BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

12-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #1717
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart View Post
I have a 2016 C7 Z07 and love the car. I figure it will be 2022 or 2023 before a another Corvette C8 will tempt me out of my C7. I refuse to pay the get in price for new cars. I bought my 2016 C7 Z07 in 2018 with 6,450 miles for $68,500. The car stickered for over $112,000 & was still in warranty till 2020. Same story with my 2016 BMW 750 X drive, stickered for over $108,000 and I bought it for $42,000 with less than 20,000 miles. Not that I can't afford it just seems less than bright to pay the get in price.
I'll either be a very rich man or find a car that I'm very confident will never significantly depreciate before I buy a car brand new (M2CS I'm looking at you, just don't have the extra coin at this time). The deals you can get on a car even a few months old with 3-7k on it means that it makes no sense to me to go pay MSRP (or slightly under--or even over if you're in the market for a C8 today).
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 12:57 PM   #1718
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Chevy Corvette Production Halt Extended Until February 16

Quote:
Production delayed, again.

What now seems like an endless stream of production problems for the Chevrolet Corvette C8 will continue for at least one more week. The production halt announced on January 29 and initially planned for just a week will be extended until February 16, the automaker has just confirmed.

GM Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Communications Manager, Rachel Bagshaw, told GM Authority the production of the supercar won’t be restarted at the plant until next Monday. The shutdown is caused by unspecified supply chain issues that are reportedly not related to the global microchip shortage, affecting virtually the entire industry from budget brands to premium marques.

In late January, General Motors announced that “supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams are working closely with our supply base to mitigate any further impact on production.” At the time, the automaker seemed positive it’ll manage the problem quickly and will resume production on Monday, February 8.

The production of the new Corvette hasn’t been running smoothly ever since the C8’s launch in late 2019. An UAW strike first delayed the production start. A few months later, the coronavirus pandemic shut down factories worldwide and delayed the new Corvette’s rollout.

The Corvette C8 is entering the new model year without major changes. Under the hood is the same naturally-aspirated V8 engine and even the price remains unchanged - the 1LT entry-level trim level starts at $59,995, including a $1,095 destination freight charge. Later this year, the Corvette Z06 should finally join the range.
https://www.motor1.com/news/486550/c...uction-halted/
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 04:34 PM   #1719
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
I'll either be a very rich man or find a car that I'm very confident will never significantly depreciate before I buy a car brand new (M2CS I'm looking at you, just don't have the extra coin at this time). The deals you can get on a car even a few months old with 3-7k on it means that it makes no sense to me to go pay MSRP (or slightly under--or even over if you're in the market for a C8 today).
Exactly. I have never bought a new car - ever. This is why. For some being the first owner is worth the extra $. For me it is not. I can't take that kind of hit and not have it take all the fun out of it for me.

I've had a DD and a play car for many decades (sometimes 2 play cars) and I pay less for all of them put together than some pay for a single new one. My buddy just bought a new loaded Denali pickup. It was hard for me to tell him it cost more than everything in my garage put together......... =)
Murf99314114.00
      02-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #1720
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Exactly. I have never bought a new car - ever. This is why. For some being the first owner is worth the extra $. For me it is not. I can't take that kind of hit and not have it take all the fun out of it for me.

I've had a DD and a play car for many decades (sometimes 2 play cars) and I pay less for all of them put together than some pay for a single new one. My buddy just bought a new loaded Denali pickup. It was hard for me to tell him it cost more than everything in my garage put together......... =)
I've seriously had people think I'm rich or something as they're looking at me from a car that cost 10x as much as mine did...thanks to Covid I've all but cut out the DD and just have play cars at this point
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 1
unluky7465.00
      02-09-2021, 11:01 AM   #1721
supra93
Colonel
Rep

New Details About 2022 Chevy Corvette Z06 and Other C8 Variants Emerge

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...1-eray-rumors/

Quote:
Turbochargers, flat-plane cranks, hybrid powertrains, and even a full EV ... here's what's coming, all in one place.

