BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #133
///mawana
Lieutenant
///mawana's Avatar
Zimbabwe
71
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Prosper, TX

iTrader: (0)

Great post, in addition, if you are going to supercharge it someday, don't wait thinking prices will come down, they won't!
__________________
2015 K46 S1KRR
2008 E90 M3
Appreciate 1
Theodore372.00

      05-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #134
13Ghost
2013 E93 M3 MW/Fox
13Ghost's Avatar
Canada
30
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 E93
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
A few other things I've learnt as a new owner that I would have found helpful in one thread... The answers are out there and credit is due to those who originally posted, so please search for more details and give credit where credit is due. On that note thanks Theodore for this thread and for your torque specs too!

1. Turning off your car
Long press on the stop button otherwise you'll be pressing it a couple of times.

2. Garage door buttons
Are only active while the car is running, not just on accessory.

3. Fuel octane rating
Requires premium fuel, minimum required 91, 94 recommended.

4. Jack points (the 4 boxes)
Require an adapter that you can buy cheap or make yourself. They measure 2 x 1 x .5 inch.

5. Wheel lugs
17 mm and need 120 NM which is equivalent to 88-90 ft lbs of torque.
Appreciate 3
SoCalRPM320.00
Theodore372.00

      05-15-2019, 10:45 AM   #135
Dagamus_NM
Private First Class
105
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albuquerque NM

iTrader: (1)

Excellent thread, thank you. The tips on here are great.

I've owned my e92 about three weeks now. Fun car with a good amount of power. The way the engine revs is quite exciting.

This car is almost as much fun to drive as my Z3M coupe was. Oh how I miss that car. I will get another when my son is old enough to ride up front. Need a car with a back seat until then.
Appreciate 1
Theodore372.00

      05-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #136
Brian Senaratne
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E93 2012
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Zagreb

iTrader: (0)

M3 E93 2012 Rear Break Caliper

Hi, I have found that in my E93 M3 2012 that my rear break caliper is missing one part. shown in the picture are the front and rear calipers. could someone share their standard caliper so i can see if one part is missing.
cheers
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 02:56 AM   #137
Mike1992
New Member
5
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: Bmw m3
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: North Hollywood

iTrader: (0)

Thanks
Appreciate 1
Theodore372.00

      06-08-2019, 04:19 AM   #138
ItsGary
Colonel
ItsGary's Avatar
Canada
1251
Rep
2,063
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Ghost View Post
A few other things I've learnt as a new owner that I would have found helpful in one thread... The answers are out there and credit is due to those who originally posted, so please search for more details and give credit where credit is due. On that note thanks Theodore for this thread and for your torque specs too!

1. Turning off your car
Long press on the stop button otherwise you'll be pressing it a couple of times.

2. Garage door buttons
Are only active while the car is running, not just on accessory.

3. Fuel octane rating
Requires premium fuel, minimum required 91, 94 recommended.

4. Jack points (the 4 boxes)
Require an adapter that you can buy cheap or make yourself. They measure 2 x 1 x .5 inch.

5. Wheel lugs
17 mm and need 120 NM which is equivalent to 88-90 ft lbs of torque.
Hmm

1) you could also cut ignition by locking the car. At least I can with my car

2) I can open and close the garage with the ignition on (engine not running)
__________________
Instagram: @Namsaur
'09 ///M3 Sedan - Jerez Black/Fox Red Ext.
'09 335i Coupe - Alpine White/Black - SOLD
Appreciate 1
13Ghost30.00

      06-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #139
M3drop
New Member
2
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2011 E93 328i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Senaratne View Post
Hi, I have found that in my E93 M3 2012 that my rear break caliper is missing one part. shown in the picture are the front and rear calipers. could someone share their standard caliper so i can see if one part is missing.
cheers
my rear calipers and front are different as well, just like in your pictures
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #140
13Ghost
2013 E93 M3 MW/Fox
13Ghost's Avatar
Canada
30
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 E93
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
Same with mine.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #141
M3MPH1S
Captain
M3MPH1S's Avatar
United_States
482
Rep
724
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Senaratne View Post
Hi, I have found that in my E93 M3 2012 that my rear break caliper is missing one part. shown in the picture are the front and rear calipers. could someone share their standard caliper so i can see if one part is missing.
cheers
What you are looking at is the "spring" that keeps the outer brake pad from moving around inside the caliper. There's no risk of it falling out, it just moves around very slightly and can produce some noise. Anyway, the front and rear caliper use a different spring design. In the picture on the left, look at the bottom of the circle you drew. There is a "plate" that has arms extending outward towards the top left of your circle. That serves the same purpose at the one in the other picture. If you work on other cars you will see an endless variation of the same concept.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #142
nj_brit
The Expat Brit
nj_brit's Avatar
15
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bridgewater, NJ

iTrader: (0)

What a great list - thank you!
Appreciate 1
Theodore372.00

      07-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #143
CHE///MIST3
Lieutenant
CHE///MIST3's Avatar
United_States
273
Rep
534
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 6MT Space/Black
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
If your idle hesitates/stumbles at a stop, but runs smoothly past 600-700 rpms, have a look at your gas cap, it may be so old that the rubber seal has compressed beyond its ability to seal properly and you have, in essence, an open gas cap...which this car HATES. Get a new cap at your local BMW dealer for $32....that fixed the problem for me!

GM
Appreciate 4
      07-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #144
dgunn
Registered
2
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2009 Bmw m3
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: So-Cal

iTrader: (0)

Great thread!!
Appreciate 1
Theodore372.00

      07-29-2019, 04:37 PM   #145
romero1990
Enlisted Member
7
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, F25 X3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHE///MIST3 View Post
If your idle hesitates/stumbles at a stop, but runs smoothly past 600-700 rpms, have a look at your gas cap, it may be so old that the rubber seal has compressed beyond its ability to seal properly and you have, in essence, an open gas cap...which this car HATES. Get a new cap at your local BMW dealer for $32....that fixed the problem for me!

GM
I suspect mine having the issue. is there a quick way to check if that was it before buying a new cap? (sure, it wasn't expensive anyways)
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #146
EJK7
Registered
2
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: canton ohio

iTrader: (0)

great write up
Appreciate 1
Theodore372.00

      10-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #147
DrakeFrst
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

When the passenger handle took the car, it was already not in very good condition, but it did not rush into the eyes and simply forgot about it. But apparently the summer days had a very negative effect on her and it was already impossible to even notice the black plastic out of the corner of her eye. I don’t know why such a disease of the front arms, the rear arms are exactly the same, but they are still like new.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #148
Dagamus_NM
Private First Class
105
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albuquerque NM

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeFrst View Post
When the passenger handle took the car, it was already not in very good condition, but it did not rush into the eyes and simply forgot about it. But apparently the summer days had a very negative effect on her and it was already impossible to even notice the black plastic out of the corner of her eye. I donít know why such a disease of the front arms, the rear arms are exactly the same, but they are still like new.
I think I am having a stroke reading this.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #149
BimmerRookie
Major
BimmerRookie's Avatar
United_States
414
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeFrst View Post
When the passenger handle took the car, it was already not in very good condition, but it did not rush into the eyes and simply forgot about it. But apparently the summer days had a very negative effect on her and it was already impossible to even notice the black plastic out of the corner of her eye. I donít know why such a disease of the front arms, the rear arms are exactly the same, but they are still like new.
wut
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #150
tweny
Private
tweny's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

do rod bearings please. I learned the hard way. bought a pristine 2011 37k miles, and had to replace the engine after just 1.5k miles of driving it. get them done!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST