BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #23
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Thanks again for the info, it's is appreciated.

Those prices look beyond competitive, way better than what I've been quoted but again, you have connections to get these components and you're doing the install yourself. Personally, I don't mind turning wrenches but was never confident enough to do anything that is electrical and this extensive so DIY is out of the question for me.

Another question if you don't mind, is the upgrade from NBT to NBT EVO easier, as opposed CIC to NBT EVO due to certain NBT components being present already or does NBT EVO require an entire set of new components that are EVO specific?
In the F series going from NBT to NBT Evo is pretty easy. you are putting F series tech in a F series car.
Appreciate 1
xander_g967.00
      02-28-2019, 02:13 PM   #24
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUD View Post
Nickco43, thank you so much for jumping on this discussion board and sharing with us your EVO NBT setup the right way! I could not agree more with you since the other retrofits are missing basic features like xm etc that through your feedback I have learned is only available with the US north EVO unit and not the European. I am sure the members in this forum would love to hear back from you when everything is all set and done on your retrofit and also hopefully the prices are coming down and everything being available hopefully by someone in the US that does sell the right EVO NBT kits so we have the xm, 4g services. Again thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us! It was super helpful!!!
You are very welcome. I will let everyone know when I finally drill into my trunk and mount the camera.
Appreciate 1
xander_g967.00
      03-01-2019, 10:38 PM   #25
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Nickco43 the project looks like it is not for the faint of heart. I enjoyed going through the pages of your progress with the others in that thread. I'll keep watching
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:24 AM   #26
TRUE2THEBLUE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

How about the unichip? Fast forward to about 3:00 to skip the install
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 04:25 PM   #27
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

OMG I didn't even know AVINUSA or Unichip options were available. But the huge turnoff for me is the no OEM integration with the audio system and microphone. I don't want to route the audio through AUX or have a 2nd microphone installed.

But man the price difference between NBT EVO retrofit and the alternatives is incredible. Pay to play I guess.
      04-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #28
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
When I contacted Bimmerretrofit to ask about the NBT retro kit for our E9X cars, they did provide a quote of what's needed, and it does say that I can add Sirius/HD radio for an additional $300 since Sat Radio would be disabled after the retrofit. Of course, if you add Sirius/HD, you give up RTTI, Internet and BMW Online (not that I use the last two, and rarely use RTTI since I like Waze).

One thing that gives me great pause, however, is this statement:

"In BMW M-series with EDC you will only have 3 DriveLogic settings instead of 5. Shift lights may or may not be supported."

Not quite sure what EDC has to do with DriveLogic, but that could be a deal breaker right there if I can't get all the DriveLogic modes.

Last edited by PACarGuy; 04-04-2019 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #29
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
When I contacted Bimmerretrofit to ask about the NBT retro kit for our E9X cars, they did provide a quote of what's needed, and it does say that I can add Sirius/HD radio for an additional $300 since Sat Radio would be disabled after the retrofit. Of course, if you add Sirius/HD, you give up RTTI, Internet and BMW Online (not that I use the last two, and rarely use RTTI since I like Waze).

"In BMW M-series with EDC you will only have 3 DriveLogic settings instead of 5. Shift lights may or may not be supported."

Not quite sure what EDC has to do with DriveLogic, but that could be a deal breaker right there if I can't get all the DriveLogic modes.
I have sat radio, HD radio, BMW online, RTTI, etc on my NBT Evo +ATM retrofit. It seems they won't do a US Evo + ATM matched pair retrofit.

I don't blame them, I can get a European NBT Evo, screen and touch knob for 600 euros.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 02:35 PM   #30
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I have sat radio, HD radio, BMW online, RTTI, etc on my NBT Evo +ATM retrofit. It seems they won't do a US Evo + ATM matched pair retrofit.

I don't blame them, I can get a European NBT Evo, screen and touch knob for 600 euros.
Thanks. What's ATM?
      04-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #31
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks. What's ATM?
Advanced telematics module. It goes in the trunk and is used for connected drive.
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy646.00
      04-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #32
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUE2THEBLUE View Post
How about the unichip? Fast forward to about 3:00 to skip the install
You know what I realized, where do you put the giant box? even the quadlock is a pain in the but to push to the right side as it is.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 11:55 AM   #33
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:

I got the same information. I asked them about this and the customer service rep said all functionality will remain the same. I don't really know what to make of this. The rep said it all works but the documentation said some will not. This kind of turned me away a bit.