BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

07-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90M3

Scum of the earth! I got keyed!

Saturday my car was the victim of a gutless parasite. I parked my car on the roof of a public parking lot to head to the gym. My gym has a specific area that is designated for it's members. I parked properly and did not take up two spots and proceeded to the gym for an hour. When I returned to the car, I did not notice it was vandalized due it being night. It was when I stopped by my friends house after gym when walking around the front of the car I was like WTF man!

I don't have issues with anyone at the gym that I know of. I'm respectfully to everyone, including the meat heads. I don't have any disgruntled side chics or ex girlfriends. I feel I was targeted by a hater for driving a nice car. SMH.

I went to the garage the next day to speak to the garage mobile security, but no officers were there. I figured it would be pointless, because the parking lot is an older lot and has no cameras on the roof. I drove around the roof and checked for cameras myself.

I'm just trying to figure out how to proceed. I can feel it with my fingernail, so that normally means paint work is involved, but I'm no expert. I believe it's down to the metal from the black you can see in the picture. A portion of the hood was spared due to the 3M clear bra, which took some damage.

If paint work is needed, which will probably be likely and I file a claim through my insurance, how would the claim impact my premium in the future? Some say comprehensive claims don't raise your premium, but I have no idea. My deductible is $500. Also, if I go through the insurance I will need to file a police report, which means I will have this on my car fax report, correct?

Any insight is much appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacegrayMe90 View Post
Saturday my car was the victim of a gutless parasite. I parked my car on the roof of a public parking lot to head to the gym. My gym has a specific area that is designated for it's members. I parked properly and did not take up two spots and proceeded to the gym for an hour. When I returned to the car, I did not notice it was vandalized due it being night. It was when I stopped by my friends house after gym when walking around the front of the car I was like WTF man!

I don't have issues with anyone at the gym that I know of. I'm respectfully to everyone, including the meat heads. I don't have any disgruntled side chics or ex girlfriends. I feel I was targeted by a hater for driving a nice car. SMH.

I went to the garage the next day to speak to the garage mobile security, but no officers were there. I figured it would be pointless, because the parking lot is an older lot and has no cameras on the roof. I drove around the roof and checked for cameras myself.

I'm just trying to figure out how to proceed. I can feel it with my fingernail, so that normally means paint work is involved, but I'm no expert. I believe it's down to the metal from the black you can see in the picture. A portion of the hood was spared due to the 3M clear bra, which took some damage.

If paint work is needed, which will probably be likely and I file a claim through my insurance, how would the claim impact my premium in the future? Some say comprehensive claims don't raise your premium, but I have no idea. My deductible is $500. Also, if I go through the insurance I will need to file a police report, which means I will have this on my car fax report, correct?

Any insight is much appreciated.

Sorry to hear about this.

Call your insurance company and ask what the procedure is, and how it may or may not impact your rates. And no, it probably won't show up on a CarFax. Even if it does, so what?

You might be better off just paying this out of pocket.
      07-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for chiming in. I'm going to take it to detailing shop and see what they say, and take it from there.

I'm going to invest in a dash cam with a built motion sensor.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #4
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in. I'm going to take it to detailing shop and see what they say, and take it from there.

Please report back once you get an answer or solution. I have similar problem on the hood and debating weather to leave it alone or redo the hood.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #5
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Shitty. Sorry to hear man.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Fuck man! I rarely ever get out of character, but this has been slowly eating way at me. Yes, I can fix it with my money, but it's just the fucking principal man. Why touch another mans property? Violent acts on another is always never a thought for me, because I have a lot to loose, but man I would really like to break this persons fingers, every last one of them, and then proceed to throw those fingers into a grinder.

I went to one detailer yesterday, and he immediately said this is paint work and he can't help me. He said it's down to the metal. He said whoever did this ensured they applied pressure to go down to the metal. I checked two body shops and got quotes ranging from 500 -750 to paint the hood. I would end up loosing the 3m clear bra on the hood though. It's probably time for it to go anyway. I'm going to get a few more quotes and then decide.

Last edited by SpacegrayMe90; 07-12-2016 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #7
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:

Sorry for your mishap :-\

I have one of these, hard-wired, stays on whenever the car is out of the garage.

https://www.amazon.com/Street-Guardi.../dp/B00SWKQIYC
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
ycb
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Sedan

Same thing happened to me.. down 2 doors.. paid out of pocket to not have anything affected on my insurance.. $1800 CAD.

Insurance said, a claim is a claim is a claim.. so there will be a mark internal/external saying you claimed something from insurance. In my case I would have dropped from a 6 star rating to a 5 star rating or some BS.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1136380

for me would have rather had my hood keyed, then I could have fixed all the rock chips .. instead they keyed 2 doors that were near perfects... dicks...

haters gonna hate.. just keep your paint shining.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 11:55 PM   #9
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

this country is becoming filled with lazy scum that want everything handed to them and they are against anyone that has worked hard for something.
      07-13-2016, 02:05 AM   #10
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef
this country is becoming filled with lazy scum that want everything handed to them and they are against anyone that has worked hard for something.
For sure! Everyone wants a Bimmer or Porche like car for little or no effort. I went to school for 6 years after high school in order to get a rewarding job and career. Fuck me for wanting my wife and kids to have whatever I want to give them. All I want is an M3 and goalie equipment. I've pulled countless door dents out via paint less dent removal and replaced stollen goalie leg pads and a mask. It's hard not to think a certain percentage of people in the world are fucking losers too pussy to try for anything so they try and hold you down!
      07-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #11
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you guys for your responses. Venting my frustration on here kind of made me feel better.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #12
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacegrayMe90

A dash cam with motion sensor will not pick up stuff like these. But have one anyway, gives you a piece of mind when assclowns do retarded things. Hope this gets sorted out, I would go out of pocket and see what others can do
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
A dash cam with motion sensor will not pick up stuff like these. But have one anyway, gives you a piece of mind when assclowns do retarded things. Hope this gets sorted out, I would go out of pocket and see what others can do
How would the dash cam not pick up the culprit? Whoever did it was directly in front of the car. Omitting motion sensor, just a dash cam period and leaving it on while parked on the street. I could understand if they keyed from the side and walked off, then maybe it would not have caught them.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #14
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacegrayMe90
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
How would the dash cam not pick up the culprit? Whoever did it was directly in front of the car. Omitting motion sensor, just a dash cam period and leaving it on while parked on the street. I could understand if they keyed from the side and walked off, then maybe it would not have caught them.
Oops i meant G sensor. Nvm!
Appreciate 0