BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

11-04-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Anybody running M Performance Exhaust with test pipes?

Shot in the dark here. Is anybody locally running the M performance exhaust with test pipes? I really want to hear this combo in person.

Already have the M performance exhaust, and need to do some additional exhaust work for... reasons.
Appreciate 1
shimmy232341.00
      11-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

I'm up for listening too
      12-02-2020, 02:29 AM   #3
TMANN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d

Giddy up!
Trying to post a short video clip of an acceleration run. Its pure bliss, people love it at the track, wife absolutely hates it!

BPM Stage 2 tune
Turner test pipes
Stock mid section except with resonators removed
MPE

Pic of mid section prepped for test pipes and resonators removed, stock secondary cats only:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlHpqRWB81-GoMcI...sw0gQ?e=HDrQ6a

sound clip:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlHpqRWB81-GoIcj...WLOtw?e=44IQzL

If you don't want to mess around, just go full nuts with it, I have a new Bimmerworld track pipe (front and mid bolts to your stock/MPE) still in the box that I'm willing to sell. I was going to eventually convert this M3 to a track car, but this car is just too nice so will probably sell it eventually and buy an already prepped E92 track/race car.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

I have test pipes, MPE V2 and an ESS G1. Love the sound. Like everyone says, quiet at low rpms, screams when you step on it. Had the exhaust on for a couple weeks before installing the sc. Exhaust sound changed some. Mostly it just sound like there's more air moving through the exhaust.

Is there rasp? I suppose so. I think the term "rasp" is broad and subjective. That said, there is some rasp like noises (shifting between 4-5k)... and I love it. Wouldn't have it any other way. I've been driving M cars since ~2006 it wouldn't be an M without some rasp. Deep, bassy, monotone exhausts just like vacuum cleaners to me.

One a side note, if I had to do it again, I might might go with an actual x pipe or at least a welded in test pipe like above. It seems depending on the test pipes and clamps used, there can be some exhaust leak issues.