BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-21-2024, 11:03 PM   #1
UsualxSuspek408
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Got it, been asked..

BUT.. I've been looking to retrofit my iDrive unit on my 2008 M3 and I've come across so many threads, reviews, and products I'm not sure which is the best option. I understand there's a lot of short-comings on each individual product and thats where I'm having a hard time deciding on which to choose.

I was leaning more towards Mr.12volt because of audio quality but my understanding is 1) you can't use OEM mic and I've read the provided mic wasn't the best. 2) since mine is CCC and older the screen resolution was horrid.

I know there's other units but they lack audio quality, system practically resets when you engage the M button, etc. so thats why I'm steering away from those for now.

I'd appreciate any recommendations or fixes for the issues I've mentioned

P.S. I'd also like one that comes with or has a compatible trunk release latch with a rear camera. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:58 AM   #2
kolosy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: over potholes

yeah, phone call quality (for the other end) isn't great, i wonder if you can source another mic to try (since it's just a 3.5mm plug).

as for the rest, i don't get the point of spending several K on a CIC retrofit that gets you the latest in 2010 tech when you can spend $400 on the mr12volt and get carplay + camera.

I had a CCC one and a CIC one. yeah, resolution is lower, but it's perfectly fine for maps and anything else you'd do on that screen (short of maybe trying to watch a move for some odd reason).

I think I have an M3 problem.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:57 AM   #3
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolosy View Post
yeah, phone call quality (for the other end) isn't great, i wonder if you can source another mic to try (since it's just a 3.5mm plug).

as for the rest, i don't get the point of spending several K on a CIC retrofit that gets you the latest in 2010 tech when you can spend $400 on the mr12volt and get carplay + camera.

I had a CCC one and a CIC one. yeah, resolution is lower, but it's perfectly fine for maps and anything else you'd do on that screen (short of maybe trying to watch a move for some odd reason).
I believe people like the way the CIC UI look and appearance. I have a CCC and I don't mind how it looks. I don't have carplay or rearview camera either. I just have a bluetooth to AUX and it isn't too bad. The DVD navigation isn't that bad either. Kinda like it for it's age. Perfectly fine drivers car.

I also have a 2020 M4 with all the available packages. CarPlay is alright. Not a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 0