BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

07-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #111
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Interesting development over the past week. Someone has been coming into the office during the night or in the wee hours of the morning, before she comes in and is playing games with her. For example, last week someone came in and emptied her stapler and then took all the staples from the supply closet. That day, we sent the receptionist to go buy staples; the next day someone straight up took her stapler. One day last week someone unplugged the phone line connected to the wall and she almost lost her mind trying to figure out why her phone wouldn't work until I looked and noticed the phone wasn't plugged in. The next day, someone double-side taped her phone receiver to the base. This week, someone took the batteries out of her cordless mouse, so she replaced the batteries. This morning someone straight up took her mouse; left the dongle in the computer but she has no mouse. Since we do not have in-house IT and I'm the Project Coordinator of course I am asked to solve the issue. I get her a wired mouse (USB) but the only open USB port on her computer doesn't work. As of now, she is unable to do anything with her computer and with sales orders being what they are for us right now, production schedules are changing quickly which is causing her an amazing amount of stress.

I can not begin to explain my level of delight I am taking in all this office warfare. The greatest thing about all of this is that I'm not the one doing it and she is so pissed off at whoever this anonymous person is she has redirected her focus of bitchiness from me.

This is hands down the greatest thing to happen in this office in the past 2 years. Even if the individual who is doing this is brought to light, I can foresee a copycat coming in directly after.

Update: I just overheard her telling her supervisor about the aforementioned chicanery. She actually locked her mouse and other desk accoutrements in her filing cabinet; which means this cheeky bastard went through her desk, found the key to her filing cabinet and then executed said mouse-nappery. I must say, the level of respect this nameless, V-esque character is getting from all of the other employees here is fantastic. The only thing I would do differently is to leave ransom letters for exchanges of said office equipment, such as 200 green M&M's to be delivered by the flag pole by 2:00 P.M. (Do not bring the police or HR) in exchange for safe return of the mouse and stapler.

Last edited by King Rudi; 07-19-2018 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 5
      07-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #112
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

lol
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      07-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #113
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Not internal cameras, obviously? You could make brownie points AND reveal the person you need to buy a few beers by putting in a game camera.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #114
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Not internal cameras, obviously? You could make brownie points AND reveal the person you need to buy a few beers by putting in a game camera.
We have cameras everywhere for the exception of the office.....basically anywhere that we need cameras is where we don't have them. We have roughly 10 on the production floor and scattered around the perimeter of the exterior of the building. Seems like our cameras are meant more for catching employees doing things they shouldn't versus being able to capture mechanical problems with equipment or for security. As far as revealing the person, I have no intention of trying to find out who it is. To me, it's better not to know and just appreciate them from afar.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #115
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

This is a great story so far...gives me great ideas...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:27 AM   #116
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
We have cameras everywhere for the exception of the office.....basically anywhere that we need cameras is where we don't have them. We have roughly 10 on the production floor and scattered around the perimeter of the exterior of the building. Seems like our cameras are meant more for catching employees doing things they shouldn't versus being able to capture mechanical problems with equipment or for security. As far as revealing the person, I have no intention of trying to find out who it is. To me, it's better not to know and just appreciate them from afar.
I just hope said unsung hero continues to be very mindful / aware of his or her surroundings....particularly anything new in the office that might hide a game camera that she installs to capture evidence of said hero.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #117
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I just hope said unsung hero continues to be very mindful / aware of his or her surroundings....particularly anything new in the office that might hide a game camera that she installs to capture evidence of said hero.
Although I can appreciate your words, you are giving the victim far too much credit. This is a person that can barely navigate her own computer or think to check that her phone is plugged in before going ballistic about it not working.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      07-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #118
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Although I can appreciate your words, you are giving the victim far too much credit. This is a person that can barely navigate her own computer or think to check that her phone is plugged in before going ballistic about it not working.
Since I do not know the victim's technical proficiency as you do, I'll give you that. But are you equally as confident about the potential technical prowess of others who may have tested the tensile strength of bathroom sink bolts with her?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      07-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #119
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Since I do not know the victim's technical proficiency as you do, I'll give you that. But are you equally as confident about the potential technical prowess of others who may have tested the tensile strength of bathroom sink bolts with her?
My assessment on the lavatory sink is that anyone who is so caught up in wanting some of that is clearly not a man of sound decision making skills to begin with and therefore loses all credibility of any rational thought whatsoever.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      07-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #120
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My assessment on the lavatory sink is that anyone who is so caught up in wanting some of that is clearly not a man of sound decision making skills to begin with and therefore loses all credibility of any rational thought whatsoever.
Did you just ASSume gender?????

