BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-19-2020, 04:41 PM   #1
julien_michaud
Rep
Drives: m3 e92

Shock icon ligth with exclamation mark

Hi guys,

On my 08 M3 E92 with 73k miles, I cannot change the damping manually with the EDC button.

I have my car start in confort mode so with 0 orange lights.
When I press the M button, I got max damping with the two orange lights but I cannot go back to conform either with the M button or by pressing the button manually

When I press the key to pop it back from the "hole" under the start button, I got the yellow Shock icon with the exclamation mark.

I don't have any error code when using Torque on my Android.

Do you guys have any ideas ?

I saw some thread saying that a EDC connector might be loose, I will check that tomorrow.
Someone also said that the battery might be near the end ? I dont have a record of it being change so I assume its the original one.

Thank for your help and have a great day.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #2
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
The shock warning typically indicates a faulty shock or shock connection. There should be an associated fault stored in the EDC control module for a front or rear shock. I believe the shocks are wired in series on each axle so you may have a fault for a front or rear shock, but the car can't determine which. It may just be the connector at the shock top, which is available separately from the shock. It's hard to tell what could be the issue without a fault though. Do you have access to a decent multimeter you can read resistance with?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 05:54 AM   #3
julien_michaud
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
The shock warning typically indicates a faulty shock or shock connection. There should be an associated fault stored in the EDC control module for a front or rear shock. I believe the shocks are wired in series on each axle so you may have a fault for a front or rear shock, but the car can't determine which. It may just be the connector at the shock top, which is available separately from the shock. It's hard to tell what could be the issue without a fault though. Do you have access to a decent multimeter you can read resistance with?
Not atm, Im going to download Ista and hope that it can give me more details...

Will keep you posted !

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #4
julien_michaud
Rep

No fault codes was returned using Ista
View post on imgur.com

The icon on the dashboard:
View post on imgur.com

Like some people, the light on the start button stay on for ~30seconds after I close the car, some people suggests that it might be a EDC failure
View post on imgur.com

I will go to a electronic shop this weekend, will keep you posted.

In the meantime, I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 05:26 AM   #5
julien_michaud
Rep

problem solved by replacing the edc module, 500€ in total including labor, new part and coding in an indy shop.
Appreciate 0