He wasn't my favorite secretary of defense, but Donald Rumsfeld sure could spin a yarn. The exact context escapes me, but I'm still in awe over his "known knowns," "unknown knowns," and "known unknowns." In the American political hogwash jargon lexicon, Rummy's Rumsfeldisms rank up there with Bill Clinton's, "That depends on what the meaning of 'is' is," and Kellyanne Conway's "Alternative facts." I know, no religion or politics at the dinner table. I mention Rumsfeld because when it comes to performance variants of the mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette, we've been dealing with unknown knowns and known unknowns for years now.

However, thanks to an anonymous source—let's call him/her "Deep Burble"—we know a lot more about the upcoming and totally badass Z06. And we have some solid intel on the even more outrageous ZR1. Plus, we have some solid confirmation that all five variants are coming—including a PHEV, a full EV, and the ridiculous Zora.

The point of this article is to lump together everything we know about them all in one spot. How good a source is Deep Burble? They nailed the fact that the 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing would have the supercharged LT4 and a manual.

2022 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
First out the gate will be the Z06. We've been endlessly speculating about exactly what makes the new Z06 for many moons, but now we know: The Corvette Z06 will have a naturally aspirated 5.5-liter flat-plane crank V-8, just like the 1-2 finishing C8.Rs at the Daytona 24. But instead of only 500 hp like the corked-up racecar makes, the street car will produce between 615 and 625 hp. Torque output should be similar to the racecar, at around 480 pound-feet. This means that the C8 Z06 will make less horsepower than the C7 Z06. Get it all out now. We good? Mind you, the 6.2-liter LT4 V-8 needed a supercharger to spit out 650 ponies. The new Z06 mill will make more than 95 percent as much power au natural, and rev like a rabid squirrel all the way to 9,000 rpm. Are you getting Ferrari 458 Speciale vibes? I am. Also, rumor is Chevy benchmarked that very supercar.

The Z06 will also sport (optional) carbon fiber wheels, just like the Ford Shelby GT500 Carbon Pack and Ford GT. This will not be an inexpensive option. If you look at the Shelby's $18,500 Carbon Pack, you get a wing, rear-seat delete, and a carbon dashboard, in addition to the wheels. Most of that money, therefore, pays for the carbon fiber rims. Expect to see (also optional) gigantic carbon-ceramic brake rotors, and some extra sticky flavor of Michelin's world-beating Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. The latest and greatest version of GM's MRC 4.0 (Magnetic Ride Control) will handle damping duties, and the aero will be C8.R-like.

Price? I'm hearing around $80,000, which is obviously too good to be true and close to $10K less expensive than the last Z06. But if the carbon wheels and brakes are in fact options, another $20,000 on top of the C8's $60,000 for essentially the new engine does make some sense. Bottom line: The one you and I will kill to drive will be in the $100,000-plus neighborhood.

2023 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Yes, there's going to be a Corvette ZR1. Chevy will mutate the Z06 into the ZR1 by plumbing two turbochargers into the aforementioned 5.5-liter flat-plane V-8. Horsepower will be in the 825 to 850 range. McLaren's already figured out how to squeeze 804 hp from its flat-plane twin-turbo 4.0-liter V-8 in the Elva. The engine masters at Chevy should have no problem extracting a bit more power than the kids in Woking with an extra liter and a half of displacement to play with. Torque should be ungodly.

Beyond that, we know nothing more about the future ZR1. Price should start in the $120K neighborhood, similar to the C7 ZR1.

2023 Chevrolet Corvette PHEV
There will be a Corvette Hybrid—well, two actually, but let's concentrate on this one. Probably called E-Ray, expect the Hybrid C8 to be an AWD plug-in hybrid (PHEV) with two motors on the front axle, and possibly a third motor pancaked between the dual-clutch transmission and engine. Kiss the frunk goodbye, as that space will be used for the front traction motors and batteries.

