BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #45
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
I would rather have a better handling and more agile one series, as I do not need the back seats...
are you saying the 1 series has better handling than a Z06?????
Since it is an american car, it only goes in a straight line, right?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #46
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Angry

I can't wait to destroy this chump on the track.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #47
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
The 135i has an MSRP of $35,800. WTF are you talking about? Anyone who makes $15-$18 an hour could get financing for your car.

My Ford Focus gets 62whp, I'm down to race anytime.
Apparently you are not intelligent enough to realize that cars have these things called options, and when you add options, it cost money... You might not have ever purchased a new car, but when you add options to BMW's, it get's very expensive very quickly... Everything is an option on Euro cars its seems.you can get 15-20k off msrp right now on corvettes right now, and that puts it cheaper than a 135i with the options I ordered. My Boxster S had an MSRP of 64k, so I don't think that a Z06 is out of my price range... And BTW, I payed cash for My 135i, and did not finance it... STFU when you have no idea what you are talking about...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #48
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx
Thats ok I don't mind...People who can't compete on an intellectual level usually resort to name calling.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #49
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
are you saying the 1 series has better handling than a Z06?????
Since it is an american car, it only goes in a straight line, right?
No, but a fully modified 135i that has a couple hundred pounds stripped off of it, making 400+ whp, having a complete track suspension with r compounds, and a limited slip differential would beat a Z06 around the track... I never said the z06 was not a track monster, I said that if I put the amount of money that it would cost to get a z06, I could have a BMW 135i that would beat it around the track, and still be more comfortable than the z06 on the street. the z06 also has absolutely horrible visibility, and has too much cheap plastic in it to be considered nice...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #50
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
No, but a fully modified 135i that has a couple hundred pounds stripped off of it, making 400+ whp, having a complete track suspension with r compounds, and a limited slip differential would beat a Z06 around the track... I never said the z06 was not a track monster, I said that if I put the amount of money that it would cost to get a z06, I could have a BMW 135i that would beat it around the track, and still be more comfortable than the z06 on the street. the z06 also has absolutely horrible visibility, and has too much cheap plastic in it to be considered nice...
Cool. You are entitled to your opinion without recourse. It's all good.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #51
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would say it is pretty safe to say that you would have to be lacking intelligence if you think that every 135i cost the same, theres no getting around that... There are options, and they cost money. therefore, the car cost more, and that is not a hard concept to grasp... An elementary school student could figure that out...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #52
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
Okay, here's the real question, with $40,000 more dollars could you make the 1-Series less hideous? It's pretty butt ugly so I have my doubts.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #53
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Quote:
You could say the same thing about a Dodge Stratus. That means absolutely nothing. Please locate me a brand new Z06 for $20k off MSRP. I've got a buddy on the market for one, and have seen nothing of the sort. The only thing close was the $10k off when GM was running their employee pricing promotion, which is long gone now.

With MSRP starting at $74k (no options), thats still $54k, which is still a big jump from an optioned out 1 series. You are going to strip the interior extensively for those "few hundred pounds", and the Z06 is still lighter. The Z06 is still putting out more power than your modded 1 series. Take into consideration, you've blown your warranty, and the Z06 is still has plenty of room for modding, while you're nearing the end of the rope. It's really not even a contest. You'd be putting in $20k to get comparable performance with a STOCK Z06. It's true GM interiors of the past have been horrible, but they aren't that bad in the C6, and you're talking about stripping the interior of a 1 series anyway so that point is moot. How in the world could you think that a 135i modded to keep up with a Z06 with a track suspension, R compound, and a few hundred lbs of weight reduction (i.e. no interior), is going to be more comfortable than a stock vette on the street? Thats bordering on insanity.

As far as reliablity issues, a new model always has issues that just can't be duplicated in a controlled environment with very few test mules. No car/manufacturer is immune, and certainly not the N54, but the Corvette, and the LS engine in general have been very reliable. The Corvette isn't everyone's cup of tea, but its performance per dollar, amongst its entire model line, is one of the greatest bargains in the entire automotive industry. Considering how much a Z06 will rape an M3 around a track, I'd love to see your stock block (w/ upgraded turbos of course), R compound, magic track suspension, and interior delete mod, does against a stock Z06. R compound should be a given on both cars around a track.

And stop switching between prices. You're throwing around $80k when trying to relate a heavyily modded 135i to compete against a stock Z06, but then mention they are in the same price ($45-50k) range when you were cross shopping them.
      03-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #54
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay, here's the real question, with $40,000 more dollars could you make the 1-Series less hideous? It's pretty butt ugly so I have my doubts.
LOL, way to go off topic on the conversation once you finally figured out that you failed at the previous one... I personally really like the proportions of the 1 series, especially once it is lowered... I would probably put the BMW performance side skirts and a front lip (probably 3d design japan), along with the upcoming vorsteiner CF hood, and CSL trunk. Your calling the 135i ugly when you drive a ford focus
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #55
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
You could say the same thing about a Dodge Stratus. That means absolutely nothing. Please locate me a brand new Z06 for $20k off MSRP. I've got a buddy on the market for one, and have seen nothing of the sort. The only thing close was the $10k off when GM was running their employee pricing promotion, which is long gone now.

With MSRP starting at $74k (no options), thats still $54k, which is still a big jump from an optioned out 1 series. You are going to strip the interior extensively for those "few hundred pounds", and the Z06 is still lighter. The Z06 is still putting out more power than your modded 1 series. Take into consideration, you've blown your warranty, and the Z06 is still has plenty of room for modding, while you're nearing the end of the rope. It's really not even a contest. You'd be putting in $20k to get comparable performance with a STOCK Z06. It's true GM interiors of the past have been horrible, but they aren't that bad in the C6, and you're talking about stripping the interior of a 1 series anyway so that point is moot. How in the world could you think that a 135i modded to keep up with a Z06 with a track suspension, R compound, and a few hundred lbs of weight reduction (i.e. no interior), is going to be more comfortable than a stock vette on the street? Thats bordering on insanity.

As far as reliablity issues, a new model always has issues that just can't be duplicated in a controlled environment with very few test mules. No car/manufacturer is immune, and certainly not the N54, but the Corvette, and the LS engine in general have been very reliable. The Corvette isn't everyone's cup of tea, but its performance per dollar, amongst its entire model line, is one of the greatest bargains in the entire automotive industry. Considering how much a Z06 will rape an M3 around a track, I'd love to see your stock block (w/ upgraded turbos of course), R compound, magic track suspension, and interior delete mod, does against a stock Z06. R compound should be a given on both cars around a track.

And stop switching between prices. You're throwing around $80k when trying to relate a heavyily modded 135i to compete against a stock Z06, but then mention they are in the same price ($45-50k) range when you were cross shopping them.
Oh snap, you just pushed rcracer's shit in.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #56
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
LOL, way to go off topic on the conversation once you finally figured out that you failed at the previous one... I personally really like the proportions of the 1 series, especially once it is lowered... I would probably put the BMW performance side skirts and a front lip (probably 3d design japan), along with the upcoming vorsteiner CF hood, and CSL trunk. Your calling the 135i ugly when you drive a ford focus
You could put Jessica Alba on the hood and the 135i would still be ugly.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #57
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
wtf happened to this thread

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #58
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3

Quote:
If I had 80k in the 1 series, it would absolutely destroy a Z06, and still be much more comfortable and have better visibility...
If you put that much money into a 1er, it would be about the price (take your pick) of a ford GT or a ZR1 which a 1er would never destroy. Even if the zr1s roof did fall off + they look cooler.

Oh, and no matter how ironic it is since the roof fell off, the C6 Z06 does not feel like a piece of shit, ive had the opportunity to drive a pretty wide variety of sports cars, and the z06 just may be the most thrilling car i have ever driven. Not only does it accelerate like a rocket, but it corners incredibly ( i will agree steering is a little number then id hope for ) but its no worse then the new bmws ive driven. Fact is, that car was built to go fast, even if it had to sacrifice steering feel and comfort, not many cars can compete with that thing.

Shame the damn roof is glued on, with not enough glue.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #59
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
You said it was an 08... get your story straight.
I was mistaken bud, he doesnt drive it much, its been in the garage and i assumed since it has 6,000 miles that it was pretty new. dont get your panties in a wad freind.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #60
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Good catch. Dakar is bull shitting. This entire story NEVER happened. This thread should be locked.
fine fine fine, call bullshit, let me upload some pictures, i understand why you called bullshit. But i am no bullshitter!

You guys are such pessimists.
Why in the hell would i make that up, thats not how i get my kicks.

i rest my case.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #61
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Wow, I'll be darned.

p.s - Your dad has good taste. Why is he getting a CTS-V if he has the S-Class already?

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #62
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Wow, I'll be darned.

p.s - Your dad has good taste. Why is he getting a CTS-V if he has the S-Class already?
Haha, The S class is my moms, and flame on (the CTS-V) is gonna be mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #63
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
The S class is my moms, and flame on (the CTS-V) is gonna be mine.
I actually like the CTS-V performance wise (not really looks wise). Especially if my dad was giving it to me for free.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #64
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep

Ya, i understand why people think its not the most attractive car, but the engine/handling/interior won me over as a package.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #65
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm lol'ing
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #66
addy85
Got beef?