BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-26-2024, 10:14 PM   #1
darkmx4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Recently Acquired E90 335i, Exhaust Advice Appreciated

Hello, as the title of the thread says I have recently acquired an E90 335i, while I am in the process of unfucking the car as much as I can, I find myself with both the secondary cats and the mufflers removed, with the stock resonator still in place, and while that's just barely loud enough to annoy me, I was looking at three potential courses of action in this case, hopefully someone can chime in on the better one.

The car itself is largely in stock form with the exception of the exhaust, a drop in filter, a custom tune and some gigantic fucking wheels which I am replacing, the stock chargepipe and downpipe are installed and I don't believe I will change that in the near future.

The first option being to simply add Vibrants 1141 Ultra Quiets in place of the secondary cats, and hopefully that tones down the noise a little bit.

The second one being adding those same Vibrants where the muffler used to be, I am not well versed on exhaust tone so I'd appreciate if someone could explain if this would have a different effect.

And the last one is just adding the stock mufflers back into the car, I am currently in the process of locating some just in case.

The ideal outcome would be to make this car sound smooth and stop sounding like a freaking chump car, some growl would be fine but no pop and burble nonsense lmfao

Thanks for reading and gobbless

Last edited by darkmx4; 03-26-2024 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0