BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

09-01-2021, 12:09 AM   #23
JiGZ
Save the manuals!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / E60 530i

Yep, get looks and random compliments at the gas station, and in traffic all the time. Always nice to hear compliments from those in the know
Appreciate 1
GotV8?1050.50
      09-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #24
tbuck
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2016 F23 M235i

As mine appears completely stock, I get little or no notice from most people other than from obvious BMW enthusiasts and the occasional ricer. That is until they hear the Harrop screaming away. Under normal driving it is usually a good bit louder than the exhaust, but when I romp on it the two join to make a symphony that is hard for others nearby to ignore.
      09-01-2021, 09:00 AM   #25
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

i always throw a thumbs up or hang loose when I notice another enthusiast and we spot eachother. haha

Last edited by jp1984; 09-02-2021 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
GotV8?1050.50
      09-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #26
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

I have a tendency to drive a little faster than I should. When I do I'm very cautions of being as safe as I can, using my turn signals (always) and giving the my car and other cars enough space when I'm changing lanes. A couple times the space I gave was not up to the standards of the other drivers and I got the finger one time and another time I got an ear full. I try not to be a dick and usually end up apologizing because people are insane and in Florida there are more crazy people than not.

A few weeks ago I was doing about 90 on the highway when I noticed someone right behind me on my tail and then pulled next to me, still doing 90. So I give him the I'm sorry wave, thinking I may have done something he didn't like. He followed me while yelling out his window. I freaked out thinking he was gonna shoot me or something so I pulled off the highway and he followed me. At that point I'm freaking out and possibly soiled my pants. I tried to out run him but ended up getting stuck at an intersection. So when he pulled up next to me I cowered and that's when he started yelling at how much he liked the car and loved how it sounded. That dude was so pumped up for the sound and the highway speed chase that I started laughing and told him I was running because I thought he was gonna shoot me. Probably one of my better days in the car.

I drive an E93 so i actually get more people trying to prove something to me and more hate than props. People don't like convertibles, especially when I'm in business cloths.

Cars and coffee I try not to park at the event because the BMW guys seem to have attitudes about the verts. I don't really care and maybe it's mostly in my head but I don't care to show off my car either. I go to the events to see other cars.

A cop pulled me over a few months ago for going 10 over and started telling me that rich people like me don't care about fines and that I'll just pay it and not care. I told him that clearly he's not a car guy because this platform is no longer for "rich" people and that if he was gonna be that judge mental that he should see that I was wearing an old navy button up. I think that pissed him off more.
Appreciate 10
bhowelett125.00
GotV8?1050.50
tbuck1185.50
ATLIEN549.00
akkando5864.50
jun_e92140.50
      09-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #27
bhowelett
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 MR E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E93  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Cars and coffee I try not to park at the event because the BMW guys seem to have attitudes about the verts. I don't really care and maybe it's mostly in my head but I don't care to show off my car either. I go to the events to see other cars.
Great story! I would be freaking out too I'm sure! It's hard trusting people these days; people seem to rage about the smallest of things.

I haven't yet gone to a cars and coffee in my e93. I've been wanting to though. Maybe though, after reading this, I should re-think that. I'm sure I would be scoffed at for driving an e93 anyway.

It's not a "real" M car after all (so some say).
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #28
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhowelett View Post
Quote:
Great story! I would be freaking out too I'm sure! It's hard trusting people these days; people seem to rage about the smallest of things.

I haven't yet gone to a cars and coffee in my e93. I've been wanting to though. Maybe though, after reading this, I should re-think that. I'm sure I would be scoffed at for driving an e93 anyway.

It's not a "real" M car after all (so some say).
I wouldn't listening to me though. I've evolved a chip on my shoulder over the years. Lol
Appreciate 1
bhowelett125.00
      09-01-2021, 12:23 PM   #29
Luvs2spwg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Get a lot of thumbs up and "what is that?" at gas stations when I startup (Meistercraft exhaust helps), and people flip out over the fox red interior.

