BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

03-15-2020, 01:05 PM   #23
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3s65 View Post
I don't want to thread jack, so if this should go in a new thread or an existing thread let me know. I want to get other peoples experiences and opinions with this setup. Anyone who has the complete Eventuri intake elbow cover and plenum, do you notice at most angles the intake elbow and cover tint do not match the plenum? at certain angles they look the same but when i am standing over the engine looking at it the intake and cover look a shade darker than the plenum and it bugs me a lot.i was just wondering if its just different angles of the carbon fiber weave. Also fitment does not appear to be 100% for me, not like the stock plenum. I spent hours trying to seat this into the throttle body grommets and no matter what i did, either one side or the other would not fully seat. not sure if anyone else had the same experience. As for the sound and overall look, it is amazing and a work of art.

If one side is not fully seated in the throttle bodies isn't there some danger or at least performance loss?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #24
bmwm3s65
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E90 M3 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
If one side is not fully seated in the throttle bodies isn't there some danger or at least performance loss?
I am more worried about unmetered air getting drawn in. I've taken my plenum apart many times, I would like to think the issue is with the new plenum not being exactly the same as the old one but i took the eventuri back off and put oem back in as a test and it fits 100% and the color difference between the pieces bothers me alot. the only difference is the plenum was ordered through vivid racing and the elbow and cover were ordered through eas. i believe both companies get there stock from IND.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 03:30 AM   #25
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I am more worried about unmetered air getting drawn in. I've taken my plenum apart many times, I would like to think the issue is with the new plenum not being exactly the same as the old one but i took the eventuri back off and put oem back in as a test and it fits 100% and the color difference between the pieces bothers me alot. the only difference is the plenum was ordered through vivid racing and the elbow and cover were ordered through eas. i believe both companies get there stock from IND.
Well I have one coming from ind at some point so I guess I'll find out if it's a perfect fit or not. I'm just getting the plenum so I can't compare the weave between it and the other pieces.
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00
      10-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #26
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
What's the weight saving vs. stock system? And how much hp is gained?
      10-06-2020, 07:18 AM   #27
Not Sure
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
What's the weight saving vs. stock system? And how much hp is gained?
-7 pounds based on my own findings. +16 hp on road per evolve.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:57 PM   #28
Crazy8.M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
You could do just the plenum and leave the Dinan if you wanted.
Hey, I was curious if you remember having any issue with the Dinan Strut bars touching the plenum.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 10:35 PM   #29
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal24 View Post
Hey, I was curious if you remember having any issue with the Dinan Strut bars touching the plenum.
My dinan strut bars seem fine and don't touch..I reversed mine so the Dinan logo faces the back because I think it looks gaudy but either way it seems fine..If it does touch them maybe the engine mounts are on the way out.

Appreciate 1
Crazy8.M3273.00
      03-21-2021, 08:19 AM   #30
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal24 View Post
The DINAN Strut Brace on the passenger side will touch the Eventuri Plenum when the engine is hot. I made an 1/4" Aluminum shims to raise the brace up. You want to have about 3/8" gap.
Appreciate 2
      03-27-2021, 01:54 AM   #31
SilverSlug
Hey, where have you been all my life?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6MT

Quote:
I don't want to thread jack, so if this should go in a new thread or an existing thread let me know. I want to get other peoples experiences and opinions with this setup. Anyone who has the complete Eventuri intake elbow cover and plenum, do you notice at most angles the intake elbow and cover tint do not match the plenum? at certain angles they look the same but when i am standing over the engine looking at it the intake and cover look a shade darker than the plenum and it bugs me a lot.i was just wondering if its just different angles of the carbon fiber weave. Also fitment does not appear to be 100% for me, not like the stock plenum. I spent hours trying to seat this into the throttle body grommets and no matter what i did, either one side or the other would not fully seat. not sure if anyone else had the same experience. As for the sound and overall look, it is amazing and a work of art.

It's for this reason that I prefer the CarboProject CF Plenum… They slice the tops off OEM plenums, and install their CF too cover, so the bottom portion is true OEM seating properly.

I also thought all these plenums (including Eventuri) only offered sound, no horsepower gains whatsoever, no?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 07:31 PM   #32
phantome46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Convertible - Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlug View Post
It's for this reason that I prefer the CarboProject CF Plenum… They slice the tops off OEM plenums, and install their CF too cover, so the bottom portion is true OEM seating properly.

I also thought all these plenums (including Eventuri) only offered sound, no horsepower gains whatsoever, no?
I have exactly the same issue as you with the seating. I have gotten mine down as low as I can and really tightened the clips but I have a misfire developed now and reduced power warning in car.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 10:45 PM   #33
eastxlin
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

worth it? anyone regret it?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 11:25 AM   #34
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastxlin View Post
worth it? anyone regret it?
Had mine a year now and ZERO regrets. It’s the best mod hands down.

Makes me laugh when people spend tons on exhausts because loud, but in reality half the exhausts people fit ruin the sound of the car. The plenum ENHANCES the sound, makes it sound so special. It’s a bargain in that context.
Appreciate 0