T
R
I
G
G
E
R
E
D
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #121
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Did you just ASSume gender?????

T
R
I
G
G
E
R
E
D
I assume nothing. It was fact. One man and one woman entered a restroom, our poor sink was collateral damage of the horrors that took place behind that closed door.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #122
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Not_Judy - Inquiring minds would like to know if the unsung hero is still hard at work, engaging in office warfare of an amusing kind.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 01:57 PM   #123
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Not_Judy I agree my office drama personality needs to be fed....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #124
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yes, the unnamed avenger struck again this Monday. The deplorable individual that I share an office with locked up her desk accessories in the filing cabinet behind her desk Friday before she left work and took the key home with her. Monday morning when she came into work, she unlocked the filing cabinet and instantly a tirade of obscenities began to flow from her gullet with the force of class 5 rapids when she realized her mouse was AWOL. The person toying with her realized that all the filing cabinets in the office are all keyed the same, unlocked the filing cabinet and gaffled her new mouse. I had to keep my laughter as quiet as possible but my delight was hard to restrain. I have no idea what the outcome was as I try with everything that I am to not engage conversation with her at any cost.

A completely different story but funny nonetheless. We had a benefit breakfast this morning for an employee. The aforementioned pain in the ass employee was making pancakes in the break room. Due to the number of appliances that were being used, they tripped a breaker. One of the employees who was assisting with said cookery came and asked me why they lost power. I went to the data closet and reset the breaker; I then went to the break room to see if there was something that we could unplug in order to save them juice and not trip the breaker again. Upon entering the break room, the less than pleasant employee informs me that she already fixed the problem by unplugging the microwave (that wasn't being used). Her words to me were, "We don't need your help Jody! We got this!" I chuckled and wished them well on their pancake makery. Five minutes later they tripped the breaker again. Of course someone comes in complain about it. This time I did not assist with resetting the breaker and told them to go talk to employee "who got this." I did offer the suggestion that since she fixed it last time by unplugging the microwave (that wasn't running), maybe they should try taking the batteries out of the clock hanging on the wall. After they finished cooking by unplugging the snack machines so they could finish cooking breakfast on their hotplates, I snuck back in the data closet and reset the breaker restoring electrical karma to the room. I overheard conversations later about how they overcame the of some force not wanting them to cook breakfast this morning by improvising and unplugging the snack machines. Idiots. My true delight came when it was lunch time and no one could drinks out of the machines because when they unplugged them, the routers that are used for the drink machines needed to be reset and none of them realized this. I waited until lunch was over and reset them. Again, later I overheard conversations of how everyone eating or drinking just wasn't in the cards today as if some magical force was plotting against them.

I feel so terribly alone in this place.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
      07-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #125
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the unnamed avenger struck again this Monday. The deplorable individual that I share an office with locked up her desk accessories in the filing cabinet behind her desk Friday before she left work and took the key home with her. Monday morning when she came into work, she unlocked the filing cabinet and instantly a tirade of obscenities began to flow from her gullet with the force of class 5 rapids when she realized her mouse was AWOL. The person toying with her realized that all the filing cabinets in the office are all keyed the same, unlocked the filing cabinet and gaffled her new mouse. I had to keep my laughter as quiet as possible but my delight was hard to restrain. I have no idea what the outcome was as I try with everything that I am to not engage conversation with her at any cost.