What will the engine be? Our source didn't have any new info for us on this one, other than to confirm that it's coming. But our educated bet is that the PHEV will rock the Z06's 5.5-liter NA V-8. Why? The LT1 in the base C8 is a fine old pushrod workhorse, but by the time this PHEV hits dealers, it'll be old. Very old. An engine that's a decade newer will have better engine management software, and we're thinking that would better complement (and future-proof) a modern C8 hybrid. Like, quicker computers and stuff—I'm not a scientician.

But maybe not. We've heard other rumors that the LT1 will stick around, in detuned form. Hey, it's a known quantity, right? It's less likely, but maybe Chevy will go all BMW i8 and stick a V-6 or even an inline-4 behind the driver? We just don't know. Yet.

But as you'll read in a bit, there's good reason to think the hybrid will use the Z06's V-8. As for power, I figure the hybrid will slot in between the Z06 and the ZR1. A total system output of 775 hp feels about right. $100,000 for such a machine makes sense. Would there be room for a less expensive Corvette Hybrid with a non-V8? Oh yes, especially where it snows.

2024 Chevrolet Corvette Electric
Have you heard? General Motors would like to sell totally emissions-free cars by 2035 and be carbon neutral as a corporation by 2040. You can't achieve those goals with big, fat gas-burnin' V-8s, can you? Hence, an all-electric Corvette. Could the electric C8 Corvette be called E-Ray? Yes, it could be—but the important part is, we're sure it's coming, and it's safe to assume that the technology in the C8 Hybrid will be shared with EV. In other words, you use the same motors for the front wheels, and simply power them with a larger battery pack. Price? Probably less than the ZR1 as the C8 EV will use powertrain pieces from other GM electric vehicles. When does it arrive? 2024 is a good guess. All we know for sure is, an EV C8 Corvette is imminent.

2025 Chevrolet Corvette Zora
Woo! Meet Chevy's 1,000+ horsepower hypercar. We've been writing about the 2025 Corvette Zora for years. No, really—since August 2014. The Zora will use the twin-turbo V-8 from the ZR1 and the hybrid system from the hybrid—E-Ray or whatever it ends up being called. If you figure on 850 hp from the gas engine, and 150 hp from the EV components, that gets you right to 1,000 hp. What if each motor produced 150 hp? That would be 1,150 hp. Yes, we're speculating, as Chevy is super tight-lipped about this monster C8.

You can start to see the logic behind what the Corvette team is up to. By having the various power units effectively plug and play/mix and match with each other, you get a cost-benefit that keeps prices down across the range. It makes for some very fun math: Z06 engine + front-wheel motors = Corvette Hybrid. ZR1 engine + front-wheel motors = Zora. Hence the Zora might start at the relatively cheap price of $150,000. That's what Deep Burble's telling us, at any rate.
Appreciate 7
DrFerry6722.50
N54Yankee2706.00
swanson733.00
Vivek.1363.50
David701567.00
      02-10-2021, 02:36 PM   #1722
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

The F82 is one of the top 3 cars I've ever had so I say this with full on respect but the C7Z changed my life... and I've still got plenty of time until a mid-life crisis. Already have a down payment on a C8Z06.

Put an Akra exhaust on it a few weeks ago... gives me ridiculous boners.
Appreciate 4
swanson733.00
DrFerry6722.50
N54Yankee2706.00
      02-10-2021, 03:38 PM   #1723
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Alexander Rossi let it slip on a podcast, expect the Z06 to basically be a C8.R minus the livery. This coming from a good friend who drives for Corvette Racing. High revving NA V8, very track focused.

Last edited by M3_WC; 02-10-2021 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
swanson733.00
DrFerry6722.50
      02-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #1724
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Alexander Rossi let it slip on a podcast, expect the Z06 to basically be a C8.R minus the livery. This coming from a good friend who drives for Corvette Racing. High revving NA V8, very track focused.
I think that's a very reasonable expectation. They started cascading the design hard starting with the C6R.

