BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

EXXEL Distributions

12-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
Abdullah.FRZN.M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 Frozen Blue

Shops that will do catalytic converter delete?!

Hey everyone,

So I recently received my Macht Schnell catless xpipe from EAS, and I've been trying to find a place that would install it for me with no luck so far. I live in St. Louis, and I have asked numerous muffler shops, auto repair places, and performance tuners in my area and nobody has said yes. I even had it at one of the tuners here, Franjo Speed, and they had agreed to doing it because they were convinced it was only a secondary cat delete. They lifted the car up, opened the box, and upon realizing that both sets of cats would be coming off they wanted nothing to do with me. I ended up wasting an hour of my day with no new exhaust to show for it.

I know this would be a relatively simple install to DIY, but I don't yet have the tools nor the expertise to trust myself that I would do it right the first time. So I'm here asking all of you to see if there's anyone willing to lend me a hand in any way. If you know of any shops that have done full cat deletes of any kind, please let me know. If you're someone who owns a lift/jackstands and other necessary tools and are willing to put it on for me, please let me know. Otherwise, any advice or information would help a whole lot. I feel like I've run out of options here.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

There's nobody I can recommend around here really. It's a little bit of a bmw tuning desert. You might call bimmers r us they are a dinan dealer so in theory they are "ok" with installin catless xpipes because the dinan X is catless

If it were me (assuming I didn't want to diy this stuff) I would just buy the ESS HFC xpipe. Retains high flow cats so most shops will be cool with it And sounds better than a car with test pipes or catless imo.

I can see their point I would want no part of it either if it were my shop. EPA has been threatening tonand sometimes succeeding in putting aftermarket community members out of business for violating federal Emissions regs recently

Last edited by Richbot; 12-31-2016 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 08:32 AM   #3
Abdullah.FRZN.M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I see. Thanks for the reply.

I really want to take the cats off though, because I will be getting a tune soon that is at its best when the cats are off. What I have done though is continue to talk to Franjo Speed about this, and I have devised a bit of a plan. What I'm going to do is bring the car in on a trailer with no license plates, so from their perspective it will be an "off-road, track only" car. Frank, the guy there, said that if that is the case, they will do it for me. Problem solved. All I need now is probably a U-Haul trailer.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #4
Dr.Mark
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

I would call Jon Eye at Kinetic Motors. Good BMW race guy that now is starting his own shop.
314-814-4408. He is south just outside the city.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #5
Abdullah.FRZN.M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mark View Post
I would call Jon Eye at Kinetic Motors. Good BMW race guy that now is starting his own shop.
314-814-4408. He is south just outside the city.

Saw the FB page. Seems like a reliable shop, I might go there and have a look sometime. Thanks for the recommendation.
Appreciate 0