BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-05-2020, 10:59 PM   #1
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

What length swaybar end links to use KW Clubsports?

Hello all,

Looking to upgrade my stock swaybars to Hotchkiss swaybars (front and rear). I'm hoping to use SPL end links -- from what I've researched the front end link size that will fit is 9-10.5"? Is that correct? Would hate to custom order the endlinks and then have to return them.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

I have the same setup. KW Clubsport with Hotchkiss front sway bar.
I currently have the Bimmerworld 9-10.5” endlinks so the SPL ones should be similar. I went with the BW ones cause they were better priced.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
911r891.00
      08-06-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
911r
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
I have the same setup. KW Clubsport with Hotchkiss front sway bar.
I currently have the Bimmerworld 9-10.5" endlinks so the SPL ones should be similar. I went with the BW ones cause they were better priced.
Thanks a bunch! I'll put the order in now
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

My own experiencing having previous had SPL links for my old Bilstein setup and now Bimmerworld for my MCS......you get what you pay for. The SPL links IMO were significantly nicer. I wouldn't buy or recommend the Bimmerworld ones personally.

At some point when I'm feeling less lazy I'll replace them for proper length SPL units.

What I specifically really don't like is the "body" of the links (black part in the center) doesn't have any kind of flat/hex part so you can't easily snug up the lock nut. I ended up using vice grips which you can imagine mess up the finish. On my set the joints are super loose too.

08-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #5
911r
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
My own experiencing having previous had SPL links for my old Bilstein setup and now Bimmerworld for my MCS......you get what you pay for. The SPL links IMO were significantly nicer. I wouldn't buy or recommend the Bimmerworld ones personally.

At some point when I'm feeling less lazy I'll replace them for proper length SPL units.

What I specifically really don't like is the "body" of the links (black part in the center) doesn't have any kind of flat/hex part so you can't easily snug up the lock nut. I ended up using vice grips which you can imagine mess up the finish. On my set the joints are super loose too.

Very good to know, I definitely plan on ponying up the extra couple of dollars for the SPL end links — even though the Bimmerworld links are more readily available. Especially because I plan on using more of their suspension components down the road.
Appreciate 0