BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

07-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
cays
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Germans

Polls Show What U.S. Muslims Think of U.S. Laws

Shocking Polls Show What U.S. Muslims Think of U.S. Laws
BY ANDREW G. BOSTOM JULY 1, 2016

As July 4 approaches, new polling data reveal non-Muslim Americans are increasingly cognizant of the threat Sharia -- Islam’s totalitarian religio-political “law” -- poses to their basic liberties. Overwhelmingly, they reject its encroachment in the United States.

But polling data also reveal that an ominous, growing proportion of American Muslims wish to impose Sharia on America.

Opinion Savvy polled a random sample of 803 registered voters -- 98.2% non-Muslim, and 1.8% Muslim (with age, race, gender, political affiliation, and region propensity score-weighted to reduce biases) -- from June 19 to June 20, 2016. They asked:

Do you believe that the United States government should screen, or actively identify individuals entering the United States who support Sharia law?
Seventy-one percent affirmed:

Yes, supporters of Sharia should be identified before they are admitted into the US.
The group answering “yes” was then asked:

Once identified, do you believe that individuals who support the practice of Sharia law should be admitted into the United States?
Eighty percent responded:

No, supporters of Sharia should not be admitted into the US.
The next query, which addressed only foreign visitors, elicited an even more emphatic demand for fidelity to bedrock First Amendment principles. It asked:

Do you believe that the United States government should require all foreign individuals entering the United States to affirm that they will uphold the principles of the constitution, such as freedom of religion and speech, above all personal ideologies for the duration of their stay in the country?
Seventy-eight percent insisted:

Yes, visitors to the US should be required to agree to uphold the constitution, regardless of their personal ideology, as a condition of their visit.
The unblinkered assessment of Sharia validates its broadly shared rejection by non-Muslim Americans, but also illustrates how increased U.S. Muslim Sharia support represents a dangerous trend.

Time Is Running Out for American Muslims
The Sharia, Islam’s canon law, is traceable to Koranic verses and edicts (45:18, 42:13, 42:21, 5:48; 4:34, 5:33-34, 5:38, 8:12-14; 9:5, 9:29, 24:2-4), as further elaborated in the “hadith” -- the traditions of Islam’s prophet Muhammad and the earliest Muslim community -- and codified into formal “legal” rulings by Islam’s greatest classical legists. Sharia is a retrogressive development compared with the evolution of clear distinctions between “ritual, the law, moral doctrine, good customs in society, etc.,” within Western European Christendom.

Sharia is utterly incompatible with the conceptions of human rights enshrined in the U.S. Bill of Rights.

Here are some liberty-crushing, dehumanizing Sharia sanctions: open-ended jihadism to subjugate the world to a totalitarian Islamic order; rejection of bedrock Western liberties -- including freedom of conscience and speech -- enforced by imprisonment, beating, or death; discriminatory relegation of non-Muslims to outcast, vulnerable pariahs, and even Muslim women to subservient chattel; and barbaric punishments which violate human dignity such as amputation for theft, stoning to death for adultery, and lashing for alcohol consumption.

Compounding these fundamental freedom and dignity-abrogating iniquities, “matters of procedure” under Islamic law are antithetical to Western conceptions of the rule of law. “Evidentiary proof” is non-existent by Western legal standards, and the Sharia doctrine of siyasa (“government” or “administration”), grants wide latitude to the ruling elites -- rendering permissible arbitrary threats, beatings, and imprisonments of defendants to extract “confessions,” particularly from “dubious” suspects. Clearly, Sharia “standards” are intellectually and morally inferior to the antithetical concepts which underpin Western law.

From October 22 to October 26, 2012, Wenzel Strategies polled 600 U.S. Muslims of high socio-economic status. They were asked:

Do you believe that criticism of Islam or Muhammad should be permitted under the Constitution’s First Amendment?
Regarding this most fundamental U.S. right, 58% replied “no”. Only 42% affirmed this most basic manifestation of freedom of speech, i.e., to criticize religious or any other dogma.

Indeed, oblivious to U.S. constitutional law as opposed to Islam’s Sharia, a largely concordant 45% of respondents agreed with the following:

Those who criticize or parody Islam in the U.S. should face criminal charges.
Only 38% did not; 17% were “unsure.”