Still nowhere near the attention my 1997 Land Cruiser gets.
Appreciate 1
GotV8?1050.50
      09-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #30
youngtimer55
"Cool Prius" - Nobody
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, E39 M5, Prius

Weirdly, never gotten a thumbs up in my time of ownership

I think my all-black color combo hurts the cause, kinda hides the M3 styling cues
      09-01-2021, 09:18 PM   #31
2011E90ZCP
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 ZCP

I've never gotten any recognition whatsoever. I think most people around here just think it's a 3 series with something a little different but they don't quite know what it is. Even at cars and coffee I don't get many looks and our c&c isn't exactly overflowing with exotics or anything. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 09:23 PM   #32
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

IB ZCP E90 I get some feedback or quick conversations pretty often. I'd say 50 times or so since I've owned it someone either stopped at a light to say nice car or whatever or ask about it in a parking lot, etc. I went to Wegmans 2 days ago and some dude in a Civic stopped at a light rolled down his window and said that thing is badass, nice.

I do have a Corsa rear w/out primary cats so it sounds like god's chariot and isn't subtle.

It gets negative attention too, but I don't know if people are just dumb, or acting extra dumb around me. Probably the former.

Last edited by neilum; 09-02-2021 at 05:53 AM..
Appreciate 4
GotV8?1050.50
Msidhu195.50
Merlin_83473.50
      09-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #33
GotV8?
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jerez E92 M3 ZCP "12"

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
Funny seeing this thread - I got 3 compliments yesterday alone. People really do love M3’s.
the body lines match with the V8 sound equals sweet music to our ears with eye candy to go with it!!
Appreciate 2
GeorgeA758.00
JiGZ13.50
      09-01-2021, 10:18 PM   #34
GotV8?
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitzlejd View Post
I've never gotten any recognition whatsoever. I think most people around here just think it's a 3 series with something a little different but they don't quite know what it is. Even at cars and coffee I don't get many looks and our c&c isn't exactly overflowing with exotics or anything. Oh well.
LOL, I'm in the Columbus area....What part of OHIO are you in....just curious considering a lot of C & C I hear about have a lot of exotics. Must be City limits vs Rural. IMO
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 10:25 PM   #35
GotV8?
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstone801 View Post
Literally was going out with my Wife to grab some dinner on Saturday and pulled up to a light. Late teen early 20 yr old signals me to roll down my window. The following came from his mouth after I hit the window down: "Your car is FUCKING sick" Me: Thanks!

My wife said, does that make you feel good? I said, Sure!
I had a similar experience with my 12 year old daughter riding shotgun....We were at Dairy Queen getting ice cream and the Highschooler working the window said " Sweet Ride Dude!!"... I was cheesing big time....and my daughter replied for me "Its Sounds Awesome!!" those are the moments that just adds icing to the cake of ownership to our Ms.
Appreciate 1
bhowelett125.00
      09-01-2021, 11:05 PM   #36
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Wrap your e9x in bright Orange and you will get lots of attention.

I bought mine from the PO that had it wrapped. I never thought I’d like it, even thought I’d remove the wrap fairly quickly after I bought it. 3 years later, and I LOVE it. Compliments near daily. I don’t really go for that but it’s nice and knows no boundaries, old ladies, drive through workers, kids, purples, whatever, they all love it.

It’s gaudy, looks like a plastic bottle, but the people love it.

I think I’m going to re-wrap it Santorini Blue this fall.
Appreciate 2
GotV8?1050.50
tbuck1185.50
      09-02-2021, 07:20 AM   #37
2011E90ZCP
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotV8? View Post
LOL, I'm in the Columbus area....What part of OHIO are you in....just curious considering a lot of C & C I hear about have a lot of exotics. Must be City limits vs Rural. IMO
I'm in Cincinnati. Our c&c isn't terrible there are lots of Porsche, a couple McLaren, occasional Lamborghini or Ferrari. A few bimmers.
Appreciate 1
GotV8?1050.50
      09-02-2021, 08:14 AM   #38
bhowelett
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 MR E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E93  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitzlejd View Post
I'm in Cincinnati. Our c&c isn't terrible there are lots of Porsche, a couple McLaren, occasional Lamborghini or Ferrari. A few bimmers.
You're flying under the radar in an e90. Only the enthusiasts will know what you're driving. I think it can be a good thing to be stealthy like that.

