BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #8427
redpriest
Colonel
redpriest's Avatar
United_States
1323
Rep
2,162
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4 / 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 BMW M4  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
A lot of online retailers do this for SEO ranking, you can even get an i3 carbon skeleton from ECS online (didn't bother to calculate shipping - lol):



https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/41002925493/

OEM MINI battery (same as used in E46 M3 CSL) is NLA through BMW parts department, the Z4M is a better option anyway for those equipped with iDrive. For those that have single-hump dash, you might be able to find an aftermarket MINI equivalent.
ECS says free shipping and shipped within two days! Lol.
__________________
'06 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT | JRZ RS Pro + Hyperco 650/750 | Epic Tune | Brembo 355mm BBK | too many to list
'11 BMW M3 ZCP DCT | Akra Evolution | MS Intake/pulley | JRZ RS Pro + Hyperco 700/800 | BPM Stage2/DCT tune | Dinan sway bar + monoballs | AP Racing Radi-CAL BBK by Essex | 265/35-18 Maxxis RC-1 on APEX EC-7s
'17 BMW M4 ZCP 6MT - Individual Tanzanite Blue + Opal White Leather
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #8428
M3MPH1S
Captain
M3MPH1S's Avatar
United_States
374
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
ECS says free shipping and shipped within two days! Lol.
E92 Exocet???
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #8429
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant
StripclubDJ's Avatar
United_States
623
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: May 2016
Location: cali

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Brey Krause makes the best stuff IMO.
Word of caution though...I bought the BK seat mount that bolts directly to the floor and it was wayyyyy too low. I'm 5'9" with a (relatively) tall torso and I could barely see over the speedometer hump on the highest setting. Even my friend who's 6' with a more"normally proportioned" (lol) torso still did not have good visibility. I bought the version that mounts to the OEM rails and will be installing it soon, but as far as I can tell it will be significantly taller.
Will you still get to use the power rails

If I tell my wife's short ass I can get power rails she would easily let me buy it lol
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #8430
M3MPH1S
Captain
M3MPH1S's Avatar
United_States
374
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post
Will you still get to use the power rails

If I tell my wife's short ass I can get power rails she would easily let me buy it lol
Yes actually! If you want to do it reversibly/cleanly, you need to order an E30 window switch and the instructions tell you how to hook it up and the actual mounts have a little square cutout to mount the switch in.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #8431
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant
StripclubDJ's Avatar
United_States
623
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: May 2016
Location: cali

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post
Will you still get to use the power rails

If I tell my wife's short ass I can get power rails she would easily let me buy it lol
Yes actually! If you want to do it reversibly/cleanly, you need to order an E30 window switch and the instructions tell you how to hook it up and the actual mounts have a little square cutout to mount the switch in.
Yeah that's what I was looking at
I need to get this

My seat is also sitting on the floor and it's fucking with my emotions
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #8432
Candide13
Captain
Candide13's Avatar
148
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: '11 E90 M3 ZCP 6MT AW/FR
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude357 View Post
Brey-Krause makes Nogaro mounts that mount to the OEM Sliders for the E90. I have all the hardware and am waiting for the seats. So I haven't installed them yet. Do you have a reason to believe they don't work? 'Cause in that case, I have two Nogaro seats for sale :-)
Well, I asked the OP who installed them in his marvelous red E46 about getting these for my E90 and he was a bit skeptical, but I don't remember what the problem was. They are phenomenal looking and functional, you'll be bowled over and grinning ear to ear when you get them! I particularly liked that you can get them in matching leather for your car. Hmm, a Nogaro seat in Fox leather how does that sound?

I guess I was wondering how to order the whole lot that's needed; when I looked at their web page and HMS motorsports (their vendor in the US) I could not see anything specific for the E90.

So I guess I'll check out the Brey-Krause connection.

Edit: I just looked at their web page and they have a lot of bracket options. If you don't mind, could you list exactly what hardware you got for your car? Thanks!

Last edited by Candide13; 02-13-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #8433
macdude357
Captain
macdude357's Avatar
332
Rep
636
Posts

Drives: IB E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candide13 View Post
Well, I asked the OP who installed them in his marvelous red E46 about getting these for my E90 and he was a bit skeptical, but I don't remember what the problem was. They are phenomenal looking and functional, you'll be bowled over and grinning ear to ear when you get them! I particularly liked that you can get them in matching leather for your car. Hmm, a Nogaro seat in Fox leather how does that sound?

