BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #23
BAMFM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by merakulous View Post
I brought my 2012 M3 Coupe to the BMW dealer last Friday for the Dinan 50% off the ECU and DCT tunes. I really only cared about the DCT but figured while it's there let them also do the ECU. It's supposed to take .5 hours for each. After 3 hours in the waiting room they tell me they had communication problems and couldn't get the computer to talk to my car, but they've fixed that and are now uploading but it may take a while. So they gave me a loaner. I'm expecting to come back later that day for my car. However, they called late in the day to say they couldn't get the DCT tune to load. It would just get stuck at 0% and they eventually got a message my DME was locked and to call Dinan. They said they couldn't even start my car. Ugh. I immediately emailed a link to this thread to the SA.

Over the course of a frustrating week, it seemed my car was not a priority to the dealer or to Dinan. I'd call multiple times with no return calls. The SA kept saying "we've got multiple calls into Dinan and we're waiting on them to call us back." Finally, yesterday I told them if they couldn't get the DCT tune to load, just put it back to stock and forget it.

I've finally got my car back this morning, but only with the ECU tune installed, and $385 poorer. I would never have done just the ECU tune because it seems like most everyone says it's hardly noticeable. I really just wanted the DCT improvement. But apparently Dinan is still living in the dark ages with their software and upload procedures.

Anyway, now I guess I'll just go with someone else who can do the remote upload of the GTS DCT tune and maybe Euro MDM. Any suggestions on who can do it? I already have the K+DCAN cable.

Rant over. Now I feel better.
Exactly the same thing, I spent 5 hours at the dealer. When I went home the guy text me saying that they promised they would find a solution and I never heard from them again. I had heard really mixed reviews on the dealer (which I will not name here) but after personal experience I now know which reviews were accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmythe View Post
You probably want to look at this thread.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863945

The relevant point is that you want to get one of the tuners to do the GTS DCT update, not someone with INPA on their laptop, because you need someone who has modified the shift speed up to 100ms or 110ms from the 90ms shift of the BMW code which was written for a DCT with an oil cooler on it in the actual GTS model.

I contacted Alex@Alpine and he can use any functional coding cable for the transmission software and MDM coding. I will be using his services myself once I get my Dinan update issues worked out.
I had the GTS tune on my '09 done by Alex. It was just about as simple as the ESS install just in a different way. Both tunes (GTS and ESS), for reference, felt exactly the same.
13 Mineral White E92 M3 (Sold)
11 Melbourne Red E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0