C6R was pretty close to the C6 Z06, especially at the time but it still had some frame modifications, the later model used a 5.5L engine instead of the LS7, and the typical race mods that you can't expect on a production car.

C7R was even closer to the C7 Z06, biggest difference was the engine remained a 5.5L due to regulations not allowing the LT4. Most of the other (excl. race mods) components were the exact same thing.

This time around the C8 Z06 is going to be based on a ridiculously dominant first season for the C8R. Should be a nearly identical engine without a detune. Functional aero seems to be almost guaranteed - you can even see it on the clay models.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      02-10-2021, 07:43 PM   #1725
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I think that's a very reasonable expectation. They started cascading the design hard starting with the C6R.

C6R was pretty close to the C6 Z06, especially at the time but it still had some frame modifications, the later model used a 5.5L engine instead of the LS7, and the typical race mods that you can't expect on a production car.

C7R was even closer to the C7 Z06, biggest difference was the engine remained a 5.5L due to regulations not allowing the LT4. Most of the other (excl. race mods) components were the exact same thing.

This time around the C8 Z06 is going to be based on a ridiculously dominant first season for the C8R. Should be a nearly identical engine without a detune. Functional aero seems to be almost guaranteed - you can even see it on the clay models.
trouble is the street version weighs a half ton more so the 'de-tune' improvement needs to be 125 + HP
      02-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #1726
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
trouble is the street version weighs a half ton more so the 'de-tune' improvement needs to be 125 + HP
I think that should be pretty likely
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 07:53 PM   #1727
supra93
Colonel
Rep

2022 Chevrolet Corvette Will Allegedly Lose These Three Colors

Quote:
New shades of exterior paint might replace them.
UPDATE: Motor1.com reached out to Chevrolet to confirm these claims about the 2022 Corvette losing some color choices. The company responded:

We notified Chevy dealers that we intend to discontinue a few exterior paint colors on Corvette at the end of 2021 model year. This was done so they could provide accurate information to customers who are interested in ordering a 2021 Corvette so customers can get the color they want while still available. At this time, we are not providing specific details on color options for model year 2022. Those options will be communicated to dealers closer to the time of 2022 model year ordering.

The 2022 Chevrolet Corvette will no longer be available with the Sebring Orange, Shadow Gray, and Zeus Bronze (visible above) exterior colors, according to info obtained by Corvette Blogger. Chevy will replace them with other shades, but we won't find out the identity of these hues until closer to the launch of the new model year.

Buyers can still place an order for a Corvette in Sebring Orange and Zeus Bronze until April 29, according to the Corvette Blogger info. Shadow Gray is available to request through May 27.

More details about the 2022 Corvette's color range might come in July because that is when Chevy is allegedly dropping the first official details about the high-performance Z06 variant. A unique exterior shade for the model wouldn't be a big surprise because a special hue is often a way to make a new version of a car a bit more special.

Even if it doesn't get a unique color, the Z06 should be impressive by allegedly adopting the 5.5-liter V8 from the C8.R race car. With dual overhead camshafts and a flat-plane crankshaft, the redline is reportedly higher than 8,000 rpm. The road-going version of the powerplant could have around 650 hp (485 kW) and 600 lb-ft (814 Nm).

Other than the rumored introduction of the Z06 and possibly some new colors, it's not clear what else Chevy might change about the 2022 Corvette. The tweaks for the 2021 model year included Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat replacing Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat and the addition of Silver Flare Metallic. There were new color stripe options, too. On the inside, the model was available with two-tone Sky Cool Gray and Strike Yellow upholstery.
https://www.motor1.com/news/488990/2...color-changes/
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 04:26 PM   #1728
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Already have a down payment on a C8Z06.

