BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #111
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
For real!
got mine,,, did i beat you?

kinda concerned the more i think about it..., i heard from a friend that as u push the clutch further past the engagement point it spaces the clutch and flywheel a bit more...etc..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #112
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post

kinda concerned the more i think about it..., i heard from a friend that as u push the clutch further past the engagement point it spaces the clutch and flywheel a bit more...etc..
This... is... a... $25... mod... that... you'll... regret... for... the... rest... of... your... life... hahaha, the idea is creeping on you now huh?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #113
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

on my car the speed nut needs to be opened quite a bit to fit on the metal piece....and it snapped in half...i was very gentle.

confused.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #114
KHOALTY
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leozap View Post
This... is... a... $25... mod... that... you'll... regret... for... the... rest... of... your... life... hahaha, the idea is creeping on you now huh?
The idea is no different than the ones previously made on the E36 and E46 cars. I have driven both cars with more than 150k on both cars, so it isn't some new idea at all...its been around for a while and just a different approach now. This type of modification since 1992 when the E36 cars had the nut in the back.

Here is a variation of this type of modification.
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_pr...stop/index.htm
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #115
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

Quote:
The idea is no different than the ones previously made on the E36 and E46 cars. I have driven both cars with more than 150k on both cars, so it isn't some new idea at all...its been around for a while and just a different approach now. This type of modification since 1992 when the E36 cars had the nut in the back.

Here is a variation of this type of modification.
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_pr...stop/index.htm

will this one work on our M3??????
      12-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #116
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:

I got mine yesterday.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #117
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

I got mine a week or so ago, I followed the DIY, and basically was done in about 10 min, the gear changes felt awesome, but had a little trouble, I had problems starting the car, since you have to push the clutch all the way before pressing start, well what happened was the clutch stop was a little bigger and I had to press the clutch really hard to start the car, so I took off and sanded it a little bit, so when I press the clutch to start the car I didn't have to push it really hard, so maybe I got a different size or something since I'm the only one with this problem, but a little sand paper worked, although it doesn't feel anymore different than OEM now
      12-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #118
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

am i the only one who had to bend the speed nut like 90 degrees to fit it on the metal stem....
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #119
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
am i the only one who had to bend the speed nut like 90 degrees to fit it on the metal stem....
I'll let you know once mine is here lol...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #120
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
I got mine a week or so ago, I followed the DIY, and basically was done in about 10 min, the gear changes felt awesome, but had a little trouble, I had problems starting the car, since you have to push the clutch all the way before pressing start, well what happened was the clutch stop was a little bigger and I had to press the clutch really hard to start the car, so I took off and sanded it a little bit, so when I press the clutch to start the car I didn't have to push it really hard, so maybe I got a different size or something since I'm the only one with this problem, but a little sand paper worked, although it doesn't feel anymore different than OEM now
that is weird your the only one I have heard having a starting problem. did you install in correctly?

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #121
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

yeah I followed the DIY, it's basically a no brainer, is mine the only euro spec with this mod? anyway I found it really cool, so I placed an order on another one, if someone installs it, would you kindly post pics as you do it, my M doesn't look like the one in the DIY, it doesn't have a speaker and somethings are different when you remove the bottom part, but the OEM clutch stop and the install process is the same, just want to see it more detailed as someone installs it, thanks guys

P.S, SICK RIDE EUGENE, SKII that's gonna be so sweet, it will be THE BEAST
      12-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #122
2008bimmerM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: JB

maybe your clutch is wearing out?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #123
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
yeah I followed the DIY, it's basically a no brainer, is mine the only euro spec with this mod? anyway I found it really cool, so I placed an order on another one, if someone installs it, would you kindly post pics as you do it, my M doesn't look like the one in the DIY, it doesn't have a speaker and somethings are different when you remove the bottom part, but the OEM clutch stop and the install process is the same, just want to see it more detailed as someone installs it, thanks guys

P.S, SICK RIDE EUGENE, SKII that's gonna be so sweet, it will be THE BEAST
did ur oem clutch stop or black rubber thing look like the pics in the dyi...cause mine didnt, it was smaller, and less condom shaped and hollow...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #124
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
As for those who took out the clutch spring prior to doing this mod, do you think it's a good idea to put it back on to give the clutch more lateral support? I have a feeling that the clutch is not hitting the stopper at an exact point every single time.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #125
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

I don't think my clutch is wearing out, I only have 10,000km on my car, my OEM clutch stop was really thin, when I tried to take it out it just broke, it's barely a clutch stop, more of a rubber lining to protect the metal, kind of weird that I'm the only one with this problem
      12-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #126
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Quote:
I don't think my clutch is wearing out, I only have 10,000km on my car, my OEM clutch stop was really thin, when I tried to take it out it just broke, it's barely a clutch stop, more of a rubber lining to protect the metal, kind of weird that I'm the only one with this problem
I'm waiting on my clutch stopper to arrive, however i was trying to start my car yesterday with the clutch lifted up a bit and it wouldn't start, its seems as though it has to be pushed in all the way to start.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #127
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep

Wow! This thing is awesome. I put it in my car and boy! It feels great when driving now. The clutch is just so perfect. I recommend this for all 6m drivers out there

I had some trouble putting in the thing so the speed nut can screw in; it just doesn't fit. I had to break that thing in half and throw away the top part lol. The step 5 of the DIY.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #128
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Wow! This thing is awesome. I put it in my car and boy! It feels great when driving now. The clutch is just so perfect. I recommend this for all 6m drivers out there

I had some trouble putting in the thing so the speed nut can screw in; it just doesn't fit. I had to break that thing in half and throw away the top part lol. The step 5 of the DIY.
all u had to do was bend it alittle and it fits perfect
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #129
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
all u had to do was bend it alittle and it fits perfect
Took me a long time to put it in... I was dumb to push it from the bottom only. I should've used a plier to pull it up and push it up at the same time, I think. I was bending it open a few times and couldn't get it in then finally, another bend and the thing snapped in half. Then it fits in perfectly with the bottom half
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #130
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

yeah, i am with you...how did u do it...i couldnt bend the speed nut enough...it had to go like 90 degrees to go around the stem for me...so i just covered it with thick tape and no stopper...i want to put it in but dunno how...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #131
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

I have a question regarding the install...the speed nut has a straight side and a side where there is a slight bend at the top, the side with the bend should be facing the driver or the firewall???
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #132
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Still haven't bothered installing mine yet.

If someone local wants to buy it from me, please let me know.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0