BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

05-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #89
truths2k05
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 6 SPD, 12 135i PPK DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
when you spend 80k and BMW screws up your order, now you know what a good solution is for you.

let's let the OP figure out what's fair to him.BMW needs to make another attempt to make this right for him first before you start judging what he should settle on.
This will be my second euro delivery, so ill put it like this. The fact that you are in Europe far outweighs the color of the car and a different color of thread on the stitching. Put the finest paint and leather interior on a Prius and see if that enhances your driving experience. It's an M3.

The op has solutions, get a refund, get another car, get over it.

First world problems, by the way 80k ain't squat.

To everyone reading, let this be a reminder to ask for a paint sample, when asking for an individual color.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #90
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Wow, that's... sad. I hope you get your car soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #91
truths2k05
Banned
United_States
Rep

It's not like they gave him Phoenix yellow. If they made that slight mistake with me and gave me a few shades off on the paint and the interior was what I asked for but they refunded me 10k for my troubles, I would get over it real quick.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #92
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by truths2k05 View Post
This will be my second euro delivery, so ill put it like this. The fact that you are in Europe far outweighs the color of the car and a different color of thread on the stitching. Put the finest paint and leather interior on a Prius and see if that enhances your driving experience. It's an M3.

The op has solutions, get a refund, get another car, get over it.

To everyone reading, let this be a reminder to ask for a paint sample, when asking for an individual color.
again...the point you are continually missing...is that whatever solution you offer is good for you.

that's fine if you're the wronged party.

but you're not.

there's a difference is offering a solution followed by...." in my opinion, this is a solution that would be fine with me and i would take it...." rather than.."here's what i think is best and this is what you should do...."

you have a hard time making that distinction.

BTW....maybe that's the problem in communication here....you think 80k is "squat".

that's probably why none of this is a big deal to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #93
iamcpap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

lotta assholes on this forum... times, they are a changin'

stick to your guns OP, you get what you paid for... if you wanted an M3 anyone else could have you would have gone and bought one for 65k fully loaded brand new... like i did...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #94
selshahE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW E90 M3

Man some of you on here are complete douches. I mean really how are you not seeing this as a complete screw up and that BMW should cover his whole trip and expenses. I mean after waiting that long for a car to have it be the wrong color and for them to not be able to get you everything you expected because of there own screw up. That's complete BS. He has a right to complain and rant and rave all he wants he has paid the money. When it comes to owning a company as large as BMW, customer service should be the most important thing especially when the OP is purchasing an individual M3 and paying the extra for European delivery. I hope none of you making comments like "suck it up" and "deal with it" or whatever, own your own business because I would never want to deal with you or your customer service! Good luck OP I hope you get everything you deserve!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #95
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

I actually disagree on being willing to accept the incorrect exterior color in this scenario, but I guess that's why they call it Individual... We all have individual tastes and put different values on different things.

OP - can't wait to see pictures of your car once they make it right.

So... who here is going to swoop in and snatch up the Atlantic Blue M3 mistake? I'd wager to guess that it's the only one in existence. Blue stitching! Slightly used!

Last edited by davesaddiction; 05-20-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #96
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It's not like they gave him Phoenix yellow. If they made that slight mistake with me and gave me a few shades off on the paint and the interior was what I asked for but they refunded me 10k for my troubles, I would get over it real quick.
where have you read that they gave the OP 10k fir his troubles?

BMW has done nothing close to that. the point of this thread is what BMW will do, or what the OP hopes that they will do to make this right.

not what you'd accept or what you think is an offer that the OP is turning down....so you can judge him for being consumed by first world problems.

stop coming up with imaginary scenarios where you show the rest of us what solutions you'd graciously accept.

none of this is about you.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #97
OilPatch
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VW TDi & BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 VW Jetta TDI  [0.00]
I have to agree with the OP, get the car the way you ordered it. BMW is a massive corporation so I can see how something like this could slip through the cracks, but it's on them to make it right and hopefully they will.
      05-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #98
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
where have you read that they gave the OP 10k fir his troubles?

BMW has done nothing close to that. the point of this thread is what BMW will do, or what the OP hopes that they will do to make this right.

not what you'd accept or what you think is an offer that the OP is turning down....so you can judge him for being consumed by first world problems.

stop coming up with imaginary scenarios where you show the rest of us what solutions you'd graciously accept.

none of this is about you.

Hey there, so I'm not trying to be mean, but as you mentioned in your last sentence above, this also isn't about you; yet you're written like 18 posts in this. Anyone reading this knows without a doubt that you think: that the OP should get BMW to make the car exactly as ordered and refund selected expenses. What other point are you making? Let's hear from the OP when he receives another answer from BMW or his attorney, right?

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #99
truths2k05
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
again...the point you are continually missing...is that whatever solution you offer is good for you.

that's fine if you're the wronged party.

but you're not.

there's a difference is offering a solution followed by...." in my opinion, this is a solution that would be fine with me and i would take it...." rather than.."here's what i think is best and this is what you should do...."

you have a hard time making that distinction.

BTW....maybe that's the problem in communication here....you think 80k is "squat".

that's probably why none of this is a big deal to you.
Let me break it down to you, regardless of what you may think of what I say.

With this issue there is only three solutions. Get a refund, get a new car, get over it. I am not being insensitive to the fact that he paid 80k cash for the car or 800k for that matter.

All emotions aside let's look at this from a purely business standpoint. BMW is trying to rectify the issue, they provided a loaner and what not. Now the op has to understand that production has come to an end and logistically moving around all other orders in the pipeline may not be feasible at this moment. If this had happened a year ago he wouldn't have anything to worry about. New car, new interior and shipped to him maybe 2 weeks late with a financial insensitive such as an extended warranty. Production end is around the corner, do what you can and move on.

Agonizing over this wont help. If all you see is problems, you won't see the solution either.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #100
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Hey there, so I'm not trying to be mean, but as you mentioned in your last sentence above, this also isn't about you; yet you're written like 18 posts in this. Anyone reading this knows without a doubt that you think: that the OP should get BMW to make the car exactly as ordered and refund selected expenses. What other point are you making? Let's hear from the OP when he receives another answer from BMW or his attorney, right?

- V

that's cool...i'm not taking what you say as mean or anything

you're right it is up to the OP as to what he will or won't do...and what BMW will or won't do....but that doesn't mean that there can't be comments or discussion about it. or that one can disagree or agree with what's being said here.

see, while i may disagree with what some may say on this thread....i won't disagree that they have a right to post it.

and while they have that right....i have every right to criticize them for what they post.

now, i might be a little active in doing that....and i sincerely apologize if that bothers you, but i'll keep on expressing myself when i see, what i believe are bat shit crazy comments about this topic.

Last edited by Hyperjack; 05-20-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #101
Minator
Whatever
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 DCT '09 E92m3 sold

Patience my friend

BMW is just testing you to see if you will fold and take one of their offers that makes life easier for them...they wil make it right...

I would not acccpet less than you contracted for....I would not accept a girly blue/green paint...different interior..swapped interior..ect..

All I can say is that if you made the mistake they would be jamming it down your throat!

Now if they happen to have that stoker motor laying around....
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #102
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
......With this issue there is only three solutions. Get a refund, get a new car, get over it. I am not being insensitive to the fact that he paid 80k cash for the car or 800k for that matter.

All emotions aside let's look at this from a purely business standpoint. BMW is trying to rectify the issue, they provided a loaner and what not. Now the op has to understand that production has come to an end and logistically moving around all other orders in the pipeline may not be feasible at this moment. If this had happened a year ago he wouldn't have anything to worry about. New car, new interior and shipped to him maybe 2 weeks late with a financial insensitive such as an extended warranty. Production end is around the corner, do what you can and move on.........
that may or may not be feasible....you don't know that unless you work for BMW in some capacity that has the authority to say so.

and you're the one who said 80k is "squat"....i believe that's pretty insensitive to the fact.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #103
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Solution refund the 4700 to customer for the paint. Drive to Amsterdam with said 4700 dollars and suffer short term memory loss. Things won't seem so bad after, trust me.
OP paid cash 80k do you think 4700 makes a difference doubt it... he wants the color he ordered directly from factory not taking shit apart or repainting... i didnt pay cash on my M3 finance it and even that 4700 is still not enough to justify it.
      05-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #104
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
i don't care if he did an individual order with pink leather and green stitching, frozen gold paint and gun metal wheels.....BMW agreed to do what the OP wanted for an agreed amount of money....and the OP paid for it.
Sounds amazing!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #105
dmw16
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 ///M3

I can't believe that people are making it seem as though the OP is in any way to blame for this.

First, paint sample may or may not have helped because the order was input correctly and obviously the error was made down the line. Someone probably selected the wrong option from a drop down box. So odds are at least 50/50 he'd have gotten the right paint chip.

Beyond that, it doesn't matter. The onus is on BMW to get these orders right. If I were the OP I had been gutted when I saw that car. Sure, it's an awesome car, but not what he put down $80k in his hard earned cash for. He deserves to get the car he ordered.

If I were the OP I'd probably "settle" for the right exterior color and let the interior go so long as BMW compensated me for troubles. I would think selling him the car for what it costs BMW to make it would be more than fair.

OP, hang tough, be firm but reasonable and I'm sure you'll arrive at a resolution that everyone can live with.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #106
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s
Wow...that is truly a nightmare. I hope it's all resolved to your satisfaction. Good that you have Steve thomas BMW on your side, given the volume of ED's they do and M cars in general you gotta figure they'll be able to make this right.
Agree - you couldn't have a better advocate than ST. Good luck OP.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #107
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcpap View Post
lotta assholes on this forum... times, they are a changin'.
A fine example of your assertion is quoted immediately below:

Quote:
First world problems? So, what are we supposed to be discussing on these BMW forums? Starvation in Africa? And by the way, $80k is a lot of money to a lot of people. Maybe it isn't to you, but saying so makes you sound like a pr1ck, especially in light of the subject of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #108
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
you are so lost. when people pay $10K for a very, very specific paint and a very, very specific interior, they want EXACTLY that. they don't want some other color even if it is $5K less than a normal color. They want exactly what they ordered. money is not the issue. it is getting exactly what you paid for and nothing less.

and if you call that "a few shades", you are color blind or need to do a color calibration on your monitor.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #109
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
you are so lost. when people pay $10K for a very, very specific paint and a very, very specific interior, they want EXACTLY that. they don't want some other color even if it is $5K less than a normal color. They want exactly what they ordered. money is not the issue. it is getting exactly what you paid for and nothing less.

and if you call that "a few shades", you are color blind or need to do a color calibration on your monitor.
The blue in the photo is what I picture an 80 year old woman getting on her Toyota Avalon. The blue he actually wanted is beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #110
highmodulus
Two more till my intervention
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 White/Black 6mt

someone is getting a good deal on a slightly used Atlantic Blue M3. Seeing its US Spec, I imagine priced right a smart dealer will snap it up. Sorry for the OP, you did everything right and someone screwed up.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread