BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

04-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #23
mikewads
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Did you have to modify it a lot? Would you be able to give me a little more details ... I also have a 2009

I didn't even think about that ... I guess I'm gonna have to a 2009 A/C belt routing diagram
The aluminum quick connector provided with the kit had to be bored out some using a drill bit. Once I did the connector would lock into place with OEM connector.

Here is a link to the double side belt routing (courtesy of Active Autowerke).
http://activeautowerke.com/installation%20pdf's/06-08%20onwards.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE92 View Post
I really like to see posts like this, makes M3 drivers look like enthusiasts more than snobby know it all's. To the OP grats on your purchase, god speed with the install.
AMEN!

2009 BMW M3 ESS Supercharged / Nitrous - 10.87 @ 131 MPH / 60 - 130 MPH in 6.23 secs
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #24
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewads View Post
The aluminum quick connector provided with the kit had to be bored out some using a drill bit. Once I did the connector would lock into place with OEM connector.

AMEN!
Also had to do this. According to Roman it is only one batch that needs this done. The connector is 11.5mm and the clip in the engine bay is 12mm. Any machine shop can do it for you. We just did it on a drill press at the garage.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Also had to do this. According to Roman it is only one batch that needs this done. The connector is 11.5mm and the clip in the engine bay is 12mm. Any machine shop can do it for you. We just did it on a drill press at the garage.
This has been corrected. We had a small batch of these connectors machined in the larger size by mistake.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #26
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by drft92 View Post
Congrats brother I can't wait to see and read about the completed vehicle. Is the LV wallet a required tool for the install?

Ash
LOL ... The wallet was out cause I had to buy the beer

Quote:
I just finished my install over the weekend. Things when smooth and Roman was always there to answer my stupid questions!

Good luck! I am sure you have fun putting it all together!
Great job ... How do you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
NIIIIIICE!!!!
Great work!

This is fantastic, as I am considering doing exactly the same thing at some stage - installing the VT1 myself (would avail of IND's Portfolio program, but Canada's a long way from them.... )

Subscribed. Good luck with the install!
I wish we had a IND here in Hawaii too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
holy SH!T!....cant wait to see the WIP

Good luck with the install...im sure it'll come out great and you'll be insanely happy.

Subscribed...

tempted to buy that intake off of you though =)
Thanks man!! It's still for sale so let me know if you wanna work something out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Good for you buddy!! You are braver than me! My VT2 kit arrived today from IND after it had their custom paint treatment. I have never seen items packed so well!! My kit gets installed next week, shipping the ECU to Roman on Monday
I can't wait to see your car ... I'll be sending out my ECU today.
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #27
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE92 View Post
I really like to see posts like this, makes M3 drivers look like enthusiasts more than snobby know it all's. To the OP grats on your purchase, god speed with the install.
Thank you ... In the end, I'll be twice as happy knowing that I did the work myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
I recieved the same service ( and they had my car while I would call ) even got follow up calls after I recieved the car ( couple of times ) ...
All I can say to sum it up is They really care !! What company calls you at 11pm to give you an update as to what stage the car is at ?
Roman is one of a kind . ( that sounded gay )
Now thats what you call service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack28 View Post
Great Thread! Goodluck with the DIY. Hopefully you will get your kit on time! Goodluck!
I hope so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by m328ci View Post
Good luck man and enjoy the new power!
Thanks bro!! ... How's everything with your car? Did you get to do more runs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Good luck and I look forward to following this thread and possibly using it as a reference one day. If I ever SC I will be using the ESS kit and installing myself as well. Do you plan to upgrade your clutch or do you have DCT? I didn't catch which you had ...
I have a 6MT ... The clutch only has 3000 miles with no hard driving yet so as of right now I plan to keep it stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewads View Post

AMEN!
Thanks Mike ... I really appreciate it

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
This has been corrected. We had a small batch of these connectors machined in the larger size by mistake.
Thats good to hear
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #28
pfish
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

bump
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #29
m328ci
Private First Class
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, E92 M3

My car runs perfectly now. I'm getting OS Super LSD hope it can tame the beast...
Now I just wanna go for VT3!!
      04-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #30
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

You guys should call Nate at IND. I have done everything for my VT2 kit with them. I am all the way in eastern Europe, and with their packing skills, the beautifully painted brembo GT Yellow plenum arrived in pristine condition

I must confess, I left Suzy (my goat) alone in our bed, an slept in the garage next to my kit. I had the top flap of the box open so I could stroke the smooth painted surface of the plenum. Wow it's soo soft and smooth...

fuck it.. I was going to start install next Monday, but I am taking my cat this afternoon to get it underway. Roman, I am calling fedex as we speak to book a pick up for my ECU!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #31
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m328ci View Post
My car runs perfectly now. I'm getting OS Super LSD hope it can tame the beast...
Now I just wanna go for VT3!!
Nice ... Did you get any new info on a VT3 kit?

