BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #23
sflgator
Major General
sflgator's Avatar
101
Rep
5,389
Posts

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan0102 View Post
Congrats on the car! I believe we're going to pick up a used C63 with less than 5k miles when our E63's lease is up in December that looks exactly like that

anyways, its a 6.2 motor not a 6.3. I guess 63 just sounds better than 62. I got into an argument with some kid at cars and coffee about it once and he finally came up with, "how do you know?". So I pulled the keys out.

I hope your ready to change the tires every 5k miles and feed her mobil1 every month. damn amg's chug it.
Yes to all.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #24
sflgator
Major General
sflgator's Avatar
101
Rep
5,389
Posts

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
Nice ride. But, say goodbye to your rear tires with that type of power. Better buy stock in your favourite tire company cause your going to inflate their sales with all the unintentional burnouts you're going to do.
I haven't done any burnouts thus far in >600mi., but I'm sure I'll do a few. Yes, I'm aware the C63 eats tires very quickly, but I do 85% highway miles, so it's mostly cruising down the highway...so we'll see how long I can make the tires last. In addition, I have no problem going with a different tire brand on the rears once the oem Pirelli's wear out...maybe a set of rear GY Eagle F1's or my trusted Falken FK-452's also fit these 18" AMG wheels.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #25
darkphantom
Banned
306
Rep
5,946
Posts

Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The place for Bimmers

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
sick car bro....I can see you already doing this to almost every car on the street:

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #26
Alpine 335i
Banned.....not!
Alpine 335i's Avatar
20
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bakersfield, Cali

iTrader: (1)

nice car! if you don't mind me asking how much did you get it for?
__________________
JuiceBox3 1.4 Map 5, AR Design CL DPs, BMS Filter, LUX 4.0, 8k HID fogs, Matte Black Grill, Matte Black Badges, Black/White Roundels, Blacklines, Matte Black Finishing Rods, MFD Matte Black Scoops, Amber Overlays, Tinted Sidemarkers, Tinted all around, LED Courtesy Lights
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
177
Rep
4,643
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Extremely nice C63. You got the AMG Performance Pkg, right? Also, were you given a huge discount since the '09's are coming to their end of year? I heard Merc was offering $10-15k off MSRP on the C63's.....
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #28
Ender514
General
Ender514's Avatar
United_States
222
Rep
20,999
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philly

iTrader: (0)

wow, nice choice! congrats!
__________________
09' E92 335i | 6MT | Montego Blue | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Burl Walnut | Premium | Sport | Cold Weather | Nav | Sirius | Comfort Access | iPod and USB adapter
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #29
sflgator
Major General
sflgator's Avatar
101
Rep
5,389
Posts

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Extremely nice C63. You got the AMG Performance Pkg, right? Also, were you given a huge discount since the '09's are coming to their end of year? I heard Merc was offering $10-15k off MSRP on the C63's.....
Yes, this is one reason why I went for the MB C63 over getting another (2010) BMW 335i or anything else for that matter. I got the $68k loaded C63 for $55k (including shipping from out-of-state to my house)...$13k off MSRP! MB is currently offering (although I think it may end July 31, 2009) a $7.5k mfgr-dealer rebate + dealers are heavily discounting the left-over '09 C63's to make way for the MY 2010's which arrive in Sept. I couldn't find one in FL, so I checked online and called a few dealers out of state. I ended up buying the car (from a VA MB dealer) for about $5k under invoice and they shipped it to me in 2 days at n/c. I thought this was all too difficult for me to pass on.

In addition, I bought the vehicle through Bank of America and got 4.7% auto financing (with my 800 FICO score ), which was better than any other bank or MBUSA Financial could offer; I'm only paying about $60 more per month (to own the MB C63) than what I paid monthly for my '07 BMW 335i lease...it made much more financial sense to me at this point, in this economy.

Plus, I do not have to deal with any real engine mods as this thing is a complete BEAST right our of the box! Then, if I want, I may just get a Kleemann K1 ecu flash for $1,495 and bring the 451HP car to > 500HP!!!
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #30
stickypaws
Dictator
stickypaws's Avatar
35
Rep
1,816
Posts

Drives: people crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where you want to be

iTrader: (0)

I think it's funny that people pick on the M156 engine because it's labeled as 6.3 liters when yes, it's really 6.2. There's nothing else to pick on, I guess. Torque is torque and whether a 6.2 or a 6.3, one thing the M156 has is bucket loads of torque. And it's a NA motor.

fwiw: "Although it displaces 6.208 liters, the engine will be marketed as the "6.3" to comply with German car tax laws, which require them to be rounded up to the nearest 100 cc." In addition, AMG wanted to pay homage to the famous 6.3 of the past.

If truth in advertising upsets anyone, then just take off the badges and then you've got a whatever liter AMG.
http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/gal...age_full/1135/
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #31
sflgator
Major General
sflgator's Avatar
101
Rep
5,389
Posts

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I think it's funny that people pick on the M156 engine because it's labeled as 6.3 liters when yes, it's really 6.2. There's nothing else to pick on, I guess. Torque is torque and whether a 6.2 or a 6.3, one thing the M156 has is bucket loads of torque. And it's a NA motor.

fwiw: "Although it displaces 6.208 liters, the engine will be marketed as the "6.3" to comply with German car tax laws, which require them to be rounded up to the nearest 100 cc." In addition, AMG wanted to pay homage to the famous 6.3 of the past.

If truth in advertising upsets anyone, then just take off the badges and then you've got a whatever liter AMG.
http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/gal...age_full/1135/
Thanks for posting that; I didn't know the exact size and why it's marketed as '6.3L.' Like you said though, torque is torque and this C63 has got plenty of it...and that big 6.208L engine + exotic quad AMG exhaust sound...OMG, simply amazing!!!!
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #32
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
23
Rep
955
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I think it's funny that people pick on the M156 engine because it's labeled as 6.3 liters when yes, it's really 6.2. There's nothing else to pick on, I guess. Torque is torque and whether a 6.2 or a 6.3, one thing the M156 has is bucket loads of torque. And it's a NA motor.

fwiw: "Although it displaces 6.208 liters, the engine will be marketed as the "6.3" to comply with German car tax laws, which require them to be rounded up to the nearest 100 cc." In addition, AMG wanted to pay homage to the famous 6.3 of the past.

If truth in advertising upsets anyone, then just take off the badges and then you've got a whatever liter AMG.
http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/gal...age_full/1135/
Its pretty much only done for historical reasons
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #33
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
113
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Congrats on the new car :P Dark side, what dark side.... it's a freakin c63 torque monster!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #34
Cyrax91
YNWA
Cyrax91's Avatar
United_States
133
Rep
1,786
Posts

Drives: Imola Red F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NM

iTrader: (18)

Dude congrats on the car and what a great deal for you!!! Its goregous!! I love that steering wheels its so sick!

I actually test drove one and you're not kidding that exhaust system sounds incredible. Id trade my 335i for one in a second if I could get out of my car :/
__________________
Imola Red ZCP F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #35
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
datbimmerdoe's Avatar
United_States
893
Rep
17,524
Posts

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

Raw upgrade. That thing is beastly insane.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #36
BoostedBMW
Moderator
BoostedBMW's Avatar
United_States
105
Rep
6,777
Posts

Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Congrats! I drove one a few months back and it was definitely a fun car, especially on open straights.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #37
MSPORTWORLD
Major
MSPORTWORLD's Avatar
United_States
134
Rep
1,424
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Nice ride! I played with one at Supercar Sensation (www.supercarsensation.com).

It is a sweet ride and sounds awesome!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #38
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
TunedM2C's Avatar
No_Country
655
Rep
4,200
Posts

Drives: 2016 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (2)

Congrats! I'm right behind you but I'm getting silver. I plan on getting the performance package too. A MHP tune, snorkle mod and exhaust are in the future as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #39
sflgator
Major General
sflgator's Avatar
101
Rep
5,389
Posts

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Babs View Post
Awesome ride bro and at an absolute steal no less!!!! You said you do a lot of driving for work, i hope your not hauling anything but ass in that thing!?!?!?! And as far as going to the dark side I disagree, buy an Audi would be going to the darkside of DIE!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL! Congrats bro and becareful! Those quad bumper plugs kill me inside =(
Yeah, I was pissed when I saw the front license plate on there (bought it from a dealer in VA). In FL, they only require the rear plate; no front plate. So, it was either do the 4 black caps or get a europlate...which I may still do, but for now, I'll just keep the 4 black caps and see how it goes. I'm not a big fan of the europlate in the U.S. but I may try it.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #40
sflgator
Major General
sflgator's Avatar
101
Rep
5,389
Posts

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
Congrats! I'm right behind you but I'm getting silver. I plan on getting the performance package too. A MHP tune, snorkle mod and exhaust are in the future as well.
Nice! Why MHP ecu flash and not Kleemann if I may ask?
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 06:07 AM   #41
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
asdflkijd's Avatar
United_States
295
Rep
5,510
Posts

Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
omfg.. monster monster mosnter
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #42
flyinb501
Captain
35
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Yes, this is one reason why I went for the MB C63 over getting another (2010) BMW 335i or anything else for that matter. I got the $68k loaded C63 for $55k (including shipping from out-of-state to my house)...$13k off MSRP! MB is currently offering (although I think it may end July 31, 2009) a $7.5k mfgr-dealer rebate + dealers are heavily discounting the left-over '09 C63's to make way for the MY 2010's which arrive in Sept. I couldn't find one in FL, so I checked online and called a few dealers out of state. I ended up buying the car (from a VA MB dealer) for about $5k under invoice and they shipped it to me in 2 days at n/c. I thought this was all too difficult for me to pass on.

In addition, I bought the vehicle through Bank of America and got 4.7% auto financing (with my 800 FICO score ), which was better than any other bank or MBUSA Financial could offer; I'm only paying about $60 more per month (to own the MB C63) than what I paid monthly for my '07 BMW 335i lease...it made much more financial sense to me at this point, in this economy.

Plus, I do not have to deal with any real engine mods as this thing is a complete BEAST right our of the box! Then, if I want, I may just get a Kleemann K1 ecu flash for $1,495 and bring the 451HP car to > 500HP!!!
You son of a bitch! I wish I was in the position to buy a new car right now...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #43
sflgator
Major General
sflgator's Avatar
101
Rep
5,389
Posts

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
You son of a bitch! I wish I was in the position to buy a new car right now...
Timing is everything.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #44
RRGOO7
Colonel
RRGOO7's Avatar
215
Rep
2,451
Posts

Drives: GTR
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami FL

iTrader: (13)

Fantastic car! Congrats. I would have seriously considered the C63 if it came with a third pedal.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST