BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-25-2021, 08:02 PM   #1
e92m3sf
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

DSC Malfunction + Limp Mode

I was getting ready to fix my car this weekend for its current coolant temperature sensor:

002AF9 Coolant temperature sensor
002B59 Coolant thermostat monitoring
002AFD Relative time plausibility

And then I threw some new codes today. I was thinking of holding back on the fix and figuring out what's throwing this new code before I attempt the sensor replacement:

2B0D Idle Speed Control Monitoring Bank 1

So the DSC malfunction and limp mode came on when I cold started and went away after restarting the engine. My idle has been kind of rough (especially after getting gas) lately and I was doing some research and it seems it might be the ICV? Could anyone with experience chime in? Part is about $1000 so I just want to confirm this is the issue before I dive in.

Throttle Body Actuators have been changed about 2 years ago along w the thermostat. Sometimes when I get gas, the idle would be super rough with it even shutting off the engine (happened only twice in the past 3 years but hasn't happened recently).

EDIT:

Carly also gave these extra codes that I assume pop up when the main issues arise:

DSC Codes:
D355
D354
5E19
D356

Engine Codes:
2AF9 Coolant Temp. Sensor
2B57 Engine Emergency Program Activated (limp mode?)
2B59 Coolant Thermostat Monitoring
2B0D Idle Speed Control Monitoring Bank 1
2AFD Relative time plausibility
Appreciate 0