BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

03-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SSii M3

WI e90 M3 warning!

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I went and looked at this car this past weekend and was disturbed to say the least. First of all it's missing about 3 years of service history from new to sometime in 2013. The car also isn't in the condition in the pictures.
-The lip isn't on the car anymore as the dealer took it off and said they threw it away.
-The passenger seat belt is chewed up and frayed.
-There are wiring connectors and wiring looms under the hood that have been chewed up by mice.
-The muffler has been cut off.

I pointed this all out to the sales guy and at first he seemed genuinely concerned and asked to see the damage so I took him out and showed him. He didn't really have much to say but did make a comment similar to, "Well someone will buy it at this price." Which is probably what scares me the most. Someone will buy it and won't notice what I did.

So hopefully someone in the market see's this and avoids this car.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...talRetail=true
Appreciate 1
Aktavate245.50
      03-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Assholes don't even know what Extended Leather means!
Appreciate 2
      03-29-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

What are you so salty about? Car has over 100k miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

The keyword is *mice*

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      03-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
What are you so salty about? Car has over 100k miles.
The "over 100k miles" comment came a lot sooner than I expected. I wouldn't say i'm salty per se but more disappointed that this car is on sale with no disclosure of it's actual condition. I understand that it's a 100k mile car but the condition it's in is not because it's a 100k mile car. I didn't state any items worn due to mileage. It's completely out of the ordinary wear caused by something not mileage related. I have to ask, if you still own your car at 100k miles are you expecting the seat belts to start fraying and the wiring looms and connectors to suddenly become mouse food?
Appreciate 1
Aktavate245.50
      03-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #6
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

It looks pretty clean in the pictures so good thing you went to look in person. What was going on w/ the interior trim? Decoder says wood trim which I can see to left of steering wheel, but they wrapped the center dash pieces and section around the radio/HVAC controls. Looks tacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
Assholes don't even know what Extended Leather means!
They probably took the description from another M3 online ad? The description also says 'cold weather package' and 'split fold-down rear seats' and it has neither.
Appreciate 1
UPSROD941.00
      03-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
m3jala
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2013 BMW M3

I had a similar experience with a CarMax m3 I had delivered when I was buying mine last year. Car shows up with hairline cracks on the hood and misaligned clearly in a crash and patched up and horrible at that. Sales guy tells me it comes like that from the factory. And CarMax cars are not supposed to be in accidents. I should have thought of posting the VIN up here... these types of dealers really need to be held accountable. Ruin it for everyone including the honest seller.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 09:15 PM   #8
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
It looks pretty clean in the pictures so good thing you went to look in person. What was going on w/ the interior trim? Decoder says wood trim which I can see to left of steering wheel, but they wrapped the center dash pieces and section around the radio/HVAC controls. Looks tacky.

They probably took the description from another M3 online ad? The description also says 'cold weather package' and 'split fold-down rear seats' and it has neither.
It has a terrible carbon vinyl on the dash. Really shiny like a sticker. It looked even worse in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 09:17 PM   #9
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3jala View Post
I had a similar experience with a CarMax m3 I had delivered when I was buying mine last year. Car shows up with hairline cracks on the hood and misaligned clearly in a crash and patched up and horrible at that. Sales guy tells me it comes like that from the factory. And CarMax cars are not supposed to be in accidents. I should have thought of posting the VIN up here... these types of dealers really need to be held accountable. Ruin it for everyone including the honest seller.
I hear ya! I've had nothing but headaches dealing with dealers but I wasn't able to find what I wanted from a private seller.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 08:35 AM   #10
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbimmer1 View Post
The "over 100k miles" comment came a lot sooner than I expected. I wouldn't say i'm salty per se but more disappointed that this car is on sale with no disclosure of it's actual condition. I understand that it's a 100k mile car but the condition it's in is not because it's a 100k mile car. I didn't state any items worn due to mileage. It's completely out of the ordinary wear caused by something not mileage related. I have to ask, if you still own your car at 100k miles are you expecting the seat belts to start fraying and the wiring looms and connectors to suddenly become mouse food?
It's being sold at a Hyundai dealership and judging by the first glance, the car looks like it was distastefully put together. Already signs of neglect. They probably don't know anything bout the car but want a quick flip. Looks like your shopping for a cheap M3. What ya expect?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #11
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
It's being sold at a Hyundai dealership and judging by the first glance, the car looks like it was distastefully put together. Already signs of neglect. They probably don't know anything bout the car but want a quick flip. Looks like your shopping for a cheap M3. What ya expect?
So mileage isn't the concern any more? I thought that's what the expectation was of a 100k mile car? Now the problem is who's selling it and the price? I looked at it because it was close and the pictures they sent it appeared to be very clean. I'm certainly not shopping for the most expensive M I can find but my budget is certainly higher than what they are asking. My thought process was if I can save a few grand and some time by purchasing a clean car closer to home then I can throw a few grand into the RB's right away and still have money left over for any other mods I want to do. My expectation was that they wouldn't send me deceptive photo's and might be honest about the condition of the car.
Appreciate 0