BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Closed Thread

08-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #67
madru17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

if you really look at the situation as a whole would you work with this guy if you were the seller?

you sell something that was inspected in person and a month later you apparently have an issue with zero proof of anything lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #68
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

One would have to prove that the seller intentionally lied about the wheels condition. There seems to be no proof of that. However, when a seller says, if there are any problems let me know (if that is what he said) and it was understood that the buyer was going on vacation, then he should honor that verbal commitment to at least try to see if there is a solution. That's just good business practice. If people are saying that that type of bend would definitely be visible (seller appears to assert this by requiring pictures), then allow the buyer to go the shop and seller can see if is a visual confirm of this would settle things pretty quickly (if there is a visual confirm, definitely no refund). The seller seems to be reluctant to allow this, which seems puzzling.

Buyer lying about the paypal transaction is not good however. Understand the source of frustration (assuming is a good faith claim), but keep the entire process in good faith.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 11:06 PM   #69
SeanE92
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Jerez Black E92 M3

I tend to stay away from threads like this however I have to add my 2 cents in before thread is closed.

I have looked at M33too for sale threads before and have contacted him with interest in the parts. The replies I got were detailed and I never had a doubt about him as a seller.

After reading this thread, all I know is I would rather not deal with @e90-335i as a buyer or a seller. I do not care if he is selling his BBS FI wheels tomorrow for $500 shipped.

I encourage everyone here to leave a positive review for m33too as a business owner and m3post member to balance out the negative impact e90-335i caused by trying to scam him. Outright lying to paypal does not look good and not providing evidence of said bent does not look good either.

Good luck to m33too, and I hope this thread does not damage yours or your shop's reputation.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #70
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickM View Post
I don't post much but I felt I have to step in as I have dealt with OP before and I purchased something from him for my previous 335i. I must say that he is honest and straight forward and I had one of the fastest transaction with him.

Regarding the Paypal transaction. OP claims that he made a deposit through Paypal and paid the rest in cash. He also said he tried to work something with seller but seller refused to offer anything to him. OP then decides to open a claim to recoup some of the loss. What IF he told Paypal that he bought defective wheels and he asks for refund? What do you think Paypal will answer?

If you know Paypal policy very well, then you know they will ask him to return the wheels to get the deposit back...and he would lose the rest of the cash... I am not defending anybody here but I am just giving my opinion...
On these kind of transactions you agree upon terms, then you pay, then you receive or pick up you item and basically that's it. There is no if and buts after the fact. When I'm the buyer I assume the imperfections of the item. The seller will do all what's possible to describe the item but it doesn't mean item is in perfect condition. If I'm the seller and you come and take your item, don't come back a month after the fact and tell me something is wrong!!!! If you buy something "As is", it's because you are going to test it, examine it, prove to yourself that the item is good or assume the defects or just don't buy used stuff. The guy should have taken the wheels to balance right away at least to know if they are round and if they balance.
There is no warranty on this kind of transactions. Something different is if the guy tells you "item is in perfect condition" and it's not. As soon as you get the item, inspect it or if you are picking it up and noticed something's wrong, then don't buy it.

Why is the guy lying about sending the money to a different account by accident? Shady!!!!! Really shady. These claims are legit. Lying might be a fraud!!!! You must tell the truth and nothing but the truth. Guy isn't going to get anything from seller but a big frustration. Learning experience.

Something different would have been if the the guy received a broken rim and item was specify as perfect or never received the item. This is the nature of the beast. You buy, you pay, you get and you enjoy. That's it. Items are sold "As is". If the guy is questioning the chip and didn't like it, just get back on your car!!!! I have been many times where I have found myself with the pen on my hand ready to sign and have walked away because I saw something or I felt something wasn't right.
Sorry OP but this is going south, south, south. Wrong timing, lying on claim, "As is" item, I just don't get it.

Let pretend you are the seller for a moment and sold the rims. One month goes back and I come back to you saying that the wheels don't balance. How would you feel? Would you credit me? I don't think so. I agree that maybe the rim was bent. Maybe the seller wasn't aware of it. Its the buyer responsibility to inspect the item before buying it and make a decision. The buyer inspected the product, agreed on the transaction but didn't balance the wheel.

The right thing to have done was to balance the wheels when the guy went to inspect them. The issue should have arise right there and then make a decision or weather to buy them, not a month after.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread