BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #23
elim11
Major
Rep
Drives: e90m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
Hey guys sorry to revive a semi-dead thread but can anyone provide some pictures of the camber plates once installed on the car? I just installed my KW CS this past weekend and can only seem to get around 2.5* out of the front fully maxed out. I dropped the strut and had the plates pushed in as far as they'd go but still nothing. My previous setup was the KW HAS with GC Streets and was able to get around 3.5* when maxed out.
Here is a photo. Let me know if you need more
Attached Images

06-16-2020, 11:33 AM   #24
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elim11 View Post
Here is a photo. Let me know if you need more
Thanks so much! I definitely don't have that much adjustability on mine so I'm going to double check my install
      06-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #25
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Hey guys sorry to revive a semi-dead thread but can anyone provide some pictures of the camber plates once installed on the car? I just installed my KW CS this past weekend and can only seem to get around 2.5* out of the front fully maxed out. I dropped the strut and had the plates pushed in as far as they'd go but still nothing. My previous setup was the KW HAS with GC Streets and was able to get around 3.5* when maxed out.
I'll be doing my car this weekend. I'll see about snapping some pics of how it looks right now. The design of the plate without dropping the strut was able to get -3.3 out of them before being limited by the strut tower design. I'm aiming for a little bit more without having to drop them so going to swap the top screws for something with a smaller hex to gain ideally -3.5-ish on my setup.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
Senpai481.50
      06-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #26
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

I went out to grab some pictures of the current install and seems like I might have an older model of the KW CS as it doesn't have the KW stamping like elim11 on the camber plates. Not sure if that'd change how much adjustability the CS has.

Driver Side camber plate so left side of the picture is facing the front of the car.

Passenger side camber plate so right side of the picture is facing the front of the car.

06-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #27
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
I'll be doing my car this weekend. I'll see about snapping some pics of how it looks right now. The design of the plate without dropping the strut was able to get -3.3 out of them before being limited by the strut tower design. I'm aiming for a little bit more without having to drop them so going to swap the top screws for something with a smaller hex to gain ideally -3.5-ish on my setup.
Thanks I appreciate it! Sorry for the dumb question but I'm not quite following when you mention dropping the strut. I had adjusted the camber plates to their max position prior to tightening everything up. I tried to push the strut to the most inward position as well before tightening the top 3 nuts on the strut tower. I did reuse the oem nuts with the sleeves though so I'm not sure if that impacts the range of adjustability.
      06-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #28
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
I went out to grab some pictures of the current install and seems like I might have an older model of the KW CS as it doesn't have the KW stamping like elim11 on the camber plates. Not sure if that'd change how much adjustability the CS has.

Driver Side camber plate so left side of the picture is facing the front of the car.

Passenger side camber plate so right side of the picture is facing the front of the car.

Unfortunately with the design of the KW camber plate it's difficult (or impossible) to max out the camber plate and tighten the bolts while it being in the car. However, from your pictures it appears you are maxed out.

My KW Motorsports setup uses a similar camber plate design, unfortunately I don't have the car with me to take some pictures. I was able to get ~ -3.5* from the camber plate itself. If your camber plate, for whatever reason, doesn't allow you to get as much negative camber as you want there are a few options before going to a different camber plate. If you have adjustable front control arms (or if you get some) that will allow you to dial in more negative camber independent of the camber plate. You can also slot the shock tower holes to get a bit more negative camber as well.
Appreciate 2
Senpai481.50
ichy24.50
      07-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #29
MPower7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' e92 M3

Does anyone know roughly how much the camber is increased every time you move the plate one notch inwards? Or what the max camber you can get is?

Going to swap springs and while it's off the car I want to move the camber plates to increase the camber from -2.6 as that was the max the alignment shop could get for some reason?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #30
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower7 View Post
Does anyone know roughly how much the camber is increased every time you move the plate one notch inwards? Or what the max camber you can get is?

Going to swap springs and while it's off the car I want to move the camber plates to increase the camber from -2.6 as that was the max the alignment shop could get for some reason?
I have it written down and will confirm, but I believe every 1/4" translates to roughly a 0.25 degrees of camber change.

Max change varies from car to car due to tolerances differences in the strut tower location, also depends on what camber plate you have. Generally I believe ~-3.5* is possible from a KW club sport style camber plate.
Appreciate 2
MPower790.00
Senpai481.50