreciate 2
      06-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #15
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Don't you dare siding with those hockey cheaters and milk criminals!! I thought you were cool and now you're all kissy kissy with those folks!

Come on man!

Hockey cheaters - NEVER!!!
Appreciate 1
Lups10008.50

06-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #16
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Thankfully we were a smaller private multinational at the time. I did get the market right though - I was 95% cash then, I'm 95% cash now. We may agree more than you think. The only hope I see is that Republicans in Congress will grow a spine and bring this narcissistic prick to heel. He is only fomenting this trade war because he can.
They tried, and Corker had a fit on the Senate floor even about growing a spine. They got nothing, and they know it! That's the most beautifully fucked up detail in this all: they ducking know what will happen. I don't know how they're going to spin this on the democrats and canada but that will start soon.

People way more connected than I have estimated that this drop will make the 2008 crisis look like a memory since this time around the political fundamentals are completely fucked too.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #17
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post

Hockey cheaters - NEVER!!!
Oh come on! I'm nice to everyone, even towards white nationalists and fucktards who suppress women but I too need a target for my bigotism!

I love two things in this world: milk, and hockey. Canadians systematically torture milk, so they must cheat in hockey too! If trump can pull off this logic, so can I

Last edited by Lups; 06-19-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac667.50

06-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #18
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

how about Kotkaniemi?

Quote:
Oh come on! I'm nice to everyone, even white nationalists and fucktards who suppress women but I too need a target for my bigotism!

I love two things in this world: milk, and hockey. Canadians systematically torture milk, so they must cheat in hockey too! If trump can pull off this logic, so can I
My beloved Habs may draft him #3 as we're desperate for centers. I'm opposed.
Appreciate 1
Lups10008.50

06-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #19
TomHudson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Not sure what “green jobs” you’re referring to, or how they will build a robust Canadian economy.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #20
Lups
Rep

Quote:
My beloved Habs may draft him #3 as we're desperate for centers. I'm opposed.
I can't claim.to be an expert on him .. I can ask from.People better informed if you want
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 12:44 PM   #21
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

"...Narcissistic prick to heel..." you say !!! ...perhaps true, yes, but the pot should never call the kettle black...

Hell, you guys eat fried beavertail and drink LeBatt Blue, buy your milk in plastic bags, put cheese curds on top of fries, eat poutine and oreilles de crisse, refuse to accept our pennies as currency, torment your children with Angela Anaconda, have, at best, hazy prostitution laws, think you invented superman (no one invented Superman, I tell you) and didn't have a national flag until the mid 1960's?

HA!!

All that said, and contrary to Lups' known hatred for Canadians. I love our Canadian experiment.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #22
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh come on! I'm nice to everyone, even white nationalists and fucktards who suppress women but I too need a target for my bigotism!

Worship the old Gods. Your problems will disappear.
Appreciate 0