I guess I was wondering how to order the whole lot that's needed; when I looked at their web page and HMS motorsports (their vendor in the US) I could not see anything specific for the E90.

So I guess I'll check out the Brey-Krause connection.

Edit: I just looked at their web page and they have a lot of bracket options. If you don't mind, could you list exactly what hardware you got for your car? Thanks!
This is what I got:

Seat mounts for OEM Sliders
https://www.bkauto.com/R_9286_Cobra_...s_p/r-9286.htm

Sub-strap
https://www.bkauto.com/R_9258_Sub_St...m_p/r-9258.htm

OEM Shoulder belt mount

R-9287 (sorry no link. I confirmed the part number from BK and ordered it from ECS Tuning)

Maybe not needed but I also ordered the lap belt mounts for a harness. I did this because I wasn't sure if my Quick Fit Pro bracket would work with the R-9287. I figured when I went to full race seats and harness bar I'd need these anyhow.

https://www.bkauto.com/R_9289_Driver...s_p/r-9289.htm

I'll report back when I get the seats and find out if they actually fit or not. Supposedly the Sparco Ergo just barely fits the E90 and it's 10-15mm wider than the Nogaro at the "wings" and at the base.

I'm hoping that if there is an issue, it just won't go back all the way or will require mounting in the highest position (both of which are fine with me since I'm a tad under 5'-8").

Oh, and I got these switches from Amazon instead of the expensive OEM originals:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 11:52 PM   #8434
roastbeef
Major General
roastbeef's Avatar
United_States
4513
Rep
8,621
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

sort of a dumb question, but after looking at the bk mounts for your powered seats, this popped into my head- if i get their sliding mounts, do i keep the oem sliding, tilt, and height adjustment?
__________________
Instagram; @roastbeefmike
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 11:56 PM   #8435
roastbeef
Major General
roastbeef's Avatar
United_States
4513
Rep
8,621
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
A lot of online retailers do this for SEO ranking, you can even get an i3 carbon skeleton from ECS online (didn't bother to calculate shipping - lol):



https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/41002925493/

OEM MINI battery (same as used in E46 M3 CSL) is NLA through BMW parts department, the Z4M is a better option anyway for those equipped with iDrive. For those that have single-hump dash, you might be able to find an aftermarket MINI equivalent.
thats actually not a terrible start to an unlimited time attack car... floor mount a seat, burn together subframes for the suspension, and mid mount a sti motor like a sand rail.
__________________
Instagram; @roastbeefmike
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 12:01 AM   #8436
macdude357
Captain
macdude357's Avatar
332
Rep
636
Posts

Drives: IB E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
sort of a dumb question, but after looking at the bk mounts for your powered seats, this popped into my head- if i get their sliding mounts, do i keep the oem sliding, tilt, and height adjustment?
It just keeps the ability to slide forward and backwards. No tilt or height adjustment.
Appreciate 1
roastbeef4512.50

      02-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #8437
kayha12
Enlisted Member
kayha12's Avatar
3
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Frederick, MD

iTrader: (1)

Will report back on the BK mounts as well -

Will be installing the direct to floor brackets, sparco circuit 2, scroth 6 pt, and jp marketing's roll bar (standard height, not the high mount where you can slide wheels into the back seat area through the trunk)

I will also need to drive the car to the track and bring wheels with me. I was thinking unbolting the seats is relatively easy, 4 bolts, slide the seat out of the way, throw a few tires back there and bolt the seat back down. Since the harness lap belts clip the bracket, and the crotch belts attach to the sub mount bar, then the shoulder straps are attached to the roll bar
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #8438
bigjae1976
Major General
bigjae1976's Avatar
613
Rep
7,103
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wichita, KS

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
My floor mounts...3/4" thick slabs of aluminum billet. Just need a forstener but to counter sink the bolt holes.

Haven't seen another option that I like better.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2015 F34 328iX GT Glacier Silver
2011 E90 M3 Monte Carlo Blue
2004 E46 M3 Imola Red
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #8439
M3 Number 86
Major General
2702
Rep
5,703
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
My floor mounts...3/4" thick slabs of aluminum billet. Just need a forstener but to counter sink the bolt holes.