Moreover, fully 12% of this Muslim sample even admitted they believed in application of the draconian, Sharia-based punishment for the non-existent crime of “blasphemy” in the U.S. code, answering affirmatively that:

Americans who criticize or parody Islam should be put to death.
In June of 2015, data from a survey of another 600 U.S. Muslims conducted by the respected political pollster Kellyanne Conway revealed:

51% … agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Sharia.
Perhaps most frightening, 25% of those polled agreed:

Violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad.
Why is Sharia supremacism -- which is diametrically opposed to U.S. Constitutional law -- so alarmingly prevalent among U.S. Muslims? The inescapable conclusion, validated in Senate Judiciary Committee testimony this week by Department of Homeland Security whistleblower Philip Haney, is that mainstream institutional Islam within the U.S. inculcates this liberty-crushing mentality.

Haney’s presentation mentioned in passing the mainstream Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America, (AMJA). Well-accepted by the broader American Muslim community, the Islamic scholars affiliated with AMJA have attained influential positions in universities, Islamic centers, and mosques throughout the United States. AMJA scholars train American imams. They issue online “fatwas” -- Islamic Sharia rulings -- to guide individual Muslims. Should the mainstream AMJA accomplish its unabashed goal of implementing Sharia in North America, the organization has already issued a ruling which sanctions the killing of non-Muslim “blasphemers.”

Donald Trump’s rational call for a moratorium on Muslim immigration, especially from hotbeds of violent Sharia supremacism, must be viewed gimlet-eyed bearing in mind irrefragable data capturing U.S. (here, here) and global Muslim attitudes, as well as the behavior of mainstream, institutional American Islam.

Muslims Attack People in England for Drinking Beer...?!?
Forty years ago, Husayn al-Quwatli -- director general of Dar al-Ifta, the center of spiritual authority for the Sunni community of Lebanon, and author of the treatise Islam, the State, and Secularism (1975) -- candidly elucidated the Muslim Sharia supremacist mindset which perhaps best validates Trump’s moratorium:

The position of Islam is very clear on one point, namely that the true Muslim cannot take a disinterested position vis-à-vis the state. As a result, his position with regard to ruler and rule cannot be an indecisive one which is content with half solutions.
Either the ruler is Muslim and the rule Islamic, then he will be content with the state and support it, or the ruler non-Muslim and the rule non-Islamic, then he rejects it, opposes it, and works to abolish it, gently or forcibly, openly or secretly.

https://pjmedia.com/blog/shocking-po...=true#comments
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
insanecoder
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

If Sharia ever comes to the USA.. I'm outa here
Its a barbaric law for a barbaric time..

Our laws were perfect as can be and fine.. if only people in power would actually follow the laws..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #3
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

ladies and gentleman....Donald Trump is with us today.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #4
NocturnalEVO
Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

1. Sharia law is not coming anywhere, no matter what trump or his likes will have you believe. Muslims don't even want sharia law here. Have to separate radicals from regular practicing Muslims.

2. The Quran states that a Muslim MUST follow the rules and laws of the land they live in, whatever the laws/rules are of that particular land are.
'06 R6 Anniversary Edition (sold)
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #5
RABAUKE
Rear Admiral
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO View Post
1. Sharia law is not coming anywhere, no matter what trump or his likes will have you believe. Muslims don't even want sharia law here. Have to separate radicals from regular practicing Muslims.

2. The Quran states that a Muslim MUST follow the rules and laws of the land they live in, whatever the laws/rules are of that particular land are.
Our previous premier, Dalton McQuinty was considering adapting some forms of Sharia Law for Ontario a few years back. I'm afraid that issue will resurface as Canada and Ontario try to appease all of the special interest groups without considering the long term ramifications.

I surely hope Sharia doesn't make it's way to North America, it's a frightening thought. You'd like to think that folks immigrate to the west for a better life and abiding by our laws and customs is what creates the stability to maintain that better life.