I didn't buy my car because I want other people to like it. I bought it because I like it; and I wanted to be in something different from all of the Vettes, Mustangs, and Camaros in the area.

But I do like it when people say "nice car"! Though it seems to be only my family and friends that tell me that.
Appreciate 1
GotV8?1050.50
      09-02-2021, 09:25 AM   #39
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

Quote:
I have a tendency to drive a little faster than I should. When I do I'm very cautions of being as safe as I can, using my turn signals (always) and giving the my car and other cars enough space when I'm changing lanes. A couple times the space I gave was not up to the standards of the other drivers and I got the finger one time and another time I got an ear full. I try not to be a dick and usually end up apologizing because people are insane and in Florida there are more crazy people than not.

A few weeks ago I was doing about 90 on the highway when I noticed someone right behind me on my tail and then pulled next to me, still doing 90. So I give him the I'm sorry wave, thinking I may have done something he didn't like. He followed me while yelling out his window. I freaked out thinking he was gonna shoot me or something so I pulled off the highway and he followed me. At that point I'm freaking out and possibly soiled my pants. I tried to out run him but ended up getting stuck at an intersection. So when he pulled up next to me I cowered and that's when he started yelling at how much he liked the car and loved how it sounded. That dude was so pumped up for the sound and the highway speed chase that I started laughing and told him I was running because I thought he was gonna shoot me. Probably one of my better days in the car.

I drive an E93 so i actually get more people trying to prove something to me and more hate than props. People don't like convertibles, especially when I'm in business cloths.

A cop pulled me over a few months ago for going 10 over and started telling me that rich people like me don't care about fines and that I'll just pay it and not care. I told him that clearly he's not a car guy because this platform is no longer for "rich" people and that if he was gonna be that judge mental that he should see that I was wearing an old navy button up. I think that pissed him off more.
honestly, dude, stick that whip right upfront to the topless rar-ee's that are also not real ones cause they are drop tops as well.

you belong.
Appreciate 3
ToddinTN504.00
Idfkman473.00
      09-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #40
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
No often but just yesterday I was in a oddly shaped traffic circle with a nice S curve, romped on it in first gear which is a blast and got a fist pump from a guy in a pick up who was waiting to enter.

The four pipe mod and Eventuri plenum generally draws attention from people who have an ear for muscle cars.

Side note I couldn't be happier with the exhaust note and induction combination.
Appreciate 1
GotV8?1050.50
      09-02-2021, 10:09 AM   #41
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Occassional thums up on the road but then typically from another bimmer guy. Lots of hidden looks though when the exhaust wake intetest. When washing the car though, almost every single time there is a guy approaching from his wash box to have a car chat.
Appreciate 3
GotV8?1050.50
Idfkman473.00
      09-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #42
Msidhu1
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 IB DCT

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilum View Post
IB ZCP E90 I get some feedback or quick conversations pretty often. I'd say 50 times or so since I've owned it someone either stopped at a light to say nice car or whatever or ask about it in a parking lot, etc. I went to Wegmans 2 days ago and some dude in a Civic stopped at a light rolled down his window and said that thing is badass, nice.

I do have a Corsa rear w/out primary cats so it sounds like god's chariot and isn't subtle.

It gets negative attention too, but I don't know if people are just dumb, or acting extra dumb around me. Probably the former.
Our cars sound identical even to exhaust set up... mine is not ZCP but have ZCP wheels. Get compliments or thumbs often at Gas stations or stop lights specially for the color and exhaust. Will admit its mostly younger guys or enthusiasts...
Appreciate 1
neilum896.50
      09-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #43
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post
Quote:

honestly, dude, stick that whip right upfront to the topless rar-ee's that are also not real ones cause they are drop tops as well.

you belong.
Wait what to you mean "also not real ones"?

Honestly I prefer to not belong. I'm not old but I'm definitely to old to need to belong to any group, let alone a car group.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 06:59 AM   #44
Patcho
Private
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 ZCP IB, 23 G80 M3 Cx

Get occasional compliments, one was on the beltway in VA, A My Flower truck zoomed up, took pic, gave thumbs up and exited.
Appreciate 1
GotV8?1050.50