BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

12-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Car damaged, venting

My wife just took the M3 to detailer this morning for a detail package I bought on the internet - was something like 60% off. The detailer seemed trustworthy so I bought it. The car came back, and it it has a deep impression in the upper edge of rear bumper. It is very surgical - can inly be done by driving into a very sharp and completely solid object, like a corner of a concrete column. My wife swears she did not do it, and we do not have anything that could do something like that around - anything my wife or I could possibly back into in the last two weeks has round edges. Also, the the impression seems to be polished out as the edges are mirror-smooth and shiny, as if someone tried to make it invisible. It would actually be invisible, if it was not as deep. The photo shows it large, but it's 1cm long and 3mm deep.

I am thinking now that the detailer did it - why else would they try to polish it out, since it was not the part of the package I purchased...

What do you normally do in such cases? I cannot prove the detailer did it, and I am not 100% sure myself.

I cannot wash the car myself - just have no time. And I often have to trust my car to other people, who apparently couldn't care less. It is just a car, but it is so frustrating.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

WOW....88 views and no one replied

People sure are cold hearted and this joyful time of the year

I'm sorry to hear about this... as this can happen to anyone!

However you can go back and ask them about it?
or try to get an external opinion from a bodyshop which maybe able to fix it for you and then you can present that bill to the detailers?

However, since you are not sure who did it. I would say cut your losses and hassle and just get it fixed from a reputable body shop.

I'll PM you my contact if you are interested, he's the best in the business and many members have used his services!

Cheers,

Have a safe holiday!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

I don't know if there's much to say here except that you shouldn't leave your car with anyone you don't KNOW and TRUST.

But you know that already now bc of this situation.
      12-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
...I cannot prove the detailer did it, and I am not 100% sure myself...
Bottom line is - you don't know how it happened or who did it, so not much you can do. Just get it fixed and next time check your car before AND after you bring you car to any shop/detailer/etc...
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Sorry to hear Max - sounds like it might be tough to suggest the detailer did it. Maybe they saw it and tried to see if they could buff it out for you and it was too deep. You could try Dr. Colorchip or Langka yourself, but a pro will most likely be able to fix it right up.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Yeah, I'm not going to bother with trying to get detailer fix it, since I'm not 100% sure they did it, and it's not that big of a deal. Just kicking myself for wanting to save $100. It's the first damage to this car, not counting some curb rash
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

who is this detailer?
Appreciate 0