The influx of muslims into North America and Europe in particular may give us a sense of the future. I hope our elected officials aren't so naive that they take us down a road we can't get back on.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
NocturnalEVO
Stock
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Our previous premier, Dalton McQuinty was considering adapting some forms of Sharia Law for Ontario a few years back. I'm afraid that issue will resurface as Canada and Ontario try to appease all of the special interest groups without considering the long term ramifications.

I surely hope Sharia doesn't make it's way to North America, it's a frightening thought. You'd like to think that folks immigrate to the west for a better life and abiding by our laws and customs is what creates the stability to maintain that better life.

The influx of muslims into North America and Europe in particular may give us a sense of the future. I hope our elected officials aren't so naive that they take us down a road we can't get back on.
Oh I didn't know it had reached that level in Canada. Surprising, because you never ever actually hear about anything with sharia law in most muslim circles. In fact, there are numerous muslim countries which don't even have sharia law.

Putting all the islamophobia aside, I can understand why they may look to incorporate parts of sharia law in place for certain groups, like take divorces for example. If a couple want to get divorced (and i'm assuming other religions as well), you have a marriage certificate with the state/land you live in, but also have one with your respective religious institution, as you've declared to god that you and your spouse are to be married. So when it comes to divorce, you of course go through the courts to get the divorce process complete, but that's just with the state, you also have to have your divorce settled with the religious institution, which has its own paperwork and processes. So that's where parts of sharia law could come into place, and as per the law, the husband may have to give certain parts of his money, property, etc. to the wife. You may ask, but isn't that also done with the state in the regular court system? The difference is HOW it's calculated and carried out as well as what may be included. (speaking on a very general level).

So i'm certain if these officials are considering incorporating any parts of sharia law, it's most likely stuff like I mentioned above, and not that wild stuff we've all come to fear lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
cays
Private First Class
Rep

I remember reading this article a few years back and it's still a good read.

There are more than 140,000 Pakistan-born Muslims in Canada. And it turns out the Pew Forum polls show Pakistani Muslims are among the most hard line.

For instance, most Muslims in countries such as Turkey and Eastern Europe believe a woman has a right to divorce her husband. But support for the woman’s choice to do so drops to just 26 per cent among Muslims in Pakistan.

Another Pew finding was both encouraging and disturbing. When the pollsters asked whether honour killings are ever justified for pre- or extramarital sex, a strong majority of Muslims in places such as Indonesia, Jordan and Azerbaijan said they are “never justified,” regardless of whether a man or woman stands accused.

But in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Iraq (all of which are major sources of immigrants to Canada), more than half did not reject honour killings. For Canadians, that is appalling.

As a typical Canadian who supports choice on religion, I found another Pew finding shocking related to apostasy – when a Muslim leaves the faith. Pew found most of the world’s Muslims can live with a Muslim converting to a new world view.

But in Pakistan, Jordan, Egypt, Malaysia, Afghanistan and other countries, more than two out of three Muslims who say shariah should be the law of the land “favour the death penalty” for those who convert to another religion.

That, to put it mildly, is not good news.

The Canadian Muslims I have interviewed over the years always make it clear they do not agree with such extremist beliefs.

No matter what some Muslims believe in other parts of the world, Canadian Muslims have reassured me they respect this nation’s secular laws regarding religious freedom, divorce, sex outside marriage and women’s equality.

http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-b...heck-the-facts
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #8
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post

Oh I didn't know it had reached that level in Canada. Surprising, because you never ever actually hear about anything with sharia law in most muslim circles. In fact, there are numerous muslim countries which don't even have sharia law.

Putting all the islamophobia aside, I can understand why they may look to incorporate parts of sharia law in place for certain groups, like take divorces for example. If a couple want to get divorced (and i'm assuming other religions as well), you have a marriage certificate with the state/land you live in, but also have one with your respective religious institution, as you've declared to god that you and your spouse are to be married. So when it comes to divorce, you of course go through the courts to get the divorce process complete, but that's just with the state, you also have to have your divorce settled with the religious institution, which has its own paperwork and processes. So that's where parts of sharia law could come into place, and as per the law, the husband may have to give certain parts of his money, property, etc. to the wife. You may ask, but isn't that also done with the state in the regular court system? The difference is HOW it's calculated and carried out as well as what may be included. (speaking on a very general level).

