BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #23
AceBeezy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3

I just installed an eventuri intake, double checked and triple checked for any gaps and ensured everything was tight...but I'm now experiencing the same whistling sound at low rpm as described in this thread. Any updates from anyone's findings on this would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #24
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Take off the intake piece by piece and see which piece makes the whistle disappear.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #25
Matthew III
Smooth Operator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Take off the intake piece by piece and see which piece makes the whistle disappear.
not sure if you saw my thread high pitch noise but read thru. could be your plenum unsecure or the gasket inside the plenum that connects to the ICV has an air gap
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #26
AceBeezy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyRice View Post
Quote:
not sure if you saw my thread high pitch noise but read thru. could be your plenum unsecure or the gasket inside the plenum that connects to the ICV has an air gap
Thanks for chiming in and I did read thru your thread. However, based on your video and description, it is definitely not same as what I am experiencing. Regardless if I am driving at parking speed or just doing 40mph, if there is throttle input between 1500-2000 rpm, the whistling is there. In the video, you will hear it a few times with the wind blowing in the mic.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #27
Matthew III
Smooth Operator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceBeezy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyRice View Post
Quote:
Thanks for chiming in and I did read thru your thread. However, based on your video and description, it is definitely not same as what I am experiencing. Regardless if I am driving at parking speed or just doing 40mph, if there is throttle input between 1500-2000 rpm, the whistling is there. In the video, you will hear it a few times with the wind blowing in the mic.

gotcha. you might still want to try opening up the plenum. I've read other articles and they seemed more aligned with your whistle sound than mine. that sound is generally vacuum related and the culprit is likely some hole somewhere
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #28
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceBeezy View Post

have the exact same issue! been going on for years. only occurs once the car is hot and been driving around. but yeah, happens in whatever gear, exactly between 1500-2000 rpm.

no idea what's causing it and been wanting to figure it out forever.
Appreciate 0