Quote:
You guys should call Nate at IND. I have done everything for my VT2 kit with them. I am all the way in eastern Europe, and with their packing skills, the beautifully painted brembo GT Yellow plenum arrived in pristine condition
I wanted to paint my manifold but I'm 90% sure I'll be doing a upgrade to the VT2 so I'll do it then.

Quote:
I must confess, I left Suzy (my goat) alone in our bed, an slept in the garage next to my kit. I had the top flap of the box open so I could stroke the smooth painted surface of the plenum. Wow it's soo soft and smooth...
... I'll update this thread later in the week with a teaser of my own

Quote:
fuck it.. I was going to start install next Monday, but I am taking my cat this afternoon to get it underway. Roman, I am calling fedex as we speak to book a pick up for my ECU!!
Thats the way to do it!! ... I just got home from Kinkos
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:00 AM   #32
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfish View Post
bump
Didn't do to much today other then send out my ECU ... I will be doing some cutting tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:05 AM   #33
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:

Bout time you get that install going! How long has the S/C been sitting there, 6 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90
Nice ... Did you get any new info on a VT3 kit?
Hmmmmm....

Quote:
I wanted to paint my manifold but I'm 90% sure I'll be doing a upgrade to the VT2 so I'll do it then.
Yeah, that would be nice timing!

Quote:
... I'll update this thread later in the week with a teaser of my own

Quote:
Thats the way to do it!! ... I just got home from Kinkos
Nice!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:38 AM   #34
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

you guys are lagging behind, get those kits on and drive them
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:46 AM   #35
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Didn't do to much today other then send out my ECU ... I will be doing some cutting tomorrow.
what size box is that I must call FedEx now to have them collect my ECU and need the right box size
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:48 AM   #36
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green///Hell View Post
sorry its been less than 24 hours and car goes in tomorrow am. Hope Fedex is quick with the ECU
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #37
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I need the kit first

Quote:
what size box is that I must call FedEx now to have them collect my ECU and need the right box size
I used the small express mail ... Shipped it out 2nd day air

Quote:
sorry its been less than 24 hours and car goes in tomorrow am. Hope Fedex is quick with the ECU
I shipped it out 2nd day air ... I'm may have them overnight it back to me so I know it will be here in time.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #38
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
I need the kit first

I used the small express mail ... Shipped it out 2nd day air

I shipped it out 2nd day air ... I'm may have them overnight it back to me so I know it will be here in time.
Pity there is no overnight to Kazakhstan 2-3 working days
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #39
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #40
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
Subscribed. Looking forward to more updates
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #41
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Oh I forgot all you've been able to do is the prep work. I almost want to give you guys a hug so you don't die in anticipation lol

But aren't you supposed to put the DME in an Anti-Static bag before shipping it? Looks like just some bubbly wrap on there
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #42
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pity there is no overnight to Kazakhstan 2-3 working days
Hurry up and ship it out then

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Subscribed. Looking forward to more updates
I'll have an update tonight

Quote:
Oh I forgot all you've been able to do is the prep work. I almost want to give you guys a hug so you don't die in anticipation lol

But aren't you supposed to put the DME in an Anti-Static bag before shipping it? Looks like just some bubbly wrap on there
Thats what I thought too but Roman said there was no need and just to wrap it up with bubble wrap.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #43
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Thats what I thought too but Roman said there was no need and just to wrap it up with bubble wrap.

That's good to hear. After I removed it from my car, here I am, gingerly carrying my DME around like it's the Holy Grail, constructed out of one-micron thick glass, worried I'd screw it up....

(What a marooon...... LOL)
      04-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #44
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post

That's good to hear. After I removed it from my car, here I am, gingerly carrying my DME around like it's the Holy Grail, constructed out of one-micron thick glass, worried I'd screw it up....

(What a marooon...... LOL)
Appreciate 0