So i'm certain if these officials are considering incorporating any parts of sharia law, it's most likely stuff like I mentioned above, and not that wild stuff we've all come to fear lol.
Aside from having no facts to support your conclusions, if the "overseas Muslims" hold the opinions they do, as evidenced by the above polls (as well as previous research from organizations like the Pew Trust), and they come to the US, do you think they just drop their opinions and plaster a "COEXIST" bumper sticker on their car?
      07-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #9
RABAUKE
Rear Admiral
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:

That sounds like a slippery slope to me.....
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2016, 11:05 PM   #10
cays
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I saw this, taken from the comments section of that Sun article, a strong opinion from a Canadian.

"As you have said in your article, in most Muslim countries those followers would like to introduce Sharia law. In North America Muslims know that we will not accept it. So they meekly suggest the idea of a dual legal system. This is simply the thin edge of the wedge in which an expanding community will become more brazen. As an undeniable result, simply look at England, Muslim communities, in which 40% would like to see the introduction of Sharia law have started to enforce their own set of beliefs. This begins with chasing away those near Mosques whom are non-conforming, i.e., women who are "uncovered" or gay men holding hands.

Your article mentions a number of religions that have their own practices or laws, but they are all founded on Judeo-Christian values - the values, that North America are founded on. As for Buddhism, Buddha recommended the the cultivation of benevolence. Sharia law, in the practical sense, is a law focused on limiting freedom and on punishment. It is a relic from the dark ages and conflicts with everything I hold dear in my community and my way of life.

Yes of course there is no official Sharia court at this time - need I say more?

The Government of Canada needs to declare that Sharia law is at odds with the values we hold as a country and is unwelcome in any form, even if within an ethnic group. The government must understand that there is no way to acceptably and conveniently contain these socially disruptive laws. If Muslims think they can live in a bubble, others had better be prepared to eventually pop it. We will not allow the mistakes of the liberal agenda seen in England to root in Canada. Muslims are welcome to practice their religion but Sharia law will induce a serious clash of cultures.

One Canada, One Law for All (Yes I know Except Quebec)"

Last edited by cays; 07-02-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #11
NocturnalEVO
Stock
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Aside from having no facts to support your conclusions, if the "overseas Muslims" hold the opinions they do, as evidenced by the above polls (as well as previous research from organizations like the Pew Trust), and they come to the US, do you think they just drop their opinions and plaster a "COEXIST" bumper sticker on their car?
I can vouch for every single Muslim I know, whether they have immigrated here or been born and raised, that all they want is to co-exist. They don't need a bumper sticker to show it. They do so on a daily basis every single day of their lives.

As I mentioned above, the Quran states that a Muslim must follow the laws and rules of the land they live in.

Millions of Muslims do this very happily. Of course as with any group of people, you will have your outliers, but they don't speak for the majority. Those of us who live here are plenty happy with the way things are as they are. In fact the only real change most of us hope for is to have our holiday entered into the calendar so we can get a day off on the holiday without having to use a personal day lol
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #12
SumBMWGuy
Banned
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:

As I mentioned above, the Quran states that a Muslim must follow the laws and rules of the land they live in.

Millions of Muslims do this very happily. Of course as with any group of people, you will have your outliers, but they don't speak for the majority. Those of us who live here are plenty happy with the way things are as they are. In fact the only real change most of us hope for is to have our holiday entered into the calendar so we can get a day off on the holiday without having to use a personal day lol
But, this doesn't fit the narrative of all muslims are bad no matter what. Why else would OP post this drivel.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #13
NocturnalEVO
Stock
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
But, this doesn't fit the narrative of all muslims are bad no matter what. Why else would OP post this drivel.
Shocking... lol
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #14
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO
Quote:
I can vouch for every single Muslim I know, whether they have immigrated here or been born and raised, that all they want is to co-exist. They don't need a bumper sticker to show it. They do so on a daily basis every single day of their lives.

You likely associate with modern, moderate Muslims; so do I. And I'm going to bet you weren't besties with the Orlando, San Bernardino, Merced, etc. etc. shooters. But the statistics are there, and many are newcomers to this country who would like to turn the Us into the same kind of place they came from.

