BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-17-2023, 07:14 PM   #1
yardbro
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E39 528i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [5.00]
ISTA+/ICOM Not Showing VIN

Does anyone know why my ICOM doesn't show up as a "Standard ICOM" in ISTA and doesn't display the vehicle VIN in the connection manager? Everything else seems to work perfectly fine and it can identify and connect to vehicles properly. Just not sure what this checkbox means and why it won't show the VIN?

Genuine ICOM Next with the most recent firmware update.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 11:35 PM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Did you properly setup the Ediabas INI file? It needs to reflect the correct IP & ports.
      07-18-2023, 12:07 AM   #3
yardbro
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Did you properly setup the Ediabas INI file? It needs to reflect the correct IP & ports.
As far as I can tell, yes. Is there anything missing from here that you can tell?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 12:43 AM   #4
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
My laptop was stolen recently. I have my cheat files on a separate SATA drive. I should have a USB SATA dock soon from Amazon. Once I get into my notes I’ll hit you up. Can you login to your icom now from your pc or laptop using a browser? If so the IP from the config file should match IP that hits the icom GUI. I thought the port was 6802 but it’s been a while. Feel free to poke me if I don’t hit you up. I hate when peeps ask a question but don’t have the answer. I should have my USB to SATA dock by Thursday. I haven’t used my icom in years so I forget. I have two sets of config files saved…..on for D-Can and one for my icom.
      07-18-2023, 12:50 AM   #5
yardbro
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
My laptop was stolen recently. I have my cheat files on a separate SATA drive. I should have a USB SATA dock soon from Amazon. Once I get into my notes I’ll hit you up. Can you login to your icom now from your pc or laptop using a browser? If so the IP from the config file should match IP that hits the icom GUI. I thought the port was 6802 but it’s been a while. Feel free to poke me if I don’t hit you up. I hate when peeps ask a question but don’t have the answer. I should have my USB to SATA dock by Thursday. I haven’t used my icom in years so I forget. I have two sets of config files saved…..on for D-Can and one for my icom.
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate it. I can login to the ICOM just fine and as I mentioned it totally works for identifying and connecting to vehicles. I have just recently noticed that it wasn't showing the VIN under connection manager while I have seen that others do. I just wanted to be sure I didn't make a mistake in the configuration or something that could cause other future errors.
Appreciate 0