BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

04-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
disruptv
Major
Rep
Drives: 3M

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
Went to Proformance today in New Rochelle

I wanted to share w/the forum members my experience w/proformance industries

I had spacers put in last week and although my car drove fine initially, there was a bad vibration @ high speeds and a bad shimmy with the steering wheel...I thought it was due to my 5mm H&R spacers and was very disappointed as I didnt want to lose the stance that they gave me

I contacted Proformance and they told me to bring the car in right away on Monday...I agreed but ended up not being able to go due to work...I contacted them again and we rescheduled for 1st thing today (wed.) @ 8am..I spoke to Franky and he said he would take me in right away and clear out the rest of the schedule so that they could resolve the problem right away versus me dropping the car off and taking metro-north back to the city and then the lirr back to Long Island (at least 2.5hr trek)...I was grateful but doubted they could help me right away ...:

So I arrived @ Proformance today @ 8:53am due to severely stupid traffic..I was prepared to just take the train home as I knew I was almost an hr late...As soon as I walked in, I met Franky and Mario and they took me in almost right away...As they were taking my wheels off, I met George...We talked for a while and he seemed to be very passionate about what he does and the quality of his work from both repairs to his own wheel line that he builds inhouse....

George's crew put my wheel on a machine and caught the vibration issue almost right away...they found that all my wheels were out of balance and one needed to be straightened...I was very relieved that it was not the spacers! They also noted that the air pressure was lower than what it should have been and adjusted it for me and also removed a small nail that was in the tire...

While they were fixing my wheels, I showed George my alcantara shift boot and how it came off my dct shifter...George just went straight ahead and removed my shifter and the boot and fixed it for me no questions asked! ...he has a great knowledge of more than wheels and helped fix something that wasnt even his work...I really appreciated it

Shortly after that, my car was ready and I drove out of the shop...immediately I noticed that my steering feel was greatly improved and as soon as I got to i-95, I took it up to 70+ and all my vibration issues were gone...I swear, it feels almost better than I remember it lol

I highly recommend them to everyone here and will definitely be using them in the future..

here is a quick link w/some pics http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=363502&page=3
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
MCarRacr07
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a couple still in the garage

George is great...he did my BBS CH wheels powder-coated and polished the lip...fantastic job!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Proformance Industries
United_States
Rep
Drives: www.proformanceindustries.com

It was great meeting you and I am glad we were able to get you all straightened out right away. Your M3 is sick, absolutely love the sound of the AA exhaust as you pulled away! The ISS FORGED wheels look great on your car, gotta love that step lip! Look forward to doing business with you in the future, thanks for the kind words as well!

Here are some shots of the ride if anyone wants to see....

BTW, you missed Zim (E90 SC M3) by just a few minutes. I think he said he saw you rolling out actually... The car is here today, we are going out on a photo shoot in a little while, you are more then welcome to come along!

- Franky
Attached Images

Last edited by Proformance Industries; 04-15-2010 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0