BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #45
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

nice work klammer you hung with him because of better lines as said above. the gt3rs is a beast.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #46
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

^+1
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:12 AM   #47
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

nice driving

for the 4.0RS..not so much.
      07-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #48
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
This time the super fast car was a ZR1 and once again I am desperately trying to keep up. Over 110 on track today. Car did great, ran like a champ, 30 minute sessions so the heat was quite literally on

That was fun to watch! What was the "woo-hoo" for at 3:04?

That's a great camera mounting spot--you get a clear view of the track and a view of your steering inputs. Red interior looks sharp. Nice smooth driving--your hands seem nicely relaxed. Are you using a CGLock? I still feel like I'm holding on/bracing a bit with the steering wheel.

Are those accessory gauges in your ashtray location? If so, what ones are they? Easily installed?

Based on the screeching, it sounds like you're running street tires--AD08s? Are you running in MDM or with DSC fully off?

Lastly, I love the holler and fist-pump at the very end. It's the sound of pure joy!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #49
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
nice work klammer you hung with him because of better lines as said above. the gt3rs is a beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
^+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
nice driving

Thanks guys, just such a great time, love it!
for the 4.0RS..not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
That was fun to watch! What was the "woo-hoo" for at 3:04?

That's a great camera mounting spot--you get a clear view of the track and a view of your steering inputs. Red interior looks sharp. Nice smooth driving--your hands seem nicely relaxed. Are you using a CGLock? I still feel like I'm holding on/bracing a bit with the steering wheel.

Are those accessory gauges in your ashtray location? If so, what ones are they? Easily installed?

Based on the screeching, it sounds like you're running street tires--AD08s? Are you running in MDM or with DSC fully off?

Lastly, I love the holler and fist-pump at the very end. It's the sound of pure joy!
Appreciate the kind words. Just use the regular belt and yes my hands are always very relaxed as I try to barely hold the wheel, feel like I get a lot of communication that way from the car and can really sense what's going on. I come from a martial arts background and really preach the benefits of relaxation and love the meditative process the track offers. Am sure you recognize the sounds of the AD08's screaming.I'm running MDM on as this is still the wifes DD and I'm just having fun out there as you heard at the end