Great move IMO. What other car on the planet comes anywhere close to the C8Z06 specs and bang for the buck ($) - except for the Ultima GTR - which doesn't count due to its impracticality for many.. Please post pics here when you take delivery.

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint

Last edited by DrFerry; 02-20-2021 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      02-19-2021, 06:12 PM   #1729
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post

Great move IMO. What other car on the planet comes anywhere close to the C8Z06 specs and bang for the buck ($) - except for the Ultima GTR - which doesn't count due to its impracticality for many.. Please post pics here when you take delivery.

Might be a while with all the shut downs but I've got #21 at one of the major Corvette dealers in the US so I should hopefully be in the first allocation. Build sheet is expected in June/July.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      02-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #1730
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Put an Akra exhaust on it a few weeks ago... gives me ridiculous boners.
Never thought of that one, probably wouldn't give me a head ache like Viagra..........
NYG10571.50
      02-21-2021, 09:00 AM   #1731
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
Never thought of that one, probably wouldn't give me a head ache like Viagra..........
Only problem is that it's lasting more than four hours.
Appreciate 1
mikado463468.00
      02-21-2021, 12:25 PM   #1732
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only problem is that it's lasting more than four hours.
LOL, it or me !!!
      02-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #1733
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Chevrolet may ditch the C8 Corvette's quirky center console

Quote:
Love it? Hate it? It might be going away

Almost everything about the mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette is positively sublime, but one of its more polarizing features is a high, cockpit-style center console that splits the cabin. It's a distinctive element, and not everybody loves it, but if that's the price of admission for something as great to drive as the C8, we can live with it, but we may not have to for much longer.

Per a story in the April issue of Motor Trend (which comes from MidEngineCorvetteForum.com via The Drive), GM's new head designer, Michael Simcoe, is reportedly not a fan of this component of the C8's interior styling, and it may be going away as soon as the 2023 model year.

The criticism appears to be focused on the controls incorporated into the console, rather than the broader design of that cabin element. The layout of these switches is a bit awkward at first blush, and the sheer quantity of physical controls present is made all the more visually impactful by their linear placement. This execution de-clutters other elements of the interior, but apparently Simcoe isn't satisfied with the final product.

Here's the MT excerpt, as quoted by the forum:

The C8 Corvette’s somewhat fussy styling was already locked and loaded when Michael Simcoe took over at GM Design Chief.

But sources in Detroit say the mid-cycle re-design Simcoe had originally planned for 2025 has been put on the back burner as GM pours money in its electrical vehicle program. However, inside say an interior redesign aimed at among other things fixing the array of button and switches cascading down the buttress on the right side of the center console has survived the bean counters. The redesigned interior will reportedly appear on 2023 C8’s.

In our experience, the button layout hasn't been much of an issue, and some of us have actually liked it and appreciated the unique design. We do see how it's inconvenient for the passenger, with all the controls facing toward the driver and hidden by a tiny wall.
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/25/...rior-redesign/
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 04:50 PM   #1734
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

I dont mind the design or the buttons. I hope to god they dont put every function on a screen like the trendy manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 07:28 PM   #1735
supra93
Colonel
Rep

These Are The Three New Colors Of The 2022 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/02/th...ette-stingray/

Appreciate 1
Vivek.1363.50
      03-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #1736
supra93
Colonel
Rep

2021 Chevrolet Corvette Base Price Will Increase March 1

https://www.motor1.com/news/491012/2...orvette-price/

Quote:
It won't be available under $60,000 anymore.
We knew the C8 Corvette wouldn't stay a sub-$60,000 car forever. As it was, the mid-engine sports car debuted just $5 under the benchmark price point with destination charges included, and the vast majority of buyers didn't choose a no-option base-model 1LT anyway. Still, it was a boasting point for the automaker but that will be changing soon. Very soon.

We have word from the Corvette Action Center website that a $1,000 price increase across all Corvette trim levels will take effect on March 1. Motor1.com confirmed the report with a Chevrolet spokesperson, who told us the following:

"The MSRP of the 2021 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible at all trim levels will increase by $1,000 beginning March 1. Customers who have event code 1100 sold orders and beyond by March 2 will not be impacted by the price increase on the 2021 Corvette Stingray. We monitor and adjust pricing on all our products regularly, and we’re confident the Corvette remains a winning formula of performance and attainability."

$1,000 certainly isn't a big jump, but it does officially take the mid-engine machine beyond the $60,000 barrier. Realistically, it was always just marketing speak and that was backed up by 2020 sales statistics for the C8. 1LT coupes accounted for just 15.9 percent of 2020 Corvette sales, but that doesn't mean those cars were under $60,000 with no additional options. On the other end, the vast majority of buyers jumped straight to the top-tier 3LT model, which had an MSRP over $70,000.

In June 2020, Chevrolet said the Corvette's base price wouldn't increase for 2021, but that was before the full scope of COVID-19 was fully understood. Instead of producing 40,000-plus cars for the first year of production, only half that rolled off the Bowling Green assembly line. Numerous production shutdowns have further plagued the Corvette for 2021, and it's unclear when things might get back to normal. As it stands, another scheduled factory shutdown will run for five days starting March 1, just in time for the price increase.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #1737
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Corvette C8 E-Ray Hybrid Due In 2023, Will Replace Grand Sport: Report

https://www.motor1.com/news/492277/c...e-grand-sport/

Quote:
1,000-horsepower Zora and an EV 'Vette SUV are also in the mix.

We know electrification is in Corvette's future. We've heard all kinds of rumors, found evidence in trademark and patent applications, and we've caught test vehicles that could be concealing electric powertrains. The latest insight comes from SAE.org, and if accurate, it paints a C8 future of gasoline and electric-fueled power.

A little over six months ago, we reported on Chevrolet renewing its trademark for the E-Ray moniker. This has long been the expected name of the first hybrid Corvette, and this new report cites inside sources as saying it will keep the 6.2-liter V8 while adding a pair of electric motors for the front wheels. Combined output will be in the neighborhood of 600 horsepower (447 kilowatts), but perhaps the bigger news is the E-Ray replacing the Grand Sport in Corvette's hierarchy of submodels. We could know as early as 2023, when the E-Ray is said to arrive with a price tag under $100,000.

Looking further ahead, the report validates other chatter we've heard. The Z06 should debut later this year with its high-revving 5.5-liter naturally aspirated V8 making 600 hp, dubbed LT6. In theory, the E-Ray would follow, with the Corvette ZR1 getting a twin-turbocharged version of the Z06 engine, dubbed LT7 and making 850 hp (634 kW). Then in 2025 comes the Corvette Zora, the one 'Vette to rule them all with the LT7 V8 and electric motors fused to deliver a 1,000-hp (746-kW) monster. But wait, there's more.

The report also backs up rumors that Chevrolet might expand the Corvette line with an all-electric SUV. The sporty people mover is allegedly being explored by the automaker with a codename of Project R, but it's apparently not a done deal just yet. We suspect outcry from Corvette purists would be quite similar to that of the Mustang crowd when the Mach-E was announced. That said, we suspect Chevrolet is watching Mach-E sales very closely to see if demand outweighs the controversy of building a four-door, five-seater Corvette.

Of course, Chevrolet can't confirm any of the rumors, but there is some credibility with this SAE report. One thing we can say for certain is this: the near-future for the Corvette is certainly packed with horsepower. And that's never a bad thing.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
jmack548.50
      03-12-2021, 02:45 PM   #1738
supra93
Colonel
Rep

[SPIED] C8 Corvette Z06 Prototype Confirmed Wearing 21-Inch 345/25ZR Rear Tires

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2021...zr-rear-tires/

New C8 Corvette Z06 Will Have Massive 345/25 ZR 21 Rear Tires

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/03/ne...21-rear-tires/