BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

06-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #23
Shredicus
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Haha well to close the loop since I created this thread:

I've had the bimmerworld mounts in for ~8k miles now and really like them. They do add a bit of idle vibration as noted but I find it fairly pleasant and it can be all but eliminated by turning on the A/C which bumps idle up to around 800rpm. The engine certainly feels more unitized with the front of the car than it did with my wrecked OEM mounts which looked fairly similar to the ones posted above.

You can really feel them doing their job with a WOT max setting DCT shift!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #24
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post
Hes asking about the engine mounts, not trans
Yes, I can read. In fact, I have read the entire thread and even contributed previously in it. I think maybe you either drink too much or don’t drink enough.

I commented about my experience with another brand motor mounts that mirrors other comments about this brand motor mounts. And then I added the comment that has caused you immense distress that when I tried the same brand of a trans mount in the same durometer that another person found worked fine for motor mounts, I removed them due to what I found to be objectionable. Having had the experience of trying both aftermarket motor mounts and aftermarket trans mounts in one of these cars, I wanted to offer information that might help others avoid wasting money or driving with vibration.
Appreciate 1
Exclusivs540.50
      06-16-2019, 05:46 AM   #25
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post
Hes asking about the engine mounts, not trans
Yes, I can read. In fact, I have read the entire thread and even contributed previously in it. I think maybe you either drink too much or don’t drink enough.

I commented about my experience with another brand motor mounts that mirrors other comments about this brand motor mounts. And then I added the comment that has caused you immense distress that when I tried the same brand of a trans mount in the same durometer that another person found worked fine for motor mounts, I removed them due to what I found to be objectionable. Having had the experience of trying both aftermarket motor mounts and aftermarket trans mounts in one of these cars, I wanted to offer information that might help others avoid wasting money or driving with vibration.
I think we need a group hug in here. Can't we all just get along?!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 07:52 AM   #26
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post

I probably dont drink enough, but whats your excuse?

Running the bw/revshift motor mounts with stock trans mounts I believe is what the op was after. You chimed in with your experience of running both the motor and trans mounts, not ideally what the op was looking for. So your experience really isnt comparable now is it? Heck My experience with the revshift motor mounts really isnt comparable either, however its closer to what the op was looking for, a mm only upgrade.

So to the op, the consensus with this platform has been to only upgrade the motor mounts if you do not want a ton of added nvh.