BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

CF front lip + Diffuser

I am about to get a CF front lip (most probably VRS Style), and a rear diffuser. I am still not certain which diffuser to get, but I don't want to spend a large amount on it. What do you guys think would look best on an AW e92? I have the stock trunk spoiler and im not sure if I should go with the long diffusers that cover the whole rear or the shorter ones. Any suggestions for front lip and rear diffusers? Thanks.
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
EAS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: VF620 M3

Here are pictures of the Challenge lip and diffuser on AW M3s, it looks amazing on the car.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Vorsteiner is always a clean option.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Vorsteiner is always a clean option.]
I like the Vorsteiner, I just wish it was a bit more aggressive and would hide my Eisenmann Race mufflers. Could you PM me the price of the diffuser? Thanks.
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

the challenge looks really good GTS looks and clean and aggressive at the same time...

VORS? i would avoid. reason? quality sucks and the Vors style actually fit better and way cheaper... VORS ARE OVER RATED.

i recently just bought the AKRYM front lip cause i like the clean look if i knew i would have taken the challenge front lip cause its what im after but well its too late.

check out other lips before buying

but just a BIG FYI... all aftermarket products SUCKS CAUSE ITS GOING TO BE A HIT OR MISS in regards to FITMENT..

JL motoring: HIT OR MISS (cheap and quality looks to be good or sometimes perfect) again its a HIT OR MISS... BUT THEN AGAIN ITS THE CHEAPEST
(BECAUSE ITS THE CHEAPEST ONE OUT THERE it doesnt mean we drive an M3 people can just charge outrageous price YOU KNOW!!!

AKRYM: HIT OR MISS but most fits really good although i have seen some that dont fit perfect meaning there are gaps between the bumper and the lip (but overall)

VORSTEINER: dont know where to start. i have seen so many cars with vors products and DAMN THIS WAS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN. i know some friends that owns the trunk, wheels rear diffuser and even front, all most of them had problem trying to get them fit properly. OVER RATED
RANK: 6 OUT OF 10 (BECAUSE SHIT IS SO EXPENSIVE AND SHIT DOESNT FIT WELL)

CHALLENGE: HMMM kinda tough cause i have seen one in person and it was flawless but then again i have only seen one person having the front lip below and it was top notch.
RANK I WOULD SAY 8 1/2 since being optimistic that i know one or 2 might not be a hit... I will keep on a look out for this.

TECNOCRAFT: QUALITY again hit or miss, i have the full intake my first impression was WOW, (I FELT THE POWER RIGHT NOW) now in regards to the quality they could do better. fitment is an issue on the intake. but on the front lip again its a hit or miss.

ERICSSON: shit fits like a glove....
RANK; 10 out of 10

OK I KNOW IM MISSING A LOT MORE BUT IM GETTING DZ TYPING ON MY IPHONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
I am about to get a CF front lip (most probably VRS Style), and a rear diffuser. I am still not certain which diffuser to get, but I don't want to spend a large amount on it. What do you guys think would look best on an AW e92? I have the stock trunk spoiler and im not sure if I should go with the long diffusers that cover the whole rear or the shorter ones. Any suggestions for front lip and rear diffusers? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
the challenge looks really good GTS looks and clean and aggressive at the same time...

VORS? i would avoid. reason? quality sucks and the Vors style actually fit better and way cheaper... VORS ARE OVER RATED.

i recently just bought the AKRYM front lip cause i like the clean look if i knew i would have taken the challenge front lip cause its what im after but well its too late.

check out other lips before buying

but just a BIG FYI... all aftermarket products SUCKS CAUSE ITS GOING TO BE A HIT OR MISS in regards to FITMENT..

JL motoring: HIT OR MISS (cheap and quality looks to be good or sometimes perfect) again its a HIT OR MISS... BUT THEN AGAIN ITS THE CHEAPEST
(BECAUSE ITS THE CHEAPEST ONE OUT THERE it doesnt mean we drive an M3 people can just charge outrageous price YOU KNOW!!!

AKRYM: HIT OR MISS but most fits really good although i have seen some that dont fit perfect meaning there are gaps between the bumper and the lip (but overall)

VORSTEINER: dont know where to start. i have seen so many cars with vors products and DAMN THIS WAS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN. i know some friends that owns the trunk, wheels rear diffuser and even front, all most of them had problem trying to get them fit properly. OVER RATED
RANK: 6 OUT OF 10 (BECAUSE SHIT IS SO EXPENSIVE AND SHIT DOESNT FIT WELL)

CHALLENGE: HMMM kinda tough cause i have seen one in person and it was flawless but then again i have only seen one person having the front lip below and it was top notch.
RANK I WOULD SAY 8 1/2 since being optimistic that i know one or 2 might not be a hit... I will keep on a look out for this.

TECNOCRAFT: QUALITY again hit or miss, i have the full intake my first impression was WOW, (I FELT THE POWER RIGHT NOW) now in regards to the quality they could do better. fitment is an issue on the intake. but on the front lip again its a hit or miss.

ERICSSON: shit fits like a glove....
RANK; 10 out of 10

OK I KNOW IM MISSING A LOT MORE BUT IM GETTING DZ TYPING ON MY IPHONE.
Wow thanks for review! nice write up. Yeah, I will probably go with the VRS STYLE front lip since its the least expensive and looks like it gives the most clearance. I want to get a cheap lip because i know it will get damaged and I dont want to be worrying all the time, especially that I'm lowered on Eibachs. As for diffuser i'm leaning towards the VRS STYLE type II.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

im glad you were able to see my post... BEFORE SOMEONE DELETED IT FOR TRASHING SOME COMPANY... ive heard they pay a lot to get this site running

Quote:
Wow thanks for review! nice write up. Yeah, I will probably go with the VRS STYLE front lip since its the least expensive and looks like it gives the most clearance. I want to get a cheap lip because i know it will get damaged and I dont want to be worrying all the time, especially that I'm lowered on Eibachs. As for diffuser i'm leaning towards the VRS STYLE type II.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Sean,

I am pretty surprised to see that review about the VRS Front Add on and Rear Diffuser. Jon recently went down their to tour their manufacturing facility and it's quite impressive to see what these pieces go through for production.

All of their parts are now 100% pre-preg dry vacuum form carbon fiber which products a sturdier and better fitting product. You will notice the lips have clean lines and are solid through and through. I have yet to have a customer complain about the fit and finish of the front add on or Type II rear diffuser, we actually can barely keep stock on them and have had to up our stock based on the popularity.

Vorsteiner does provide a full manufacturer's guarantee on the fit and finish.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Sean,

I am pretty surprised to see that review about the VRS Front Add on and Rear Diffuser. Jon recently went down their to tour their manufacturing facility and it's quite impressive to see what these pieces go through for production.

All of their parts are now 100% pre-preg dry vacuum form carbon fiber which products a sturdier and better fitting product. You will notice the lips have clean lines and are solid through and through. I have yet to have a customer complain about the fit and finish of the front add on or Type II rear diffuser, we actually can barely keep stock on them and have had to up our stock based on the popularity.

Nice! I heard that Vorsteiner moved into a new building. Got any photos from the tour?
      01-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Nice! I heard that Vorsteiner moved into a new building. Got any photos from the tour?
Yep, Jon took a ton of photos of their new building
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

This is just from my own experience and others. I have seen vors front lip rear diffuser even type 2 and the trunk all had to do some modification to make it fit right.

I know a guy that had to trim hes vors trunk cause it wasnt fitting correctly. and i had some guys that the rear diffuser was force to make it fit property. My thing was i just hope they will stand by the product specially selling it more than anyone that can make it better JL company have copied so many companies for those who cant afford the original and fitment seems to be great if not the same maybe sometimes better again its a HIT OR MISS.

not trying to TRASH THEM but i just have seen so many VORS PRODUCTS thats just not working out property and for me its a NO NO specially the parts your buying is worth more than or close to 1k.

HOPE I SEE BETTER FITMENT IN FUTURE PRODUCTS OF VORS AND ONCE I SEE THAT I WILL DEFINATELY BE ORDERING PARTS FROM THEM. I LOVE VORS PRODUCTS ITS JUST HOPE IT WOULD JUST FIT PERFECTLY FOR THE PRICE WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR.

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE HOOD AND I HAVE BEEN DROOLING FOR QUITE SOMETIME. EVEN AT THE LAST OAKLEY MEET NOT SURE WHATS IT CALLED ONE OF THE VORS HOOD HAD IMPERFECTION ON THE FITMENT. BUT HEY I GUESS IM JUST ANAL....

LETS SEE WHAT HAPPEN.

Quote:
Sean,

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Vorsteiner parts are top notch in regards to fit and finish, at least in my personal experience.

There have been a few documented cases in which VRS parts do not fit properly, all of which were taken care of by Vorsteiner (in which they had replaced the part, free of charge, and even reimbursed my customer the shipping and labor charges).

Alternatively, you should check out the ARKYM offerings. They are significantly more cost effective and offers a unique styling option and adds a tad more aggressiveness in comparison to VRS.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you had any other questions or concerns, in regards to ARKYM or VRS.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 06:55 AM   #13
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS View Post
Alternatively, you should check out the ARKYM offerings. They are significantly more cost effective and offers a unique styling option and adds a tad more aggressiveness in comparison to VRS.

A huge +1 on thıs. I dıd lots of research on thıs and was lookıng hard at the Vorsteıner setup...what swayed me ın the end was the prıce. I went wıth the Arkym front lıp and rear dıffuser. I really lıke how aggressıve the rear dıffuser looks on the Arkym.

In the end you really canīt go wrong wıth eıther, ıt ıs all about personal preference...and too be honest, Challenge, Vorsteıner, Arkym, etc all look pretty damn good.

For me ıt comes down to cost wıthout sacrıfıcıng qualıty. I am ın the mılıtary, so Iīm not exactly rackıng ın the money but, my many deployments have allowed me to save up for my dream car...moddıng on the otherhand, wıll requıre a few more trıps to the Mıddle East

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #14
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
You don't have to do them both at the same time. You got some nice stuff already so no need to go for a replica. Do either the front spoiler or the diffuser and for now and save up for the other part.
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
'18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #15
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Vorsteiner is always a clean option.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing clean about a this giant piece of fiberglass stuck on the trunk.
      01-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #16
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sean,

Uhhh.... Their products are just fiberglass with a CF covering. Remember this???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshin02 View Post
u guys might find this interesting...Here is the pics I took of cuttign the lip and spreading it apart....Notice I took a few pics of the fiberglass inside and the fiberglass cloth I have laying around as a raw....The parts are black in the back do to the resin is pigmented (drops of black dye) black so it looks like the whole part is CF, instead. Vorsteiners pieces are basically FIBERGLASS wraped/overyaled in 1 layer of CF.

-Oshin P.

FIBERGLASS Backing

MORE FIBERGLASS backing

FIBERGLASS in the raw

More FIBERGLASS in the raw
From this thread
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183380
      01-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #17
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
A huge +1 on thıs. I dıd lots of research on thıs and was lookıng hard at the Vorsteıner setup...what swayed me ın the end was the prıce. I went wıth the Arkym front lıp and rear dıffuser. I really lıke how aggressıve the rear dıffuser looks on the Arkym.

In the end you really canīt go wrong wıth eıther, ıt ıs all about personal preference...and too be honest, Challenge, Vorsteıner, Arkym, etc all look pretty damn good.

For me ıt comes down to cost wıthout sacrıfıcıng qualıty. I am ın the mılıtary, so Iīm not exactly rackıng ın the money but, my many deployments have allowed me to save up for my dream car...moddıng on the otherhand, wıll requıre a few more trıps to the Mıddle East
Akrym is the one i really want. The only thing stopping me from getting the diffuser is that I heard you need an exhaust with a diameter of 90mm or more to look good. My Eisenmann might look small (83mm). Also Since it overs a large part of the lower bumper, it might look weird if I dont have a CF trunk spoiler to compliment it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseroche View Post
You don't have to do them both at the same time. You got some nice stuff already so no need to go for a replica. Do either the front spoiler or the diffuser and for now and save up for the other part.
I think you're right. I might get a diffuser now, and leave my front bumper lip-less since the roads in Boston suck. Then get a lip before I ship my car to Bahrain. Btw, I was going to ask you, how is driving in bahrain without a front lip? Does it scrape on humps? does it get chipped when you take it a bit offroad (aka. the road to cyprus garden and such roads haha)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I'm sorry, but there is nothing clean about a this giant piece of fiberglass stuck on the trunk.
Haha! I agree that trunk spoiler is ugly..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #18
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
LOL Looks like its been a while since you've been back here since Cypress garden got a proper access road now. I don't have a problem with speed humps and such here because I'm still at stock height. Might not stay like this for long though, thinking about getting some springs.
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #19
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Akrym is the one i really want. The only thing stopping me from getting the diffuser is that I heard you need an exhaust with a diameter of 90mm or more to look good. My Eisenmann might look small (83mm). Also Since it overs a large part of the lower bumper, it might look weird if I dont have a CF trunk spoiler to compliment it.
I have seen the Arkym Dıffuser on a M3 wıth a stock exhaust and IMO ıt dıdnīt look bad. Iīll see ıf I can fınd the pıcture.

EDIT: Here ıs a lınk that shows the Arkym dıffuser wıth the stock exhaust. IMO ıt doesnīt look bad at all, but does look better wıth bıgger tıps. If you have teh Eısenmann ıt wıll look even better. I wıll be runnıng thıs dıffuser wıth my stock exhaust untıl I get my Akropovıc ınstalled (workıng a deal on that bad boy now)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...exhaust&page=4

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT

Last edited by Rshane; 01-29-2011 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #20
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep
Drives: '66 Shelby GT 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Uhhh.... Their products are just fiberglass with a CF covering. Remember this???

From this thread
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183380
wow.

this just made me re-think alot. thx for the heads up
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #21
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey06M5 View Post
wow.

this just made me re-think alot. thx for the heads up
Yep..... It's amazing what these vendors/manufacturers are trying to pass off as carbon fiber for a huge price tag.

If you don't have much experience with CF an interesting thing to do would be to get a hold of one of the BMW performance splitters, pick it up to feel the weight and thickness of the material, pull on it a bit to feel the strength, and take a look at the composition of it and just how the material looks. Then pick of one of these aftermarket "CF" pieces, they are not even similar in look, feel, weight or anything.
      02-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #22
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
^^ Agree on how OEM carbon feels. My ZCP rear spoiler is a work of art and I didn't have the heart to paint it black.
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
Appreciate 0