A completely different story but funny nonetheless. We had a benefit breakfast this morning for an employee. The aforementioned pain in the ass employee was making pancakes in the break room. Due to the number of appliances that were being used, they tripped a breaker. One of the employees who was assisting with said cookery came and asked me why they lost power. I went to the data closet and reset the breaker; I then went to the break room to see if there was something that we could unplug in order to save them juice and not trip the breaker again. Upon entering the break room, the less than pleasant employee informs me that she already fixed the problem by unplugging the microwave (that wasn't being used). Her words to me were, "We don't need your help Jody! We got this!" I chuckled and wished them well on their pancake makery. Five minutes later they tripped the breaker again. Of course someone comes in complain about it. This time I did not assist with resetting the breaker and told them to go talk to employee "who got this." I did offer the suggestion that since she fixed it last time by unplugging the microwave (that wasn't running), maybe they should try taking the batteries out of the clock hanging on the wall. After they finished cooking by unplugging the snack machines so they could finish cooking breakfast on their hotplates, I snuck back in the data closet and reset the breaker restoring electrical karma to the room. I overheard conversations later about how they overcame the of some force not wanting them to cook breakfast this morning by improvising and unplugging the snack machines. Idiots. My true delight came when it was lunch time and no one could drinks out of the machines because when they unplugged them, the routers that are used for the drink machines needed to be reset and none of them realized this. I waited until lunch was over and reset them. Again, later I overheard conversations of how everyone eating or drinking just wasn't in the cards today as if some magical force was plotting against them.

I feel so terribly alone in this place.
Well, thank you, that has helped my day. Whenever she/he strikes again, I presume you'll update this thread?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #126
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well, thank you, that has helped my day. Whenever she/he strikes again, I presume you'll update this thread?
Absolutely. I meant to Monday and had typed the update, but got called away from my desk and closed the browser before I could finish the post. My apologies.

What seems to be the trouble today sir? Wanna vent on my thread?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #127
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Absolutely. I meant to Monday and had typed the update, but got called away from my desk and closed the browser before I could finish the post. My apologies.

What seems to be the trouble today sir? Wanna vent on my thread?
I would troll so hard with co-workers like that. Sigh--the opportunities are endless. Have a good day at work!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      07-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #128
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
I would troll so hard with co-workers like that. Sigh--the opportunities are endless. Have a good day at work!
I've tried. It's pointless. No one gets my jokes or my humor and in the event that I try there is no one here that would appreciate what is actually happening.

The "take the batteries out of the clock" bit this morning was met with blank faces, confusion and them thinking "Is he really this stupid?"

These people don't understand sarcasm or humor. This place is literally filled with "Are you working hard or hardly working" type people.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #129
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've tried. It's pointless. No one gets my jokes or my humor and in the event that I try there is no one here that would appreciate what is actually happening.

The "take the batteries out of the clock" bit this morning was met with blank faces, confusion and them thinking "Is he really this stupid?"

These people don't understand sarcasm or humor. This place is literally filled with "Are you working hard or hardly working" type people.
But we do!!! You can tell us and I guarantee we will laugh
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      07-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #130
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:

Don't make me laugh at work!!!
That joke could've been a prank on Dwight from "The Office".
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      07-26-2018, 04:14 PM   #131
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
But we do!!! You can tell us and I guarantee we will laugh
I appreciate that sir. I'll keep you updated.

I did try to mess with the maintenance lead one day and it went horrible awry. The end result was my taking a selfie with him and his crew doing nothing but sitting in an air conditioned office while I was asked to get on a boom lift to pull some cable. (They are afraid to use the boom lift....shhhhh...) Remember I am an office employee not a maintenance tech. The lead posed for the picture and everything. When he asked why I took the picture, I said I wanted to post on social media what a maintenance crew looked like that was afraid to use a boom lift so badly that they asked an office employee to do the real work while they stood around and did nothing. This did not go over well at all. The end result was that he went to his supervisor, who happens to be one of my two bosses and "told on me." After I tried to tell him I was only playing with him and he got all kinds of pissed off about it, he informed me that he went to my boss. I then asked him what his desired end result was in all of this. Then I explained to him that he just told on himself and his entire crew for doing nothing to his boss. Again, idiots.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #132
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Don't make me laugh at work!!!
That joke could've been a prank on Dwight from "The Office".
I'll take that as a compliment sir.
Appreciate 1