BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

07-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #111
maxxxboost
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Sent you a PM

Got my car back last week. TSS performed the job with WPC treated OEM rod bearing with OEM bolts. Also done was spark plugs and engine mounts.

For 123,000km, rod bearings didn't look too bad.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by daijc View Post
Anyone done the rod bearings recently? As noted before the BE bearings are not in stock and TSS mentioned they have the updated BMW OEM rod bearings with an extra layer of coating + misc parts and ARP bolts and was quoted $4000 all in.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 05:47 PM   #112
JustinTS
Lurker
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Got mine done at racing greed a couple of months ago. Pretty straight forward job. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with a mixed ACL set or BE bearings (OOS though). I used the ACL HX/extra clearance bearings and so far so good.

I sourced the parts myself and was able to get the job done for <3k.

ACL HX bearings: ~$228 - mpower
BE/ARP bolts: ~$348 - mpower
Elring oil pan gasket: $48.75 - germanparts
Lemforder Motor mounts: $61.74 x 2 = $123.48 - rockauto (could not find Corteco in Canada, would advise against URO/other brands)
TWS Oil: $100 - craigslist
Mahle oil filter: $15.49 - rockauto

Labour: ~1820.00 tax in.

All of the above is in CAD. Keep in mind there are some shipping costs associated with the parts.

There are cheaper prices online (e.g. ECS, Turner), but when you factor in shipping to Canada, these prices were the cheapest. Obviously we cannot go across the border right now to grab parts, so hopefully this helps someone that wants to do the job now.
Appreciate 1
s1 s211.00
      08-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #113
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTS View Post
Got mine done at racing greed a couple of months ago. Pretty straight forward job. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with a mixed ACL set or BE bearings (OOS though). I used the ACL HX/extra clearance bearings and so far so good.

I sourced the parts myself and was able to get the job done for <3k.

ACL HX bearings: ~$228 - mpower
BE/ARP bolts: ~$348 - mpower
Elring oil pan gasket: $48.75 - germanparts
Lemforder Motor mounts: $61.74 x 2 = $123.48 - rockauto (could not find Corteco in Canada, would advise against URO/other brands)
TWS Oil: $100 - craigslist
Mahle oil filter: $15.49 - rockauto

Labour: ~1820.00 tax in.

All of the above is in CAD. Keep in mind there are some shipping costs associated with the parts.

There are cheaper prices online (e.g. ECS, Turner), but when you factor in shipping to Canada, these prices were the cheapest. Obviously we cannot go across the border right now to grab parts, so hopefully this helps someone that wants to do the job now.

how did bearing look?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #114
daijc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

So got mine done right around 60k kms. Was able to order BE and ARP bolts which took quite a little bit. The car has seen heavy track use over the years and barely any road use so it seems like they look pretty good. Changed AKG Poly 75D engine and AKG Poly 95A tranny mounts. Here are some pictures of the ones that came out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-03-2021, 12:59 AM   #115
gridworks
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
So got mine done right around 60k kms. Was able to order BE and ARP bolts which took quite a little bit. The car has seen heavy track use over the years and barely any road use so it seems like they look pretty good. Changed AKG Poly 75D engine and AKG Poly 95A tranny mounts. Here are some pictures of the ones that came out.
Looks pretty good! Curious which shop you went with?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #116
daijc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridworks View Post
Quote:
Looks pretty good! Curious which shop you went with?
My friends shop Tritech Auto Performance in Vancouver
Appreciate 0