BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

11-10-2021, 10:42 AM   #1
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Best shop in NY, NJ, CT for car setup

I am looking for the top shop or two in the tristate area for making suspension setup recommendations, and possible install on a street/track car.

I will likely install coilovers myself, but am interested in also having some other suspension parts installed, mainly some or all of the SPL parts, and just need recommendations for what's needed, and how to set it all up and adjust it all to have the most stable car on track.

There isn't a place local to me who I would trust to do this so I'd like your recommendations on where to go.

Bimmerworld recommended Auto Technic in CT, but after researching, this does not look like their focus.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #2
rcracin
Major
Rep

Hit up IMG

He can do installation work and takes it to top notch alignment shops.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:36 PM   #3
cremem3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP • AW/FR

Autocouture Motoring in Fair Lawn NJ will set you straight. Well known on the forums, top notch reputation, and wonderful shop full of cool cars. Went there to get some corded tires swapped and fitment dialed in on a moment's notice and they were prompt, helpful, and nice. They have an online shop for parts, awesome techs, and can do alignment.
Appreciate 2
Kelse921131.50
BOOF-M34448.50
      11-11-2021, 06:46 AM   #4
e92BMW///M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Agree with ACM in Fairlawn NJ, Jeff and Matt have always been great to work with. If you look through the track forum there are at least 2 heavily modified e92 M3s that I have seen getting worked on there.

They do have an online shop too, which is great, but I would suggest giving them a call or shooting them an email first.
      11-11-2021, 02:35 PM   #5
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

I don't even live remotely nearby and can also say Autocouture seems to be the go-to place for many.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2021, 07:35 PM   #6
MaX PL
Major
Rep

Thanks everyone. I'm likely going to go IMG.
Appreciate 1
rcracin1238.00
      01-17-2022, 05:47 PM   #7
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Don't know if you settled on a place but thought I would put in a word for Auto Technic. Predominantly, they focus on selling used cars and general mechanics. But they also have a separate location that is setup to support their cars in the TCR racing series. They know how to setup a car and take their time until you are happy - I have been going there for corner balancing and alignment every spring for years. Give them a call and ask for Rob. Again, none of the other places mentioned here have experience supporting a professional level racing series.
      01-18-2022, 06:20 PM   #8
MaX PL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvas View Post
Don't know if you settled on a place but thought I would put in a word for Auto Technic. Predominantly, they focus on selling used cars and general mechanics. But they also have a separate location that is setup to support their cars in the TCR racing series. They know how to setup a car and take their time until you are happy - I have been going there for corner balancing and alignment every spring for years. Give them a call and ask for Rob. Again, none of the other places mentioned here have experience supporting a professional level racing series.
I'm sorta settled but still waiting on one more part to arrive before doing the complete install of parts.
I'll give Auto Technic a call tomorrow as I completely agree with your last point.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 05:31 PM   #9
MaX PL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Reached out to them yesterday and spoke to Rob. Hoping to hear back Monday and get things going.
Thanks again for the recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 06:47 PM   #10
MaX PL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Auto Technic ended up being totally unresponsive. Called and spoke to Rob, got Robs cell # to text, I text him, follow up with a call asking about the text, and nothing. Same with a local installer who did my suspension in the past. So annoying.

Went with Auto Couture in the end. Very communicative and the install is almost complete.
Appreciate 0