Haven't seen another option that I like better.
I'd be fucked if I sat in the seat afterwards and thought too far!
__________________
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #8440
M3MPH1S
Captain
M3MPH1S's Avatar
United_States
374
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (6)

Anyone who's installed the BK seat mounts that re-use the OEM base/sliders or anyone that's just taken the base/sliders off - how the HELL do you get the washer nut off of back left screw to separate the seat from the base? There's literally like 5mm of space between the washer nut and another piece of metal and to top it off, the bottom rail obscures some of that space. I bought some super thin wrenches (~3mm) but still cant really get in there. Any tips??


Wow, ok I'm embarrassed. I've had a damn fixed back in the car so long I forgot about the whole height adjustment thing...
I had the seat bottomed out. All I needed to do was raise it up and that raised the seat up off the frame out of the way of the bolt.

Sometimes I wonder about myself...

Last edited by M3MPH1S; Yesterday at 06:14 PM.
Appreciate 1
jktx174.50

      Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #8441
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant
StripclubDJ's Avatar
United_States
623
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: May 2016
Location: cali

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
Anyone who's installed the BK seat mounts that re-use the OEM base/sliders or anyone that's just taken the base/sliders off - how the HELL do you get the washer nut off of back left screw to separate the seat from the base? There's literally like 5mm of space between the washer nut and another piece of metal and to top it off, the bottom rail obscures some of that space. I bought some super thin wrenches (~3mm) but still cant really get in there. Any tips??


Wow, ok I'm embarrassed. I've had a damn fixed back in the car so long I forgot about the whole height adjustment thing...
I had the seat bottomed out. All I needed to do was raise it up and that raised the seat up off the frame out of the way of the bolt.

Sometimes I wonder about myself...
I was reading down the the first have and was thinking to myself
" I'm bout to serve this guy "


But glad you figured it out ! Lolol
Appreciate 1
M3MPH1S373.50

      Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #8442
macdude357
Captain
macdude357's Avatar
332
Rep
636
Posts

Drives: IB E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
Anyone who's installed the BK seat mounts that re-use the OEM base/sliders or anyone that's just taken the base/sliders off - how the HELL do you get the washer nut off of back left screw to separate the seat from the base? There's literally like 5mm of space between the washer nut and another piece of metal and to top it off, the bottom rail obscures some of that space. I bought some super thin wrenches (~3mm) but still cant really get in there. Any tips??


Wow, ok I'm embarrassed. I've had a damn fixed back in the car so long I forgot about the whole height adjustment thing...
I had the seat bottomed out. All I needed to do was raise it up and that raised the seat up off the frame out of the way of the bolt.

Sometimes I wonder about myself...
Yeah, I keep telling myself, "remember to raise the seats before you take them out". My Cobra's shipped today so hopefully they will be here in time to install them next weekend.
Appreciate 1
roastbeef4512.50

      Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #8443
bigjae1976
Major General
bigjae1976's Avatar
613
Rep
7,103
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wichita, KS

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Where is everyone buying scrubs nowadays? I had a great contact in Milwaukee but he's not answering any more.
__________________
2015 F34 328iX GT Glacier Silver
2011 E90 M3 Monte Carlo Blue
2004 E46 M3 Imola Red
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:44 AM   #8444
Candide13
Captain
Candide13's Avatar
148
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: '11 E90 M3 ZCP 6MT AW/FR
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude357 View Post
This is what I got:

Seat mounts for OEM Sliders
https://www.bkauto.com/R_9286_Cobra_...s_p/r-9286.htm

Sub-strap
https://www.bkauto.com/R_9258_Sub_St...m_p/r-9258.htm

OEM Shoulder belt mount

R-9287 (sorry no link. I confirmed the part number from BK and ordered it from ECS Tuning)

Maybe not needed but I also ordered the lap belt mounts for a harness. I did this because I wasn't sure if my Quick Fit Pro bracket would work with the R-9287. I figured when I went to full race seats and harness bar I'd need these anyhow.

https://www.bkauto.com/R_9289_Driver...s_p/r-9289.htm

I'll report back when I get the seats and find out if they actually fit or not. Supposedly the Sparco Ergo just barely fits the E90 and it's 10-15mm wider than the Nogaro at the "wings" and at the base.

I'm hoping that if there is an issue, it just won't go back all the way or will require mounting in the highest position (both of which are fine with me since I'm a tad under 5'-8").

Oh, and I got these switches from Amazon instead of the expensive OEM originals:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks! Can't wait to see the results in your car!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST