BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

09-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #67
boostED82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI F80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance View Post
Couple of shots from Monday's tunnel run photoshoot

Courtesy: Callum Lawton Photography
Dude...

Firstly - second shot, wow!

Secondly - where was my invite?
2016 Mineral Grey LCI F80 ///M3 Competition Pack M-DCT Sedan - Evolve Technik Stage 2 | BMC Air Filters | Akrapovic Downpipes | KW HAS Kit | M Performance Front Lip & Carbon Splitters | M Performance Side Skirts | M Performance Rear Diffuser | M Performance Boot Spoiler | M Performance V1 Steering Wheel | M Performance Carbon Shifter & Hand Brake | M Performance Pedals | iND Reflector Deletes | Pomponazzi Coating
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 11:59 PM   #68
Trance
Village Car Slut
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Exige S V6

There is no question these cars are engineering marvels, but the complexity of the systems in this thing are sometimes infuriating, and really expose the fragility of finding that balance of being an awesome car, and being an awesome garage display!

Passing the opportunity to fit a $10 dipstick to the engine, BMW rely on an over complicated oil level sensor system which is about as moody as a $2 drag queen.

M3: OMG I'm low on oil...quickly add a litre or we're done!
Me: add's 0.75L oil
M3: no that's too much, now I'm too full...can't you do anything right?!

CURRENT: Lotus Exige S
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #69
Trance
Village Car Slut
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Exige S V6

So after 6 months of ownership, many spent dollars, and a steep learning curve, I bid the M3 fairwell this evening after being on car sales for grand total of 2 days.

I understand that it won't make a whole lot of sense, considering I had just done the RB's, TBA's etc etc, but my heart just wasn't in it. I actually started to feel anxious every time I brought the car out...wondering what the next error message, failure, or niggle might be. As I've said before, it's an amazing car. When everything lines up and you're honkering around a country bend with the engine singing, it's magic. However the complexity and fragility is something that really needs to be backed up by the security of a warranty - unless of course your pockets are very deep. So I may end up with another M car one day, but it will be fresh off the boat with a juicy warranty.

Although I'm sounding like a grumpy old fart, I did love the car for it's looks, sound, and performance....but at the end of the day we were just having too many of 'those types of discussions' and it wasn't meant to be.

For now, I'm moving to a car with a much more basic and focused DNA....something that I can even work on myself perhaps!

Will give a hollah if I see you on the street - the number plates will give me away :P

Cheers &
CURRENT: Lotus Exige S
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #70
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 M3 Harrop S/C

Sorry to see you go mate but glad you got a quick sale. All the best 👊
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #71
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Congrats on the sale!

What’s the next car?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 06:50 AM   #72
///IVI III
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Wow ..that was a quick ownership.. !
sounds like your experiences with the car weren?t all that positive.. so congrats on the sale!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 03:32 AM   #73
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance View Post
So after 6 months of ownership, many spent dollars, and a steep learning curve, I bid the M3 fairwell this evening after being on car sales for grand total of 2 days.

I understand that it won't make a whole lot of sense, considering I had just done the RB's, TBA's etc etc, but my heart just wasn't in it. I actually started to feel anxious every time I brought the car out...wondering what the next error message, failure, or niggle might be. As I've said before, it's an amazing car. When everything lines up and you're honkering around a country bend with the engine singing, it's magic. However the complexity and fragility is something that really needs to be backed up by the security of a warranty - unless of course your pockets are very deep. So I may end up with another M car one day, but it will be fresh off the boat with a juicy warranty.

Although I'm sounding like a grumpy old fart, I did love the car for it's looks, sound, and performance....but at the end of the day we were just having too many of 'those types of discussions' and it wasn't meant to be.

For now, I'm moving to a car with a much more basic and focused DNA....something that I can even work on myself perhaps!

Will give a hollah if I see you on the street - the number plates will give me away :P

Cheers &
I know exactly what you mean, it's an awesome car but also can induce a lot of anxiety.
In my case it was warranted as I ended up having to buy an install an engine after it munched a main bearing.

I have kept my E36 M3 as a second car I can tinker with and don't need every day and got something new with a warranty.
I can recommend the M140i if you wanted something new, pretty quick and practical from BMW.
Appreciate 0