BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

EXXEL Distributions

10-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Greetings! So just getting settled in, waiting for the car to arrive. Loving the area and have decided to buy instead of rent so intending on staying for a while. Still getting acclimated. I have two quick questions:
-Who do you use for quick work? I had my springs raised up for shipping and need to drop the car when it gets in. Other minor things as well. Any recommendations local and preferably not in Denver...
-Any issues running iPhone 6s? Any additional coding required? It's not working so well on the wife's car (2010 E70)
-Any recommendations on tuning for the wife's X5? It was already a bit sluggish in Germany since it's the 3.0l naturally aspirated model and now with the higher altitude, it's just lame to drive. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions ons on improving the performance ...
Looking forward to cars and coffee and other meets!
      10-15-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, X5M

Welcome! We have a small group of enthusiast in Colorado Springs-but some great cars and great owners as well.
I have had all of my work done locally at Winslow BMW. I am very discerning regarding who works on my car and they have done an outstanding job. I've owned 2 M3's and an X5. Ask for Bryan, he is an enthusiast and very skilled at what he does.
Regarding your X5, a tune won't compensate for the altitude. Don't waste your money. My M3 has a tune and nearly every bolt on and and it feels slow. My X5 50i M Sport 'feels' faster than the n/a S65. Tho an independent test proved otherwise Induction seems to be the best cure for altitude.
Cheers
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #3
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Winslow is the dealership right? I havent heard anything bad about them, but I know that dealer prices are a bit higher. I have yet to make it by there. My car hasnt arrived yet and the wife's just made it here Sunday (I went to Texas and drove it back). But I can definitely tell the diference in launching in that car once I got up here in the 6k+ altitude. I was hoping there was some kind of tune for the 3.0 that would help out. Sigh... I dont even think they make any kind of aftermarket intakes for that particular model. It has a K&N drop-in in it, not that you could tell. The bad side effect of an underpowered NA motor in a heavy car. Should have gotten the diesel.
      10-16-2015, 01:01 AM   #4
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Correct, they are a dealership. Stop by and speak with Bryan. He has the same line up as you, a e90 M3 and a 3.0 X5. I'm sure he has explored all of the options on the 3.0. Good motor, just a bit low on power. At least it will tackle the winter months with ease.
What color/model M3 do you have? I'll have to keep an eye out for your car around town. I don't drive mine much and I will be storing it for winter soon unless we keep getting this amazing weather.
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #5
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Ill definitely go by and talk with him. My M is still enroute on a ship... Sigh... And I garage during the winter so it may be some time before its back out again. I have the Jagermeister wrapped E90. Its orange and very bright.
Attached Images

10-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
BTW, I recognize your profile pic from this years calendar! Was just showing it to a work colleague. Awesome colors in the photo.
      10-22-2015, 01:54 AM   #7
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Great looking wrap, the fire orange looks great! I felt very humbled to be selected for the calendar, let's meet up sometime and I'll take you to that graffiti wall and we can do a shoot?? hope your car arrived safely!

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 11:22 PM   #8
Coloradom3
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, 21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
Great looking wrap, the fire orange looks great! I felt very humbled to be selected for the calendar, let's meet up sometime and I'll take you to that graffiti wall and we can do a shoot?? hope your car arrived safely!
Hey fellas! I just sold my 13 S4 and snagged a 15 M3. I'm down south in Pueblo. I'm in Denver often and make an occasional stop in springs but would also like to meet up and chat with some fellow locals. And maybe do a shoot together? If you guys meet give me a shout! I usually go up to Denver for the cars & coffee meets, anyone ever go?

Adrien
719-251-4964

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
E90three2five
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3/325xI

very Nice Cars! Welcome Fellows !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agedog2gt View Post
Hey fellas! I just sold my 13 S4 and snagged a 15 M3. I'm down south in Pueblo. I'm in Denver often and make an occasional stop in springs but would also like to meet up and chat with some fellow locals. And maybe do a shoot together? If you guys meet give me a shout! I usually go up to Denver for the cars & coffee meets, anyone ever go?

Adrien
719-251-4964

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #10
E90three2five
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3/325xI

Very Nice! Welcome !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie Von Otto View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Ill definitely go by and talk with him. My M is still enroute on a ship... Sigh... And I garage during the winter so it may be some time before its back out again. I have the Jagermeister wrapped E90. Its orange and very bright.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #11
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+ | Colorado Z71

Garage List
Welcome! Check out the Rocky Mountain Run!
      01-11-2016, 01:28 AM   #12
Coloradom3
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, 21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Welcome! Check out the Rocky Mountain Run!
Never heard of it. I'll look into it.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0