You're from NY - do you think it's a bit insensitive to want to build a mosque at Ground Zero?
      07-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #15
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You're from NY - do you think it's a bit insensitive to want to build a mosque at Ground Zero?
You know that mosque was there before the attack. They wanted to rebuild it. And even if they wanted to build a new one, it was the same preexisting community moving ffrom the old one.
Let's not fan the fire as if they wanted to build a martyrs memorial there at ground zero on the same soil where The WTC stood, because that wasn't the case.

And I am from New York, Brooklyn, originally.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #16
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:

You know that mosque was there before the attack. They wanted to rebuild it. And even if they wanted to build a new one, it was the same preexisting community moving ffrom the old one.
Let's not fan the fire as if they wanted to build a martyrs memorial there at ground zero on the same soil where The WTC stood, because that wasn't the case.

And I am from New York, Brooklyn, originally.
I had no idea there was a mosque at Ground Zero, prior to 9/11? Where was it? Do you have the name?
      07-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #17
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had no idea there was a mosque at Ground Zero, prior to 9/11? Where was it? Do you have the name?
This project is DOA anyway.
I guess the term ground zero gets thrown around a lot.
In the military, ground zero to us means the exact location of origin, the X.
In the context of this mosque, ground zero seems to mean ten block radius.
This thread is getting tiring...and just realised it's in the politics and religion section....yeah, like were gonna agree with those topics of discussion and everyone here makes sense, I lols at that.

Best you read up for some clarification.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/08/que...d-zero-mosque/
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #18
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
This project is DOA anyway.
I guess the term ground zero gets thrown around a lot.
In the military, ground zero to us means the exact location of origin, the X.
In the context of this mosque, ground zero seems to mean ten block radius.
This thread is getting tiring...and just realised it's in the politics and religion section....yeah, like were gonna agree with those topics of discussion and everyone here makes sense, I lols at that.

Best you read up for some clarification.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/08/que...d-zero-mosque/
So:

1. You said "you know that mosque was there before the attack" - but it wasn't there at all,

2. Masjid Manhatten is four blocks from Ground Zero. Masjid al-Farah is 12 blocks away. Both are very small one-room meeting places, and existed prior to 9/11.

3. Sometime after 9/11, they started meeting in the closed Burlington Coat Factory building, which was hit by the landing gear from one of the planes. It is closer to GZ, and where the proposed $100M Islamic Cultural Center was to be built. The Muslim developer applied for a $5M grant from the federal money set aside to rebuild lower Manhatten.

I didn't expect agreement, but I did expect a grasp of the facts.
      07-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #19
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

If you think that Sharia Law has any quantum chance of becoming a reality in the US, you're likely legally retarded.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #20
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
If you think that Sharia Law has any quantum chance of becoming a reality in the US, you're likely legally retarded.
I didn't think lots of things could happen that have happened in the past 8 years. I didn't think my tax dollars could be used for abortions. I didn't think the IRS could target conservative groups, and allow the chief offender to retire with a full government pension. I didn't think our borders could be left wide open. I didnt think the government would resettle immigrants here with no background checks. I didn't think intelligent people would make the argument that gun control would lead to a safer country.

I must be retarded.
      07-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #21
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I didn't think lots of things could happen that have happened in the past 8 years. I didn't think my tax dollars could be used for abortions. I didn't think the IRS could target conservative groups, and allow the chief offender to retire with a full government pension. I didn't think our borders could be left wide open. I didnt think the government would resettle immigrants here with no background checks. I didn't think intelligent people would make the argument that gun control would lead to a safer country.

I must be retarded.
Of all those you listed, the IRS bit actually did surprise me when it happened, the rest is par for the course aside from the open borders thing/immigrants thing, that's just hyperbole.

And if you believe that Sharia Law poses any threat in the US, you're just falling for the fear-mongering. Don't end up like the assholes mentioned here (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...mepage%2Fstory).
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #22
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Key words:
803 registered voters, 92.2% non-muslim, 1.8% muslim - so this "poll" is based on responses from what? 9 people?
Appreciate 0